Whoosh!
呼!
A snowball zoomed past my head.
一只雪球从我的脑袋旁边飞过
I bent over a snowdrift
我弯腰探身向一个雪堆
and packed one myself
自己也用最快的速度攒了一个雪球
to throw back as quickly as I could.
准备扔出去
I stood up and took aim.
我站起身,选定了目标
Wham!
呼!
Another snowball crashed into my skull
另一个雪球砸到我的脑壳上
sending me stumbling into the snowdrift.
我脚下踉跄,一下子跌进了雪堆里
I could feel my feet slipping on the ice beneath them
我感觉自己的双脚踩在积雪下面的冰层上,脚底一滑
and suddenly found myself buried face first in the wet, heavy snow.
接着,我就脸朝下跌入了又湿又冷的厚厚积雪中
It was a mid-winter's day.
那天正好是仲冬节
My Mom had ordered me and my two brothers outside
母亲把我和两个哥哥赶到屋外
so she could get a little housework done.
这样她才能好好做点家务活儿
My brothers were seven and five years older than me
我的哥哥们,一个比我大七岁,一个比我大五岁
and much bigger as well.
他们的身形也比我大得多
Still, it was I who decided to start the snowball fight.
可是,决定要打一场雪仗的人却是完全
I hit one of them when they weren't looking
我趁他们不注意的时候,砸中了一个哥哥
and soon we were all making and throwing snowballs as fast as we could.
很快,我们都开始做雪球,扔雪球,而且是尽自己最快的速度
It was every boy for himself.
三个男孩都要竭力自保。
Being little helped me avoid the first dozen or so snowballs that came my way
由于身体矮小,我顺利躲开了开战后第一批朝我飞来的雪球。
until the one that caught me in the back of the head
直到一个雪球砸中了我的后脑勺
and sent me sliding into the two foot deep snowdrift.
让我失足滑进了两英尺深的雪堆里
I felt two hands grasp my shoulders
我感到两只手抓住我的肩膀
as my oldest brother lifted me out safely.
我的大哥哥把我安全的从雪堆里拖了出来
I laughed as I dusted the snow off.
我一边大笑一边掸去了身上的积雪
Later Mom called us back inside for a lunch of hot, chicken soup.
接着妈妈就喊我们回家吃午饭了,一锅热气腾腾,喷香扑鼻 的鸡汤在等着我们。
I sipped it slowly
我一小口,一小口的喝着鸡汤
and then sat near the old, wood stove in our living room
然后坐到客厅里那个老旧的木质火炉旁
and let the warmth quickly dry my damp socks and jeans.
让热烘烘的暖气迅速烘干我潮湿的袜子和牛仔裤
It felt so nice.
感觉温暖又舒服
I couldn't describe the feeling back then
那个时候我还不知道如何形容那种感觉
but I know now that it was pure happiness.
但现在我明白,那就是最纯粹的幸福的滋味
In those innocent days of childhood
在那些童年的单纯日子里
there was no regret for the past
没有悔不当初
or worry for the future.
也没有前途渺茫
Each moment could be enjoyed.
每个时刻都能被尽情享受
Each day could be filled with fun, laughter, and love.
每一天都充满欢乐,笑声和爱
I think that we all need to recapture that feeling in our lives.
我想,在我们的身后中,我们都需要找回那样的感觉
We need to live with childlike joy while keeping our adult wisdom .
保有成人的智慧的同时,我们也需要重拾童年的欢乐
We need to throw a few snowballs
我们要扔几个雪球
and sip a few bowls of soup afterwards.
然后喝几口鸡汤
We need to trust in our lives
我们要相信自己的生活
and share our love with others as well.
并且将爱心与周围的人分享
Life here is too brief not to enjoy all of its precious moments.
生命太过短暂,每个时刻都弥足珍贵,应该被好好珍惜
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题一
2013年6月英语四级听力全真模拟题五
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题五
名师英语四级听力考试常见小词
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题十五
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题三
2007年英语四级预测试卷标准听力二section B
英语新四级听力改革分析和高分必知技巧
2013年6月英语四级听力全真模拟题七
2013年6月英语四级A卷听力答案
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题十四
12月英语四级听力考试的短对话必考题型解密
名师点津新大学英语四级考试听力的应对策略
2013年6月英语四级听力全真模拟题一
2013年6月英语四级听力的对话十大场景揭秘
四级听力10天巧突破
2013年12月英语四级听力的模拟试题
2008年12月四级听力模拟试题六
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题七
临阵磨枪英语四级考试听力10天巧突破
英语周报12月英语四级考试听力的模拟试题十一
专家分析英语四级听力和托福听力比较
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题十六
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题九
2013年12月四级听力模拟试题十二
2013年大学英语四级考试巅峰听力第三期
203年6月英语四级听力全真模拟题四
2013年6月英语四级听力全真模拟题二
大学英语四级词汇听力必备常见资讯词汇
2013年6月英语四级听力全真模拟题六
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |