所在位置: 查字典英语网 >考试英语 >BEC英语 > BEC初级 > BEC初级作文 > 我们每天到底工作了几个小时

我们每天到底工作了几个小时

发布时间:2019-09-17  编辑:查字典英语网小编

You arrive late to work. (Just a few minutes…)

你上班的时候就已经迟到了(也许只是几分钟...)

You then get your coffee. And then socialize with others about their weekend.

然后再泡杯咖啡。还要和同事交流一下周末的情况。

You check the news. And then surf your inbox for 45 minutes.

接着再看看资讯,然后浏览邮件还需要45分钟。

Soon, it’s lunch time.

不一会儿就中午了。

Wait… you just got here.

等等...你刚刚到这里还没多久呢。

You might need to ask, “How many hours are you actually working in your day?”

也许得问问你自己:“上班时间你到底工作了几个小时?”

Late to Work, and Late to Start Work

上班迟到,开始工作就更晚

I see it in many office cultures. People straggle in 20–30 minutes late into the workday. They then spend another 30 minutes getting started.

我发现很多办公室职员都是这样的。拖拖拉拉地晚到20-30分钟。然后还要用半小时才能开始工作。

Wasting Time at Work

工作的时候浪费时间

How much time are you actually working in your workday?

工作期间你到底工作了几个小时?

The most productive companies are those that reward results instead of mere activity. They often have loose schedules and allow their workers to work in the ways they work best.

效率高的公司看重的是结果而非过程。他们的时间表通常安排得比较松散,允许员工以自己最佳的工作方式工作。

They don’t stay in the office for the sake of clocking time, sending emails, or having meaningless meetings. They allow their workers to get their work done…. and then get out of the office.

他们不必待在办公室打发时间,发邮件或是开些不必要的小会。公司允许员工自主的完成工作,然后下班回家。

However, many workplaces don’t work this way.

但是,很多公司都不是这样的工作方式。

Employees are expected to put in long workdays regardless of the workload. And success is often measured by hours instead of actual progress.

员工考虑的是如何打发漫长的工作时间而不管工作任务。成功通常是用工作时间来衡量的,而不是取决于你在工作中进步多少。

But, what is actually getting done during these long workdays?

但是,在工作期间你到底做了多少?

Most workers waste upwards of 2 hours per day at work

大多数人工作日的时候都会浪费2小时以上

They spend up to a third of their time in email

通常会用上1/3的时间来查看邮件

And even more time in meetings.

甚至把更多的时间用来闲聊

This busyness can be a real problem. In fact, many companies mistake busyness with productivity.

这种忙碌才是真正的问题,实际上,许多公司都在效率上有一定的问题。

Even more worrisome are those that are in denial about wasting time at work.

更让人担心的是那些不承认在工作期间浪费时间的人。

Get Your Work Done First

首先完成工作

If you find yourself constantly complaining you have too much to do, or you never get out of work on time, you need to ask, “How many hours am I actually working in my workday?”

要是你发现自己一直在抱怨有太多事还没做,或者从没及时的完成工作,那么你应该问问你自己,“工作期间我到底花了多少时间来工作?”

You might find that you are spending more time avoiding work than doing it.

你也许会发现你用了很多时间逃避工作,而不是完成工作。

查看全部
推荐文章
猜你喜欢
附近的人在看
推荐阅读
拓展阅读

分类
  • 年级
  • 类别
  • 版本
  • 上下册
年级
不限
类别
英语教案
英语课件
英语试题
不限
版本
不限
上下册
上册
下册
不限