
1. Don't touch Her Maj.
1. 不要碰女王陛下
This rule dates back to Medieval times, when, as historian Kate Williams puts it, "monarchs were divinely appointed to rule by God, so they were kind of seen as gods, so they demanded to be treated as gods."
这一规矩起源于中世纪时期,历史学家凯特•威廉姆斯说,“王室是受了上帝的神圣指派来统治(世界)的,因此,他们从某种程度上就被看做上帝。”
2. Don't show up empty handed
2. 见女王不要两手空空
What do you get the woman who already has everything? Sure, the Queen has several homes full of priceless trinkets, but bringing a gift is a must, E! Online reports.
对于已经什么都不会缺的女王来说,你需要送点什么呢?E! Online报道称,虽然女王拥有许许多多无价的饰品,但是见女王还是必须得带礼物。
This gift must also be appropriate to the occasion. So if she's paying a visit to your hometown or country, something which reflects local culture might go down better than W.H. Smith's vouchers.
礼物必须适合见面的场合。如果女王来参观你的家乡或国家,你用代表当地文化的东西作为礼物比W.H. Smith的优惠券合适多了。
3. Stand to attention
3. 立正
You may be dead on your heavily-bunioned feet - but you should always stand when the Queen enters the room.
可能你的脚已经站到肿痛,但是女王入场时必须得起身。
You may only sit once she's nice and comfy, so keep a close eye on when the Queen sits down herself.
当女王入座时你才可以坐下,所以仔细留意女王是否就座。
4. Don't just twiddle your thumbs
4. 不要只是杵在那玩大拇指
When the Queen is making a beeline for you, or when you're next in the line to meet her, it's important you either bow or curtsy (depending on whether you're a woman or a man).
当女王径直走向你,或者你站在见女王的队列中时,鞠躬或行屈膝礼非常重要(行什么礼取决于你是男是女)。
5. Don't ignore the dress code
5. 不要忽视穿衣规范
Regardless of how late you're running or how tempting it is to stay in your onesie and slanket combo, make sure you dress accordingly when meeting HRH.
不管已经迟了多久,也不管你对自己的连体衣和斗篷多执着,一定确保见女王时着装得体。
If the event is black tie, wear black tie.
如果宴会要求戴黑领带,那么就戴黑领带。
6. Resist the temptation to refer to her by her first name
6. 不要直呼女王的名字
Or, heaven forbid, by a NICKNAME.
千万千万不要提起绰号
While the Royal family may be extremely familiar to us, and while we may have our own nicknames for them, us common folk still aren't on a first name basis with them.
虽然我们非常熟悉王室成员,也给各个王室成员起了绰号,但我们这些平民还是不可以直呼王室成员的名字。
So, when you first meet the Queen she should be addressed as "Your Majesty" and "Ma'am" consequently after.
所以当你见女王时,你需要称呼她“女王陛下”,然后可以称呼“夫人”。
When she leaves, however, you must address her as "Your Majesty" once again.
但当女王离开时,你必须再次称呼她“女王陛下”。
7. Only speak if the Queen speaks to you
7. 女王对你讲话你才可以开口
Remember when you were a small child and all your elders would drop wisdom such as "don't speak unless spoken to first" and "children should be seen and not heard"?
你记得小时候大人总会对你说“别人没和你说话前不要讲话”,“大人在说话,小孩别插嘴”这样的话吗?
The same applies to meeting the Queen.
见女王时也要这样。
This rule exists so Her Royal Highness can control every aspect of the conversation - including exiting it swiftly.
这个规矩使得女王陛下能够掌控谈话——包括迅速结束谈话。
8. Don't eat before she does
8. 女王吃你再吃
No matter how tasty and tempting the banquet morsels spread in front you look, you can only start eating once the Queen does.
在宴会上不管你面前的食物看起来多美味诱人,你都得等女王开始吃你才可以吃。
So perhaps have a quick snack beforehand, in case any speeches go on for a long time.
所以最好在宴会前吃点小点心,以防宴会上的发言时间太久。
Oh, and if she has finished eating, you better be full too.
还有,如果女王吃完了,最好你也吃好了。
Health tourism and wind farms 海外访客使用英国医疗系统需缴费,风力发电厂
奥黛丽·赫本1989年在联合国的演讲:为了孩子们
Rolling in it 财源滚滚,腰缠万贯
英语四级作文范文:大学生兼职
Exit poll?
英语六级作文范文:出国留学
英语四级作文预测范文:独生子女与二胎
世界最健康的驴奶酪 每公斤售880英镑
五城市启动新能源汽车号牌试点
四六级8大主题翻译关键词
国内英语资讯:Feature: Two young foreigners growing paths changed with Chinese investment
《美国队长3:内战》电影精讲
想参加特朗普就职典礼?最低
伊万卡·特朗普在特朗普国际酒店开业典礼上的演讲
Compulsory, mandatory 与 compulsive 三个单词的区别
'China's Obama' says easier to mimic Trump
早餐吃冰淇淋让你变聪明?
NASA重金征集'太空排泄'方案
中国“二十四节气”正式列入联合国非遗名录
西班牙罗宾汉餐厅'劫富济贫'
《夏洛特的网》第十章
网友调侃特朗普遭妻子“嫌弃” 梅兰妮亚竟手滑点赞
英国菲利普亲王退休 女王丈夫毒舌语录盘点
Parkinson's disease 'may start in gut' 帕金森病可能源于肠胃系统
Rust belt?
体坛英语资讯:Neymar ordered to stand trial over Barcelona move
暖心小说《小王子》第24章
国务院印发《“十三五”脱贫攻坚规划》
健康:在英国药店买药时的常用词语
Hold court?
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |