I woke up with drool on my pillow this morning.
早上醒来时,我发现枕头上有一滩口水
I wouldn't have minded except it wasn't mine.
或许我不应该介意,可是那不是我的口水
The alarm clock rang,
闹钟响了起来
I reached over to turn it off,
我探身过去关掉了它
and then as I laid my face back down on the pillow
接着躺回床上,脸埋进枕头里
I felt the wet, slimy drool on my pillow case.
我感到枕头上又湿又粘的口水已经流到了脸上
I opened my eyes
我睁开眼睛
and saw a smiling, panting, furry face gazing down at me.
看到一张毛乎乎的脸盯着我微笑,嘴巴直喘气
I tried to get up but she was too fast.
我想要坐起身,可是她动作太快了
My face was suddenly covered in kisses
我的脸突然被一阵亲亲湮没
with one slurp going straight up my nostril
其中一吻,它的舌头径直戳到了我的鼻孔里
and another right in my ear.
还有一吻,舌头舔到了我的耳朵里
I laughed, reached out,
我大笑起来,伸手去抚摸它
picked up the 8 pound love machine
把这只8磅重的激情动物抱住
and held her away from my dripping face.
让她碰不到我湿漉漉的脸
It was just another morning in a life with dogs.
这只是养狗人士的一个寻常的早晨
Why do we welcome these guys
为什么我们要欢迎这些动物
into our homes and into our hearts?
住进我们的家里,走进我们的心里?
We know going in that
我们知道,一日狗党,终身狗党
we are most likely going to outlive them
他们很有可能在我们之前死去
and have our hearts broke
让我们心碎
But thousands of years now dogs have been our best friends.
可是早在数千年以前,狗狗就已经成为人类的好朋友了
They remain one of the greatest gifts ever given to us.
他们是我们被赐予的最好的礼物之一
And even if they can't love us for the rest of our lives,
即使他们对我们的爱无法延续到我们生命的最后一天
they will always love us for all of theirs.
却会贯穿他们一生的每一天
I think one of the hardest things for me to do
对我来说,最艰难的事情之一
was take my little Jamie to her first few days of day care/preschool.
就是带我的小Jamie去狗狗幼育中心的最初那几天
It was a heart melting thing that no parent can do easily.
那真是一件令人心碎的事情,没有那个狗狗家长能够轻易办到
The first day we pulled into the parking lot
第一天,我们刚在停车场停好车
and when I looked at Jamie
我看着Jamie
she starts to cry then I start to cry.
她哭了起来,接着我也哭了起来
After a couple days of cutting school
我们不得不旷课了几天
we were both determined to succeed the next week.
但我们都下定决心,在下个星期,一定要成功适应
We drive over about 6 times that weekend
那个周末,我们来来回回去了六趟幼育中心
and on the last one I had an idea.
对最后一趟行程的窘境一无所知
There was a big muddy lot next to the day care.
原来,幼育中心旁边的停车场里满是泥浆
Monday morning comes and we were ready.
周一早上来临,我们已经准备好了
All proud and confident we head to The Day care.
我们开车前往幼育中心,心里满满的骄傲和自信
I noticed a bunch of parents staring at us
我发现一群狗狗家长盯着我们
and there must have been 20 little noses pressed against the classroom windows.
起码有20只小小的鼻子抵在教室的窗户上看着我们
We were little celebrities.
我们俨然是小明星
As I am leaving
当我准备离开的时候,
I crank it up and say I love you James
我装作开心的大声说,我爱你Jamie
have fun today
玩得开心!
and all the kids wave bye to me.
中心所有的小狗狗都向我摇尾告别
No tears no tears no tears.
别哭,别哭,别哭!
Jamie was the only child that didn't cry that week.
Jamie是那个星期唯一一只没有哭的小狗
When the day came to remove her from D/C
当我们告别幼育中心的那一天到来的时候
I was told by most the staff that
几乎所有的员工都对我说
Jamie was a well behaved inspiration to all the other kids
Jamie一直表现的很好,是其他狗狗们的榜样
and will be greatly missed for the rest of the year.
它离开之后,大家都会非常想念它
The way I see it is that
这件事情给我的启示是
make sure you have your share of fun in life
在生活中一定要有自己的乐趣
cause you're darn sure to have your share of the other
因为,毫无疑问,你的生活中也会有痛苦
and try never to be afraid to do things your way.
走自己的路,永远不要胆怯
专家预测:针对新冠疫情的隔离措施可能要持续到2022年
女性出轨的五大现实理由
华盛顿非法移民或将获大学助学金资格
研究:过度烦恼可引发炎症
日本成功分离可燃冰 或化解能源危机
服用避孕药的女性更喜欢阴柔男
疫情期间车流减少 德国城市扩充自行车道
体坛英语资讯:Man Utd to face Austrian LASK in Europa last 16
体坛英语资讯:Ghanas Black Queens to participate in Turkish Womens Cup
李克强总理首秀:自信坚定敢承担
澳推出2013世界最好工作 数万人争夺
每日一词∣无症状感染者 asymptomatic coronavirus carriers
2013两会代表精彩语录之五(双语)
宜家蛋糕大肠菌超标 从23国召回
印度发明防强奸内衣 配全球定位系统
晚上起床尿尿会降低白天工作效率
如何与伴侣一起愉快地在家办公?专家给你支招
卡梅伦警告议员少在网上发牢骚
体坛英语资讯:Concussion substitutes to be used in trials agreed by IFAB
硅谷机器人聚会-与机器人并肩生活
“话唠”用英语怎么说?
体坛英语资讯:Britain edges out Australia in Sydney SailGP
为了13亿人的中国梦--记中国国家主席、中央军委主席习近平[1]-记中国国家主席、中央军委主席习近平
2013两会代表精彩语录之四(双语)
英三成家庭解体源起“夜哭郎”
解除或放松疫情限制措施需考虑这6项标准
研究:宝宝出生让新爸爸感觉更有魅力
金砖国家领导人第五次会晤德班宣言(中英对照)[1]
南非近三成在校女生携艾滋病毒
霍金: 不逃离地球 人类难以再活1000年
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |