I walked into a restaurant
我去一家酒店里的餐厅吃饭
and after going the menu, I ordered some food.
拿到菜单之后,我点了餐
After about 20 minutes a group of guys and ladies walked in
大概20分钟后,一群男男女女走进来,
and ordered theirs.
也点了餐
To my dismay, these folks got served first.
令我失望的是,服务员先送来了他们的食物
I watched as they began to eat and laugh heartily.
我看着他们开始吃饭,席间开怀大笑
I even overhead one of them bragging about how he's connected to everyone in the hotel
我甚至听到他们中的一个人吹嘘自己和酒店里每个人都很熟络
and I felt mocked.
我感到自己受到了嘲笑
I decided to leave.
我决定离开
Unable to take it anymore, I called the waiter.
忍无可忍,我叫了服务员
He calmly told me:
没想到服务员对我说
"Yours is a special order,
您下的菜单是一份特殊招待
being prepared by the head chef himself.
由厨师长本人烹饪
Their orders were prepared hurriedly by students on attachment
那些人的是由厨师长手下的学徒匆匆忙忙准备出来的
because the top chefs are busy with yours.
因为厨师长正忙着准备你的食物
That's why they were served first.
这就是他们的食物先上桌的原因
Please have some juice as you wait".
请您稍等一下,先喝杯果汁吧
I calmed down and waited patiently.
我冷静下来,耐心的等待着
Shortly after, my meal was served by 6 waiters.
没过多久,6个服务员齐齐上阵来伺候我吃饭
Unknown to me, the owner of the hotel
原来,我不知道的是,这家酒店的老板
(who happened to be an old long lost friend of mine)
(此人是我的老朋友,我们多年没有联系了)
saw me when I entered
我走进酒店的时候,正好看到了我
and decided to surprise me.
于是决定给我一个惊喜
She changed my simple meal to a five-star meal.
她为我把一顿简单的饭菜变成了一餐五星级的豪华宴席
The party at the other table were shocked.
旁边一桌的男男女女被震惊了
They couldn't stop staring.
他们眼睛一眨不眨的盯着我
Suddenly they were the ones murmuring ,
瞬间,他们变成了抱怨的一方
asking why they didn't get that kind of service and meal.
质问为什么他们没有享受到这么高级的服务,吃到这么豪华的食物
Such is life!
这不就是生活吗
Some people are ahead of you
有些人生活的步伐早于你
and are eating now,
他们已经在享受胜利的果实
laughing at you
他们嘲笑你
and talking about how they are smarter, wiser and better than you,
告诉你他们如何如何比你更聪明,比你更睿智,各方面都胜过你
how they are well connected , blessed, have money and are enjoying life.
告诉你他们如何如何人脉恒通,受到上天恩赐,有钱任性,享受着美满的生活
You are waiting tirelessly
而你还在承受着漫长的等待
wondering why it’s taking so long to breakthrough,
思考着为什么你想要获得成就,需要等待这么长的时间
You endure mockery and humiliation .
你忍受着旁人的嘲笑和羞辱
May be you've gone through depression or suffered severe mental anxiety.
也许你因此曾深陷抑郁,或者因为精神焦虑备受煎熬
Don't you worry!
请别担心!
Life has seen you
命运已经看到了你
and doesn't want you to be served a simple meal
不希望你获得的收获太过微薄
like those making a mockery of you.
就像那些嘲笑你的人所获得的一样
You're waiting long because yours is a special meal.
你之所以会等待这么久,是因为命运为你准备了一份特殊招待
It takes time to prepare.
需要花时间来准备这份招待
And only head chefs prepare them.
必须由厨师长亲自烹饪
Wait for your meal and relax.
所以,请放松一点,耐心等一等
When it comes that laughing party will be silenced for good.
当属于你的这份成就上桌的时候,那些嘲笑你的人会永远沉默下去
这些事情必须让孩子们独立完成
最有利于口气清新的食物
内塔尼亚胡:想毁灭以色列者自己将被毁灭
体坛英语资讯:Juan Sebastian Veron to head Argentina youth teams
2017-2017学年高一英语人教版必修三课时跟踪检测(9)Unit 5 Word版含解析
Planet Earth 2 desert(行星地球2沙漠伴剧)
体坛英语资讯:Fu, Selby reach quarterfinals at snooker worlds
河北省定州二中2016-2017学年高二4月月考英语试卷
关于时间管理,扎克伯格用26张图说清楚!
河北省定州二中2016-2017学年高一4月月考英语试卷
加拿大总理特鲁多在乔治·布朗学院的演讲
2017-2017学年高一英语人教版必修三课时跟踪检测(7)Unit 4 Word版含解析
2016年美国的人权纪录
2017-2017学年高一英语人教版必修三阶段仿真检测:Unit2 Word版含解析
国内英语资讯:China top insurance regulator alerts key risks
国内英语资讯:Draft law strengthens Chinas nuclear safety
无糖饮料没你想的健康 或增加中风痴呆风险
川普再次致电中日领导人讨论朝鲜问题
体坛英语资讯:Maradona: Argentina at risk of missing World Cup
体坛英语资讯:Nadal closer to 10th Monte-Carlo title
2017-2017学年高一英语人教版必修三课时跟踪检测(10)Unit 5 Word版含解析
体坛英语资讯:Ding edges Liang to reach last eight at snooker worlds
中国今年将大力加强食品安全监管
国内英语资讯:Top legislature mulls quota distribution for 13th NPC deputy election
天津市静海县第四中学2017-2017学年高一10月月考英语试题 Word版无答案
国内英语资讯:China, Egypt eye Belt and Road cooperation
体坛英语资讯:Brazilian clubs eye PSG winger Lucas Moura
2017-2017学年高一英语人教版必修三阶段仿真检测:Unit1 Word版含解析
国际英语资讯:Lawyer for United Airlines passenger signals law suit against airline
多久该洗一次澡
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |