Does getting up at the crack of dawn really hold the key to success? I decided to try it and set my alarm for 5am for a week. Here are seven things I learned:
破晓时刻早早起床就能打开成功之门?我决定实验一下这个说法,在一周的时间里都把自己的闹钟设在早上5点钟。我有如下7点体会。

1. You suddenly have time to exercise
突然你有时间锻炼了
As someone who always prioritises her social life over her fitness, I’d for a long time told myself I didn’t have time for exercise. It turns out that when you get up four hours before you have to be at work, there’s so much time to fill you’d be silly not to get moving.
作为一个永远重视社交、轻视健康状况的人,长期以来我一直告诉自己我没时间去锻炼。后来我发现,当你在上班时间之前四小时起床的时候,你获得了非常充裕的时间,不去动一下就太蠢了。
2. You’ll feel smug
你会觉得有优越感
Exercising in my living room at 6am, whilst not only my flatmates but the majority of people everywhere were still asleep, felt kind of awesome.
早晨6点,当我的室友,以及周围大多数的人都还在睡梦中时,我已经在起居室里锻炼了,感觉自己棒棒哒!
3. You’re hungrier all day
你一整天都会更加饥饿
One of the nicer parts of getting up earlier was having the time to cook myself nice breakfasts at home. But being awake longer and eating breakfast earlier seemed to mean I was hungrier all day long.
早起的一大好处就是,我有时间在家给自己做一份丰盛的早餐。吃早餐的时间提前了,这就意味着一整天我都感到更加饥饿。
4. You have to cut short your social plans in the evening
你不得不把晚上的社交时间缩短
On an average day when I’d be getting up at my usual time of 7.15am, I’d go to bed around midnight. But if I had to get up at 5am, there was no way I could stay up that late.
平时我一般7点15起床,12点左右开始睡觉。但是如果我5点起床,就不可能熬夜到那个时间了。
5. You’ll look better
你的状态更好
I spent my mornings curling my hair, painting my nails and doing smokey eye makeup and was a little overwhelmed by the lovely comments on my “glowing complexion” and “glorious hair.” My poor colleagues have had to go back to my regular look now.
我用早上的时间做发型,擦指甲油,画烟熏妆,大家对我“透亮的肤色”,“靓丽的指甲”赞不绝口,这些赞美让我非常精细。我可怜的同事们现在都回到我平时的样子了。
6. You hit a wall
你有点力不从心
On the first couple of days of my week as an early-riser, I didn’t even feel tired.
在早起这一周的头几天,我根本没觉得累。
And as the week wore on, the novelty wore off. By day five, I did not want to get up and was feeling really tired. When my friend cancelled our dinner plans for that evening, I was secretly thrilled that I could go home and go to bed. Which is most unlike me. The week felt so long.
随着时间一天天过去,新鲜感逐渐消退,到第五天的时候,我完全不想起床,感到疲惫极了。我的朋友取消了我们的晚餐之约,对此我暗中十分兴庆,想着我可以回家睡觉了。这太不像平时的我了。
7. You’ll be more efficient at work
你工作起来更有效率
Incredibly, I actually achieved more at work than usual and was surprisingly productive. I genuinely felt energised throughout most of the working day all week long. I was more focussed too.
难以置信的是,我能够比平时完成更多的工作,效率也出乎意料的高。在这一周中,我真切的感觉到自己几乎一整天都能量满满。我的注意力也更集中了。
Perhaps being productive first thing in the morning before you get to work does in fact make you more productive for the rest of the day.
在早晨一天的工作开始之前就让自己保持高效率,或许这样确实能让你一整天都效率更高。
国际英语资讯:Tunisian PM-designate unveils final lineup of new govt
国际英语资讯:Pentagons policy chief resigns at Trumps request
国际英语资讯:Mexican president says foreign investors keen to boost stake in wake of trade deal
体坛英语资讯:Madrid reaches Spanish Super Cup final by beating Valencia 3-1
世卫总干事谭德塞:此时,需要理性,而非谣言
国际英语资讯:Leaders from over 160 countries express support for Chinas efforts to defeat COVID-19: dip
国际英语资讯:Syria voices solidarity with China in fighting new coronavirus
虚拟锻炼伙伴助你保持健身动力
体坛英语资讯:PSG crush Saint-Etienne 6-1 to reach League Cup semis
Adapt College Life 适应大学生活
体坛英语资讯:China striker Zhang Yuning ruled out of AFC U-23 Championship with foot injury
国内英语资讯:China, Vietnam vow to promote ties, jointly advance Lancang-Mekong cooperation
国际英语资讯:German govt passes law against right-wing extremism, hate crime on internet
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor meets ASEAN secretary-general, Philippine, Singapore FMs on coronavi
体坛英语资讯:2021 Club World Cup opening and final time to be approved by FIFA Council
Death Penalty Should Exist 支持不废除死刑
国内英语资讯:China capable of, confident in winning battle against COVID-19: state councilor
国际英语资讯:Realizing Syrians dream for peace still has long way to go: UN envoy
研究:早餐吃饱、晚餐吃少有助减肥
国内英语资讯:75 pct of companies confident in prospects for Chinese economy: report
Lonliness 寂寞
国内英语资讯:Xi says China-S.Korea friendship to deepen after COVID-19 battle victory
体坛英语资讯:Interview: Wushus Youth Olympic debut an important step of world recognition, says Secreta
体坛英语资讯:S. Korea snatch last-gasp winner to beat China at Tokyo 2020 qualifier
让外国人摸不着头脑的12个美国短语(下)
世卫组织澄清13个关于新冠病毒的虚假传言
威廉王子坐经济舱 被赞“很棒很谦逊”
国内英语资讯:WHO-led team in China to travel to Wuhan on Saturday
国内英语资讯:Senior official stresses comprehensive management in curbing COVID-19 epidemic
My View on Fake Diploma(一) 假文凭之我见(一)
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |