Work stress is harming your health.
工作压力危害着您的健康
If the thought of heading to work each day is taking a toll on your mental and physical well-being, it may be time to call it quits. Warning signs may include weight gain, trouble sleeping, depression, anxiety and nausea before you start your week. In addition to making you sick, a toxic work culture can stunt your career growth and hurt your self-confidence.
如果每天一想到去上班就会影响你的身心健康,那可能是时候辞掉这份工作了。警告迹象可能包括,工作周开始前体重增加、难以入睡、抑郁、焦虑和恶心。有毒的企业文化不仅会令人恶心,还会阻碍你的职业发展、降低你的自信心。
You'd hate to have your boss's job.
你讨厌上司的工作
Some workers are eager to get promoted when their supervisors leave. But if your boss's job sounds like a soul-crushing express ticket, then you may be at the wrong company - or even in the wrong industry. It's time to reexamine what you want out of your career and consider moving to a new job.
上级领导离职时,有些员工或许希望自己能得到提拔。但如果你觉得领导的工作就像是一张令人崩溃的快车票,那这家公司或许并不适合你--更甚者,你或许并不适合这一行业。重新审视自己的职业生涯、考虑一份新工作的时候到了!
Your boss is a bully.
上级领导仗势欺人
A boss who teases you about characteristics, sexually harasses you or doesn't give you the credit you deserve is a bully. Talking to your manager or human resources about the problem may remedy it. If that's not an option or it doesn't work, it may be time to put in your two weeks' notice. The longer you work for a toxic boss, the more accustomed you'll get to bad treatment.
如果你的上级领导总是取笑你的性格、对你进行性骚扰,或没有给予你应得的赞赏,那他/她就是在仗势欺人。和经理或人力资源同事聊聊这一问题或能找到解决方法。如果你觉得这么做不合适,也许是时候提交辞职报告了。在这样一位随时传播负能量的领导身边工作的时间越久,你就越容易对他的恶劣态度习以为常。
You're woefully underpaid.
你的薪水太低了。
If you're making peanuts - and struggling to get substantial raises - heading to a new company may give you a chance to negotiate a higher salary. Here's how to figure out what you're worth at work.
如果你挣得很少--或正朝着大幅加薪的方向努力--跳槽或许会让你获得更高薪水。先弄清楚你的工作价值吧。
Your life is changing.
你的人生正发生变化。
If you're moving across the country, starting a family or heading back to school, quitting your job may be necessary to keep your personal life moving forward. It may be worth trying to convince your boss to let you work remotely, especially if your move is prompted by your partner's career, but those kinds of requests aren't always successful.
如果你打算搬家、组建家庭或重回校园读书,辞掉当前的工作或许是个人生活向前发展的必要条件。或许,让老板相信你可以在家远程办公(尤其是为了另一半的职业而搬家时),但通常情况下,领导会拒绝这样的请求。
The last/final straw 忍无可忍,使人最终崩溃的一击
Bust a gut 拼了命地工作
Drama queen 小题大做的人
It's on the cards 这件事十有八九会发生
Closing the doors on paradise 为生态修复关闭旅游天堂岛屿
Going forward 从今往后
Can a lie-in make you healthier? 睡懒觉能让你更健康?
Is a game just a game? 游戏只是游戏吗?
To turn something upside down 把……翻个底朝天
Hangry 饥饿成怒
Are you ready for your exam? 考试,你准备好了吗?
Bye bye Big Ben's bongs 与大本钟的钟声暂时告别
You're pulling my leg! 你在愚弄我!
In the blink of an eye 一眨眼之间
Old-school 老一套,老派
How to become a billionaire 如何成为亿万富翁
The good of gardening 园艺疗法益心养神
To make a mountain out of a molehill 小题大做
Like reality, only better? 喜欢现实, 只会更好?
Are you addicted to your phone? 你是不是玩手机上瘾了?
Are you a team player? 你是一名具有团队精神的人吗?
Lights! Camera! English! 灯光,摄像机,英语!
Off the hook 脱身
Brain training 如何训练大脑?
Would you let your baby sleep in a box? 你愿意让自己的宝宝在盒子里睡觉吗?
One good turn deserves another 以德报德,礼尚往来
Pain in the neck 令人讨厌的事情或人
The future of English 未来的英语语言变化
Wardrobe dilemma 面对衣橱的困惑
Until I'm blue in the face 任凭你磨破嘴皮
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |