It was a day in late December.
那是十二月末的一天
The Christmas tree had been taken down.
圣诞树已经从街头搬走
The lights and decorations had been boxed up
彩灯和装饰物收回了盒子
and put in the closet
放回橱柜里
until next year.
等着明年再取出来
And I was feeling a little blue.
我感到有些沉郁
I sure wasn’t looking forward to the long, cold, dark Winter to come.
对于即将到来的漫长,严寒,黑暗的冬天,我没有多少向往
I had always been a light lover on the inside.
在我的内心,我一直喜欢光明
I tried to take comfort
我试着安慰自己
in knowing that
因为我知道
a few more minutes of daylight was being added each day,
每一天,日照的时长都会比昨天多一点
but I still felt tired
但我仍感到疲乏
and run down.
似乎已经被掏空了
I was both surprised and delighted then
没想到一件事情让我感到既惊喜又振奋
when I looked out my window
那时,我从窗口看出去
and saw that a Spring like day had suddenly arrived.
发现一个像春天一样暖和的日子刚刚到来了
The temperatures quickly soared into the sixties
温度很快升到了华氏60°
and the sun was shining down on the earth
阳光普照大地
with a loving light.
温暖人心
I could hear the neighborhood children outside playing in the warm air.
天气暖和了,我能听到邻居家的孩子在外面玩耍
I smiled when I saw them
看到他们时,我报以微笑
and my inner child longed to be out there
我内心的小孩也渴望着出门去
riding bikes
去骑自行车
and playing games as well.
去玩游戏
I leashed my dogs
我给几条狗栓了狗绳
for their afternoon walk
准备下午带他们去散步
hoping to enjoy some of the sunshine myself.
希望自己也能享受一些阳光
As I was about to head out the door, however,
可是,当我正准备出门的时候
I decided to do something a little different.
我决定做一点不一样的事情
I reached down
我蹲下身
and pulled my shoes and socks off.
把自己的鞋子和袜子脱了下来
I hadn’t been barefoot outside since the Summer.
夏天结束以后,我就没有光着脚出门过了
I slowly stepped out
我慢慢的迈步出门
on the cool, damp grass.
踩在冰凉,湿漉漉的草地上
It felt so alive under my feet.
它们在我脚下,是那样鲜活
I laughed as I walked along.
我一边走一边笑
I remembered something I once read too
想起自己曾读到过的一句话:
“Walk as if you were kissing the earth with your feet.”
在大地上行走,如同你在用脚掌亲吻大地
And with each step I did so.
每踩出一步,我心中都是这样想
My walk felt sacred and holy.
我感到自己的步子有种圣洁而神圣的意味
I felt a oneness with the world
我感到自己与世界合为一体
and the love of nature all around me.
感到大自然的爱萦绕在自己周身
With love in my heart
我心中充满了爱
I thanked nature for the gift of this day
我感谢大自然将今天这个礼物送给众人
and no longer dreaded the Winter to come.
再也不畏惧冬天的到来
All of us are walking through this life.
我们每个人都在穿越自己的人生之路
But it is up to each of us how we do so.
但应该怎么走,却是由各人做主
Are you going to stumble and stomp
你会磕磕绊绊,步履沉重
and complain with each step you take?
每迈出一步就抱怨一句吗
Or
抑或
are you going to kiss the earth with your feet
你选择用脚掌亲吻大地
and nature with your heart?
用心灵亲吻大自然?
The choice is yours.
选择权在你自己手中
巧用词根记忆
体坛英语资讯:Ding Ning wins third womens singles title, Chinese duo crowned mens doubles champion
体坛英语资讯:Iran tops Asian futsal team in AMF rankings
英语四级词汇语法讲义第三部分
Sky Watch
我的新生活 My New Life
变形金刚续集《大黄蜂》有重量级导演加入
体坛英语资讯:AC Milan target Thiago Maia ready for Santos exit
体坛英语资讯:Two-time winner Zhang suffers shock exit, Ding to meet Japanese history maker Hirano
NASA朝太阳发射了一艘飞船,没毛病
国内英语资讯:China condemns London terrorist attacks
英语六级读故事记单词二十
大学英语四六级高频短语集锦二
生日派对 Birthday Party
英语六级读故事记单词二十五
欧盟要建免费Wi-fi,这还有没有王法了?
国内英语资讯:Chinas FTC-2000 aircraft export-version rolls off production line
体坛英语资讯:Ding ends Hiranos winning run to secure womens singles title for China
体坛英语资讯:Mexicos Veracruz eyeing Argentina striker Pratto
国际英语资讯:U.S. committed to de-escalating tensions after gulf rift: White House
英语六级读故事记单词三十
体坛英语资讯:Murray, Wawrinka into French Open last 16 through a rain-spoiled matchday
透过幽默学词汇记四级单词有妙招十
国内英语资讯:Chinese submersible Jiaolong completes 2nd dive in Yap Trench
《神奇女侠》创了世界纪录,女性导演的春天
英语四级词汇精练题
新大学英语四级考试词汇真题大汇集二
国际英语资讯:Algerian FM stresses coordination of regional countries to tackle common challenges
国内英语资讯:CPC stresses internal supervision, inspection
大学英语四级词汇真题大汇集
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |