A few years ago I had just gone through a long and difficult divorce.
几年前,我刚刚办完离婚手续,这是一个漫长而艰难的过程。
I was finally able to take my 9 month old daughter out (not just visit at mom's) with me and my 4 year old daughter.
我终于可以把9个月大的小女儿,还有4岁的大女孩带出家门去玩耍,而不仅仅是拜访一下。
Al beit for limited times.
可是这种出游的次数却有限制。
On my way home from work I had picked up the girls from daycare.
我在下班回家的路上,从幼儿园接回了两个女儿。
We stopped at the grocery story to grab something to cook for dinner.
我们走进一家杂货店,想要买些食材来做晚餐。
My time was limited, as they had to be returned to mom's in less than 2 hours.
我的时间有限,必须在两个小时之内,让她们回到前妻那里。
After grocery shopping, including a 4 year old bathroom break, we went to check out.
买完东西,又花了点时间等4岁的女儿去上厕所,我们准备去结账。
This had been a bit trying
没想到好事多磨
and I was stressed with the time crunch .
我感到时间紧迫,不由得十分焦急
It was after everything was rung up ($19)
每样东西都已经结清,总共19美元
that I discovered I had left my wallet at home that day.
这时我才发现,这天自己把钱包丢在家里了
After explaining to the clerk that I could not pay,
我只得向收银员解释,自己没法付款
we headed for the car to go home
然后我们走出杂货店,准备开车回家
and come up with a plan to beat the time crunch .
想办法补救一下流逝的时间
Half way to the car
我们快要走到车前,这时
and I hear a woman calling "sir, sir" from behind me.
我听到一位女士从我背后喊着“等等,先生!”
She had overheard us and offered to pay for our groceries.
她无意间听到了我们的对话,决定为我们支付食材的费用
After reminding myself to accept kindness as I like to give it,
通常情况下,我更愿意向他人表达善意,而不是接受,但我提醒过自己,也要懂得接受善意,所以,我收下了那位女士给我的钱
we were able to go home with food in hand
我和女儿们得以带着食材回到家里
and enjoy our family time together.
享受了一段美好的父女时光
My stress completely disappeared at that moment.
那个时候,我焦急的心情早已烟消云散
She said it was not a big deal, as she could afford to do it.
那时,那位女士还对我说,这只是举手之劳,既然她有帮助别人的能力,就应该帮助别人。
Ma'am, it was a HUGE deal!
可是我想说,不,女士,这绝非是举手之劳
I have since paid it forward at every opportunity
从那之后,我只要一有机会,就会向别人回馈那样的善意
and will continue to do so.
我也会一直这样做
为什么和闺蜜分手比离婚更难?
合适的才是最好的
国际英语资讯:Syrian army showcases Western-made weapons seized from rebels in Daraa
银幕情缘:这些明星情侣相识在片场
国内英语资讯:Economic Watch: Foreign investors show strong appetite for Chinese market
一周热词榜(6.23-29)
体坛英语资讯:Tunisia smashes Philippines 86-67 at FIBA World Cup
The Reasons to Fight For Future 奋斗的理由
国际英语资讯:4 police officers killed, 5 wounded in Paris knife attack
俄罗斯科学家研制出人参巧克力
体坛英语资讯:We didnt deserve to reach Round of 16, says German coach
这10个诡异的英语习语你知道吗?
国内英语资讯:Chinese, Guinean presidents exchange congratulations on 60th anniversary of diplomatic ties
体坛英语资讯:Spain beats Italy 67-60 to enter FIBA WC quarterfinal
子曰:英语里的孔子鸡汤,都不是我说的!
体坛英语资讯:Messi thrilled at Argentina victory
Crocodile tears?
Queen's taxpayer-funded costs up 13% in 2017-18 由纳税人买单的英女王花销去年增长13%
国际英语资讯:Putin, Duterte say ready to expand Russian-Philippine cooperation
如何礼貌而坚决地拒绝别人
18个美容行业不希望你知道的秘密
Run of the mill?
战胜懒惰的12大方法
比尔•盖茨将斥资400万美元培育转基因“杀手蚊”
爱焦虑的同学看过来:在命运为你安排的时区里,你很准时!
日本队赛后“清理”更衣室,就像没来过……
国际英语资讯:Death toll rises to 26 in Iraqs violent protests
国内英语资讯:MoU signed for China-Nepal Friendship Industrial Park in eastern Nepal
中国股市跌至熊市,金融体系面临挑战
体坛英语资讯:Poland advance into semifinal of European Womens Volleyball Championship
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |