I woke up in a bad mood this morning.
今天早上我起床时情绪不佳
I'd had a fitful night's sleep
昨晚我睡得断断续续
and my bad back was sorer and tighter than ever.
我的背比任何时候都酸痛僵硬
My shoulder was starting to feel just as sore too.
我的肩膀也同样开始疼起来
I tried to stretch them out
我试着伸展肩膀
to no avail
却无法完成这个动作
and stumbled into the bathroom.
歪歪扭扭的走到浴室里
I looked in the mirror
我看着镜子
and saw the pain on my face.
看到自己脸上写满了痛苦
I certainly wasn't looking any younger either.
当然,我也看上去更加苍老了
My hair was now mostly gray
我的头发如今差不多全白了
and mostly gone on top.
顶上都快秃了
I was getting more and more age spots on my face.
我脸上的老年斑越来越多
My wrinkles were deeper than ever.
我的皱纹也从没有这样深过
The enamel was worn out on my teeth.
我的陶瓷牙在慢慢褪去
I'd recently had to get a stronger pair of glasses.
最近我还得去配一副度数更高的老化眼镜
My skin was thinner.
我的皮肤也越来越薄
My toenails were thicker.
指甲越来越厚
I griped to myself about it all.
我把这些统统用在对自己发牢骚上了
"Why do our bodies start to wear out
为什么我们的身体会开始衰老
just when we finally learn how to live?"
恰恰在我们刚刚学会应该如何生活的时候
I asked.
我问自己
Life in its infinite patience and unconditional love answered me quite quickly.
生活以它无限的耐心和无条件的爱很快就回答了我的问题
Suddenly,
突然
I felt this thought drop into my mind,
我感到一个想法落入心间
"The car you drive isn't as important as the person behind the wheel!"
“你开着怎样的车并不像驾驶室里的人那样重要!”
I smiled at that
我听了会心一笑
because I'd had so many old, used cars in my life.
因为在我的生活中,我曾有过许多老旧,不听使唤的车
They all had "personality".
它们都很有“个性”
They all had quirks, troubles, and problems.
它们都有怪癖,有自己的困难和问题
They all required patience and repair.
它们都需要耐心和维修
But they always got me where I was going.
但它们总能把我带到我要去的地方
Now that
现在
my body was starting to wear down,
我的身体也开始衰落
rattle,
生锈
and backfire
回火
Life was reminding me that
但生活正提醒我
I wasn't that body.
这身体并不是我的全部
I was the driver inside of it.
我是它内部的驾驶员
I was the bright, shining soul within.
我是它内部智慧,闪光的灵魂
I was the spirit
我是那股精神
that was both ageless and eternal.
永葆青春,永远存在
And while my car wasn't going to last forever,
尽管身体这辆旧车不会永远存在
the driver was.
驾驶员却可以
Take good care of this body you drive around then.
所以,请好好保养你代步的这辆“车”吧
Nurture it.
滋养它
Keep it in good repair.
定期维护让它状态良好
Make it last as long as you can.
尽力让它维持的久一些
But always remember it isn't you.
但始终记住,它并不是全部的 “你”
You are the person behind the wheel.
你是驾驶室里的那个驾驶员
You are the loving soul within.
你是内部那个心怀爱意的灵魂
国内英语资讯:Construction of new high-speed railway starts in east China
离婚了还有
2017全国美食消费报告出炉,大家最爱吃这个菜!
体坛英语资讯:Barca fight back to reach halfway point of the season unbeaten in Spain
国际英语资讯:Japans Abe seeks support for EPA trade deal with EU via bustling Eastern Europe visit
小红莓乐队主唱桃乐丝去世 你一定听过她的歌
国内英语资讯:Chinas armed forces to set up full-time inspection teams
国际英语资讯:UN chief concerned about possible U.S. cut in aid for Palestinian refugee agency
医生警告:把喷嚏憋回去 可能引发身体损伤
为爱豆的恋情买保险?官方:这些险种不合法
津巴布韦将举行后穆加贝时期首次大选
An Important Teacher 一位重要的老师
兴趣不一样的人怎么在一起
国内英语资讯:Delegation from Shanghai introduces China International Import Expo in Japan
“比萨都可以为什么法棍不行?”法棍面包申遗获马克龙支持
The Best Way to Learn 学习的最好方法
FOMO 你有“错失恐惧症”吗?
吃鸡块还能当职业!吃货的福利来了
体坛英语资讯:Former NBA star Rodman arrested on suspicion of DUI in Southern California
体坛英语资讯:Rockets coach DAntoni says All-star guard Harden could return this week
法国港口卡莱移民数量增加,马克龙要英国出钱
国际英语资讯:UNICEF highlights impact of war on Yemeni children
专家指出 我国大肠癌发病呈现年轻化
My Faith 我的信念
体坛英语资讯:Marburys Aolong edged by his former team in Beijing derby
国际英语资讯:Frances Macron seeks more cooperation with UK on migration
国内英语资讯:CPPCC studies Xis anti-corruption instructions
一对夫妇涉嫌虐待亲生子女被逮捕
中年换工作?这几个错误千万不能犯
体坛英语资讯:Team Europe comes up from behind to claim Eurasia Cup
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |