We know you mean well and you're just trying to make us feel better, but there are some things single women just wish they didn't have to hear.
作为单身狗,虽然知道你是一片好心,你只是想安慰我们,但是有些话单身女性就是不愿意听到。
Stop saying things like...
不要再对她们说……
1. "Why are you still single?"
“你怎么还单着?”
Are you asking me to tell you a deep, hidden flaw that drives men away when they get to know me well enough? Are you asking me to retrace my steps through past relationships and find the mistake I made that thwarted a walk down the aisle? Or are you asking me this question because you think I've never asked it of myself?
你是不是想问我,我身上有什么深藏的隐秘缺陷,以至于对方一旦了解我,就会赶紧躲开?或者你是不是想让我回顾一遍我过去的恋爱史,找到自己曾经犯下的错误,搞清我是如何一步步走向单身的深渊的?或者你是不是认为,我从来没有问过自己这个问题,所以你才要来问问我?
2. "He's missing out."
“离开你是他的损失。”
This sentence has never made me feel better. Not even for a single second. I always want to say, "I don't care if he's missing out. I'm missing out right now."
这句话从来不曾安慰我。一秒钟也没有过。我常常想说,“我不在乎他有没有损失。我现在就感觉很失落。”
For now, I'm the one who no longer has a plus-one for the wedding next month or a date to the symphony or a vacation buddy or a dinner partner or someone to have intimate conversations with.
眼下我才是单身的那个人,下个月同事的婚礼上不再有家属可以带去,去听音乐会的时候没有同伴,去度假的时候没有同游者,去吃饭的时候也没有可以说体己话的人了。
3. "Your biological clock must be ticking."
“你的时间不多了。”
For the love of everything holy. I am neither a clock nor a time bomb. Anyhow,why is it any of your business?
天啊,上帝啊,娘亲啊,我要么是一个时钟,要么是一个定时炸弹,不过话说回来,我是什么东西管你什么事呢?
4. "You're too picky."
“你就是太挑了。”
This usually comes from people who don't know me well at all, have no idea what I'm looking for in a potential marriage partner and have never met anyone I've dated.
说这种话的人一般对我并不熟悉,也不知道我在一段通向婚姻的感情中想要的是什么,也没见过任何一位我的前任。
The fact that two people are both single do not make them perfect for each other. There are lots of other variables that factor into the equation.
两个人都单身并不意味着他们就是对方的完美情人,在这个等式中还有许许多多其他的不可控变量。
5. "You've gotta get out there more."
“你应该多出去走走。”
I have attended college, church, conferences, blind dates, speed-dating events and singles mixers. I've signed up for several online dating sites. I went on more first dates last year than most people will go on in a lifetime.
我上过大学,去过教堂,相过亲,甚至参与过闪速相亲和单身联谊会。我在好几个在线相亲网站上注册了会员。
Please don't imply (or explicitly state) that the reason I'm single is because I'm not trying hard enough.
请不要暗示(或者明示)我,我之所以还单身,是因为我还不够努力。
10个与时间有关的英语短语,让你的口语更地道!
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
技能培训助广西农民成功脱贫
体坛英语资讯:World Athletics confirm new dates for Oregon world championships 2022
把握戈多
体坛英语资讯:Antic got offers from China last year, Chinese media reports
英语中的双关语:这些笑点,你get到了吗?
My Idea of Coping with the Stress in Modern Life 在当代生活中应对压力的方法
什么是供给与需求模型?
体坛英语资讯:F1 official: 2020 season could be held behind closed doors
体坛英语资讯:Wuhan women footballers return to national team
生态环境部部长黄润秋回应环保关切
The Road to Success 通往成功的道路
悬崖边缘的汉语文化
口罩装上"机械嘴"吃饭时不用摘
全国人大常委会工作报告:今年将突出公共卫生领域立法
我想握着你的手
国际英语资讯:Africas confirmed COVID-19 cases surpass 115,000: Africa CDC
体坛英语资讯:Chinese clubs and players mourn the passing of Radmiro Antic
国际英语资讯:New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
My College Life 我的大学生活
生态环境部部长黄润秋回应环保关切
体坛英语资讯:China football coach Li expects to call up more naturalized players, media reports
体坛英语资讯:Kenyan Refugee Olympic athlete Nathike braves COVID-19
Before hand? 事先
现代人最重要的技能 The Most Important Skills for Modern People
体坛英语资讯:Ex-Chelsea midfielder Mikel mulling Botafogo move
最高人民检察院工作报告双语要点
Properly Discard 适当的舍弃
语如河
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |