Here's a story I collected from a total stranger.
这个故事是我从一个完全陌生的女士那儿听来的。
"Well, I was 11 when my family arrived at Fern lake overlook on Trail Ridge road in Rocky mountain national park.
“事情是这样的。当时我才11岁,和家人一起搬到了费恩湖畔的一所房子居住,在那里我们可以俯瞰落基山公家公园,还有纵贯山脊的径山脊公路。
It was so beautiful to look miles across the Rockies and thousands of feet below into the valley.
站在高处眺望连绵不绝的落基山脉,俯瞰数千英尺之下的小村庄,风景优美极了。
My parents were busy getting lunch out of the trunk so I climbed over the wooden fence to get closer to the cliff edge for a better view.
我的父母都忙着从搬家卡车里搬运食材,操持午饭。我一个人翻过木头栅栏,向山崖走去,想一睹更好的景致。
I started down a little hill but soon started sliding on loose pebble rocks.
我从一个小山坡上往下走,山坡上遍布滑溜溜的鹅卵石,我很快开始不由自主的往下滑。
I fell on my butt, but kept going faster and faster to what seemed the edge of the world (a 2,000 foot drop).
我一屁股跌坐到地上,下滑的速度越来越快,眼前似乎就是世界尽头(其实那是一个海拔2000英尺的悬崖)
In seconds I knew I was going to die.
我知道自己几秒钟之内就要死掉了。
My feet and legs went first over the edge at a high speed.
我的脚好双腿已经飞速跃过了悬崖。
Then suddenly I felt two hands push hard on my chest and stopped me dead.
突然,我感到两只手紧紧的箍住了我的胸口,我猛地停了下来。
My heart was racing and I slowly inched my body back to where I finally could make it back up the hill.
我的心脏狂跳不止,我一点一点的往回挪,直到我可以翻身站起,走回山坡上。
My father was waiting there and screaming at me for doing such a dangerous stunt .
我的父亲正在家门口等我,得知我的惊险经历,狠狠教训了我一顿。
I tried to tell him and my mom about the hands that saved my life, but to this day they don't believe me.
我告诉父亲和母亲,有一双陌生的手救了我的命,尽管费尽唇舌,可是直到今天,他们都不相信这是真的。
They thought I was just trying to get out of trouble with a made up story.
他们认为我只是编造了一个故事,好逃脱他们的教训。
We parted ways, but I assured her that I believed every word of her story.
陌生的女士说完她的故事,我们很快就分道扬镳了,临别前我告诉她,我对她的故事深信不疑。
That's why I always ask people to share their miracles.
这就是为什么,我经常请人们分享他们的故事。
Each real story makes my day.
每个故事都让我的一天充满了正能量。
国内英语资讯:Premier Li calls for more efforts to keep steady, healthy economic development
国际英语资讯:IMF to start selecting new leader as Lagarde formally submits resignation
《白雪公主与七个小矮人》精彩片段
这是杂技? 美国流行倒挂式瑜伽
少年管住嘴!哈佛研究称20岁前吃垃圾食品会永久损伤生殖能力
沙特女性内衣店开招女店员
社交网站培育出自恋的一代
英国疯狂露天音乐节 乐迷雨中起舞
国内英语资讯:MoU on China-Ireland STI cooperation signed in Dublin
《财富》评选科技界最聪明的五个人,马云入选
国内英语资讯:China highlights support to Xinjiang through pairing assistance
2019上半年CATTI口译二级真题(汉译英)第二篇
国际英语资讯:NYC officer in chokehold death of black man wont be charged
如何种植幸福?
体坛英语资讯:We will train like champions, says coach Marbury
纽约同性婚姻法生效 掀同性婚礼高潮
印尼:没钱看病就去卧轨
国际英语资讯:Russia to hold Navy Day parades
A Respectable Man 一个受人尊敬的人
体坛英语资讯:Cameroon tie Ghana 0-0 in AFCON Group E
中年发福非好事 或引发大脑萎缩
全球人均垃圾产量排行榜出炉 加拿大居首
真的吗? IE浏览器用户智商为80接近弱智
月光下,遇到了错的人!
体坛英语资讯:Dutch coach unsurprised about progress after reaching maiden World Cup semis
盘点喝绿茶的11个好处
体坛英语资讯:Netherlands head over Italy for their maiden World Cup semifinal
国内英语资讯:Xi Focus: Xi stresses people-centered development in Inner Mongolia inspection
国际英语资讯:Rising flood waters threatening 6 mln people across South Asia
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Von der Leyen becomes first female EU executive chief with narrow win
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |