My husband gave my 6 year old son a $10 bill.
丈夫把一张10美元的钞票交给了儿子。
This $10 bill went with my son everywhere, from one pair of jeans to another, one hoodie to the other.
这张钞票跟着他走到这儿走到那儿,从一条牛仔裤的口袋转移到另一条牛仔裤的口袋,从一件兜帽衫转移到另一件兜帽衫。
My son would even sleep soundly with the $10 bill under his head.
他把这张钞票放在枕头下面,似乎这样他就能睡得格外香甜。
You see, he was holding out to buy something special.
我明白,他想留着这张钞票,准备买点特别的东西。
One day my son and I go to the local grocery store where a man was singing carols and ringing a bell.
一天,我带他去附近的杂货店。我们看到一个男人,他一边唱着圣诞颂歌,一边摇着铃铛。
My son asks me "what is he doing?"
儿子问我,“他在做什么?”
I told my son "he's singing to get our attention in hopes of collecting money for the poor or for children who don't have toys."
我告诉他,“他想通过唱歌来吸引路人的注意,这样他就能为穷人,或者为没有玩具的孩子们筹集善款了。”
I proceeded to keep walking but my son wasn't next to me.
我继续向前走,儿子却不在我旁边了。
I turned around to see his little hand digging in his pocket, pulling out his $10 bill.
我转身发现他把小手伸进了口袋,拿出了那张10美元的钞票。
He slides the bill into the slot, says Merry Christmas and walks over to me.
他把钞票塞进了捐赠箱里,对那个男人说“圣诞快乐”,然后走回我身边来。
I said "you made mommy very happy."
我对他说,“你让妈妈非常开心!”
He told me "I heard a voice say go, give him the money."
他对我说,“我听到一个声音对我说,去吧,把你的钱给他。”
Then he says "I heard another voice say "no, keep the money, you want a toy."
接着他又说,“我听到另一个声音说,‘不,别给他,你不是想买个玩具的吗?’”
I told my son "you listened to the right voice……” He looks up at me with his hands in the air and asks "but who are they"
我告诉他,“你按照第一个声音告诉你的做了。你做得对。”他扬起脸看着我,两手一摊,“可是,那是谁发出的声音呢?”
I laughed and said "they're you."
我笑了,对他说,“是你的心在对你说话呀!”
国际英语资讯:AU urges Zimbabwe to address political crisis lawfully
体坛英语资讯:Sigurdur from Iceland to coach Chinese natinoal womens soccer team
国际英语资讯:Greek PM declares national mourning as flash floods death toll rises to 15
国内英语资讯:Xis APEC attendance, state visits chart new course for Chinas major-country diplomacy in
霉霉新专辑写信给粉丝:人们把快乐建立在我的痛苦之上
国际英语资讯:925,000 suspected cholera cases in Yemen as supplies run out: UN
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Turkeys expectations frustrated by U.S.-Russian deal on Syria: analysts
与争鸣教授争鸣:再谈古诗词翻译
体坛英语资讯:Dimitrov labors past Thiem at ATP Finals
英国游客在威尼斯被宰 天价午餐花掉近500欧
泪目!意大利足球队60年来首度无缘世界杯
国际英语资讯:Death toll rises to 6 in Tehama shooting after gunmans wife found killed
中国将派遣特使出访朝鲜
体坛英语资讯:Federer powers past Zverev to reach last four at ATP Finals
一名朝鲜军人投奔韩国身受重伤
体坛英语资讯:Guangdong suffers 1st loss, Shanghai sinks Xinjiang
国际英语资讯:Philippines committed to building strong, resilient ASEAN: Duterte
国内英语资讯:Economic Watch: A Chinese manufacturers bittersweet bite of innovation
国内英语资讯:China launches new meteorological satellite
国内英语资讯:Vice Premier stresses reform, innovation to revive NE industrial base
国内英语资讯:Macao to enhance disaster prevention, relief work next year: chief executive
国际英语资讯:Five killed in shooting near school in north California
津巴布韦军方否认军事接管政府
国内英语资讯:Top Chinese climate envoy stresses south-south cooperation at COP23
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: China, Philippines agree to enhance positive momentum in ties
体坛英语资讯:Dalic set to continue coaching Croatia at 2018 World Cup
国际英语资讯:Mays Brexit deadline will be challenged by her own MPs
霉霉要开始Reputation巡演了!粉丝们可以买票了
外国“富二代”流行学中文 学汉语从娃娃抓起
国内英语资讯:Belt and Road Initiative vital to boost ASEANs connectivity: Cambodian official
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |