伊索寓言故事之狼与鹤,这个故事告诉我们,不要妄想要从忘恩负义的人身上得到任何东西
The Wolf and the Crane 狼与鹤
A hungry Wolf eats a big, fat Sheep.
一只饥饿的狼吃了一只又大又肥的羊。
Wolf: Yummy! That was delicious. Now Im full.
狼:嗯!真好吃。现在我吃饱了。
But a little while later, the Wolf feels something in his throat.
可是没过多久,狼感觉到喉咙里有什么东西。
Wolf: Uh hum. Whats wrong? Theres something stuck in my throat. Oh no! It must be a bone. It hurts so much. I must get it out. But I cant.
狼:呃,咳(清清喉咙)怎么回事?有东西卡在我的喉咙里。哦,不!一定是块骨头。真疼啊!我一定要把它弄出来,可是弄不出来啊.
The Wolf tries hard to take out the bone, but nothing works.
狼想方设法想把骨头拿出来,可是都没有用。
Wolf: It doesnt go down. It doesnt go up. I cant do anything. I need help.
狼:这骨头咽不下去,也吐不出来,我没办法了,得找人帮忙。
The Wolf looks around for help. He finds a Rabbit.
狼四处求救。他找到了一只兔子。
Wolf: Hello there, little Rabbit. How have you been?
狼:嘿,小兔子,最近好吗?
Rabbit: Its a Wolf! I better run!
兔子:狼!我最好快跑!
Wolf: Dont run away! Listen to me for a minute. I have a small favor to ask.
狼:别跑!听我说一下,我想请你帮个小忙。
Rabbit: What? A favor? What kind?
兔子:什么?帮忙?帮什么忙?
Wolf: Well, there is a bone stuck in my throat. It hurts so much. If you take it out for me, Ill do anything for you.
狼:是这样的,有一根骨头卡在我的喉咙里,很疼。如果你帮我把它取出来,我愿意为你做任何事情。
Rabbit: Take out a bone for you? How?
兔子:帮你把骨头取出来?怎么取?
Wolf: By putting your paws in my mouth.
狼:把你的爪子伸到我的嘴里。
Rabbit: Thats dangerous. How do I know you are not tricking me? You could bite off my paws.
兔子:那太危险了。我怎么知道你不是在骗我?你可能会咬掉我的爪子。
Wolf: I am telling the truth. Please trust me. Ill do anything.
狼:我说的是真的,请相信我。我会为你做任何事的。
Rabbit: Let me see. It is very tempting. But no, thanks. I would rather live. I dont trust you. Bye.
兔子:让我想想,你的条件的确很吸引人,但是,不了,谢谢你。我宁愿选择活着。我不相信你,再见。
Wolf: No, wait! Please, dont go!
狼:不,等等!拜托,不要走! The Rabbit just hops away. The next day, the Wolfs throat hurts more and more. This time he finds a Sheep.
小兔蹦蹦跳跳地走了。第二天,狼的喉咙更疼了。这次他找到了一只羊。
Wolf: Hello there, Miss Sheep.
狼:你好,羊小姐。
Sheep: Oh please, Mr. Wolf! Dont eat me!
羊:哦,拜托,狼先生!不要吃我!
Wolf: Dont worry. I wont eat you. I just need your help.
狼:别担心,我不会吃你的。我只是需要你的帮助。
Sheep: My help? What kind of help?
羊:我的帮助?什么样的帮助?
Wolf: Please take this bone out of my throat. It hurts so badly. I cant eat. I cant breathe well.
狼:请帮我把这块骨头从喉咙里拿出来,疼死我了。我现在不能吃,也喘不上气。
Sheep: Thats too bad. But why would I help you? You ate my friend yesterday. And you might eat me today. Good-bye.
羊:那太糟糕了。不过,我为什么要帮助你?你昨天吃了我的朋友,你今天可能会把我也吃了。再见。
Wolf: Wait, Miss Sheep. Ill do anything for you. Plus, Ill give you a reward. Please! I wont eat you! Come back!
狼:等等,羊小姐。我愿意为你做任何事。而且,我会报答你的。拜托!我不吃你!回来!
The Wolf keeps calling the Sheep, but the Sheep just keeps walking. The Wolfs throat gets worse and worse. He can hardly speak now. The Wolf is very sick and depressed. Later, a Crane comes by. The Crane is a very kind bird.
狼不断地叫着羊,可是羊还是走开了。狼的喉咙越来越疼了,他现在几乎连话都说不出来了。狼感到很难受,而且很沮丧。后来,有一只鹤经过,这是一只善良的鸟。
Crane: Whats the matter, Wolf? You look very pale.
鹤:狼,你怎么了?你的脸色看起来很苍白。
Wolf: its nothing. Just go away.
狼:(嘶哑的声音)没事。走开。 Crane; Whats wrong? Are you sick?
鹤:怎么回事?你病了吗?
Wolf: I said, just go away.
狼:(嘶哑的声音)我说了,走开。 The Crane feels sorry for the Wolf. 鹤觉得狼可怜。
Crane: Tell me whats wrong. Ill help you.
鹤:告诉我你怎么了,我可以帮助你。
Wolf: Really? You will help me?
狼:(嘶哑的声音)真的?你要帮我?
Crane: Sure. How can I help you?
鹤:当然。我要怎么帮你呢?
Wolf: Well, to tell the truth. There is a bone stuck in my throat. I cant take it out by myself. If you take it out for me, Ill do anything for you. Plus, Ill even give you a big reward.
狼:(嘶哑的声音)哦,说实话,有一根骨头卡在我的喉咙里,我自己取不出来。如果你能帮我拿出来,我会为你做任何事情。
Crane: Really? Great! Just open wide and say, Ah
鹤:真的?太棒了!来张开嘴,说啊
Wolf: Ahhhh
狼:啊 The Crane puts his long neck and bill inside the Wolfs mouth. 鹤将它长长的脖子和嘴伸到狼的嘴里。
Crane: Its very dark in here. I cant see anything.
鹤:这里很暗!我什么也看不见。
Wolf: Its to your right. Look there.
狼:在你的右边,看那里。 The Crane finds the bone ant take it out easily. 鹤找到了骨头,很容易就把它取了出来。
Crane: Here it is. I got it. Geez! Look at this! It is so big! It must have really hurt.
鹤:就是这个,我拿到了。老天!你看看!好大一块骨头!那一定很疼吧!
Wolf: Now I feel much better. Good-bye then.
狼:现在我觉得好多了,那就后会有期吧。
Crane: But wait a minute. Arent you even going to say thank you? And where is my reward?
鹤:可是等一等。你连谢谢都不说吗?我的报酬又在哪里呢?
Wolf: Your reward? I gave it to you already.
狼:你的报酬?我已经给你了。
Crane: You did? When?
鹤:给我了?什么时候?
Wolf: When I didnt bite off your head. You are still alive, arent you?
狼:当我没有咬断你的头的时候。你现在还活着,不是吗?
Crane: What? Thats my reward? I should have known.
鹤:什么?那是我的报酬?我早该料到的。
The Crane cant stop shaking his head in disbelief.
鹤不停地摇着头,他不相信这一切是真的。
MORAL Dont expect anything from an ungrateful person.
寓意:不要妄想要从忘恩负义的人身上得到任何东西。
体坛英语资讯:Neymar open to join Real Madrid: agent
体坛英语资讯:Turkish Besiktas forfeits Turkish cup
我是一片云
体坛英语资讯:Bielsa upbeat after first day at Athletic Club
体坛英语资讯:Japan flabbergast defending champion Germany 1-0 at FIFA Women Worlds 2011
仙人球
体坛英语资讯:France defeats England at FIFA Women Worlds quarterfinals 4-3 on penalties
家乡变了
体坛英语资讯:Japan, US into FIFA Womens World Cup final
国际英语资讯:Over 70 workers test positive for coronavirus at England dessert factory: report
体坛英语资讯:Madrid presents candidacy to host 2020 Olympic Games
体坛英语资讯:German Bundesliga giant Bayern and fans condemn anti-Neuer protest
哈里王子呼吁社交媒体改革 打造网络正能量
体坛英语资讯:Vinci beats Begu in Budapest Grand Prix womens tennis final
我爱春天
Be his guest? 别客气
每日一词 ∣ 党的青年工作 the Partys youth work
每日一词∣铁路强国 a powerhouse in the railway sector
小插曲
Messi Wins Ballon d’Or award Again 梅西又拿了金球奖
多数美企看好中国市场
北京环球影城明春开园
后疫情时代的飞机内部将会是这样的
科技界联名起诉特朗普
国际英语资讯:Continuing heavy rains, floods impact 220,000 people in Sudan: UN spokesman
新华字典时隔九年更新
世卫组织:新冠病毒不会通过食品和包装传播
晨练
国际英语资讯:German economy on recovery path after slump caused by COVID-19 crisis
国际英语资讯:Palestinian official warns of increase in COVID-19 deaths