每逢佳节聚会,英美人常欢聚一堂,频频举杯,开怀畅饮,“干杯!”、“为……干杯!”之声不绝于耳。那么英美人是如何表示的呢?
一、用(Here's)to...表示:
1.Here's to your health / success. 为你的健康 / 成功干杯!
2.Here's to our friendship! 为我们的友谊干杯!
3.Here's to Tom for his new job! 为汤姆的新工作干杯!
二、用health, luck等表示:Good health! Good luck! All the best!例如:
1.Your health, John—May you have a successful time in Manchester!为了你的健康,约翰,也祝你在曼彻斯特前程似锦!
2.Helen raised her glass,“Good luck to you!” she said. 海伦举起酒杯,说道:“祝你好运!”
三、主人或主持人邀客人喝酒时,通常用Cheers! Do the honors!例如:
1.He raised his glass,“May you success! Cheers!” 他举起酒杯说:“祝你成功,干杯!”
2.Pat, you do the honors and propose the toast. 帕特,你敬酒吧。
四、在比较随便的场合,通常用Here's how!还有Happy landing!(美俚,原为空军用语)等。例如:
Oh,come, come,David.Here's how!噢,来呀,来呀,大卫,干杯!
五、在比较正式的场合,英美人有时也用一些外来语。例如:
Prosit!(来源于拉丁语,意为May it do good! To your health/ good luck! etc. )
六、在陈述句中,英美语通常用toast,round, drink to,drink a toast for / to, propose a toast for 等词表示。例如:
1.Friends,I'll give you a toast——to our president! 朋友们,我给大家敬酒,为我们总统干杯!
2.I now propose a toast to the friendship between our two people——to our friendship. 现在,我提议为我们两国人民的友谊干杯!
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
You would no doubt be interested in Chinese cooking.你一定喜欢中国菜。
Dinner is ready. Please come to the table.
饭菜好了,请入席。
What would you like to drink?
你要喝什么?
Mr. Taylor, which do you prefer, beer or wine?
Mr. Taylor,你要啤酒还是葡萄酒。
Wouldn't you care for something a little stronger?
你不介意喝点烈酒吧?
Here's to our friendship and to your health, Cheers!
为我们的友谊和您的健康,干杯!
Ah, here come the egg rolls.
Ah,上春卷儿了。
It tastes best when taken piping hot.
趁热吃好吃。
Have some more, please.
请再来点儿。
To the success of your Guangzhou trip!
为你的广州之行成功干杯!
May I help you get some pieces of sweet and sour fish?
我给你夹点糖醋鱼吧。
No more, thank you, I'm really full.
够了,谢谢,我真饱了。
I'm afraid i've had more than enough.
我吃的太饱啦
May I fill your glass again?
要再给你加点酒吗?
Try some of the cold dishes.
吃点凉菜吧。
Another course is coming up.
另一道菜上来了。
Just help yourself to whatever you'd like.
请随便挑你喜欢的吃。
Since you don't help yourself, I'll help you with some fish balls.
既然你自己不下筷,我只好来帮你搛点鱼丸。
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
Have you got a table for two, please?
请问您有两个人的桌子吗?
Have you booked a table?
您预定餐桌了吗?
Have you made a reservation?
您预定了吗?
smoking or non-smoking?
吸烟区还是非吸烟区?
Would you like something to drink?
您想喝什么?
Would you like to see the menu?
您需要看菜单吗?
点菜就餐的典型次序是:找一张桌子坐下-看菜单-点菜-付钱-离开。英语语言的表达基本上也是依照次顺序。“订餐”在英文中有两种说法,即to book a table 和 make a reservation.在英国以及在其它很多国家,餐厅一般划分为吸烟区和非吸烟区。一进餐厅,服务员会主动征询客人的意见,然后引领客人前往所选择的区域就餐。
Excuse me, could I see the menu, please?
打搅一下,我能看看菜单吗?
Are you ready to order?
您现在可以点餐吗?
first course/stasters
第一道菜/开胃菜
maincourse
主菜
dessert
甜食
Could I have the bill, please?
请拿账单来,好吗?
How would you like to pay?
请问您怎样付款?
在西餐厅就餐,菜单一般由三类不同的菜别组成。the first course或者starters是指第一道菜,往往是汤、一小碟色拉或其它小吃。第二道菜是主菜,fish and chips是鱼和炸土豆条,它同“roast beef and york shir pudding——牛肉布丁”、 “shepherd spie——牧羊人的馅饼”一样,都是典型的英国传统菜肴。最后一道是甜食——或冷或热,但都是甜的。西方饮食习惯是先吃咸的,后吃甜的。西餐菜单名目繁 多,有时不易读懂。遇到这种情况,可以请服务员解释一下。
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
Conversation In A Restaurant
餐厅里的对话
Hugh is ordering a meal in a restaurant
休正在餐厅点餐
a few moments later
(过了一会儿)
Emma: one sparkling water
埃玛:一份带汽的矿泉水。
Hugh: Thanks very much
休:谢谢!
Emma: Are you ready to order?
埃玛:您现在可以点菜吗?
Hugh: Yeah I think I am actually. Could I just have the soup to start please.
休:是的,可以。请先给我来一份例汤好吗?
Emma: That's minestrone, is that all right sir?
埃玛:是意大利蔬菜汤,可以吗?
Hugh: Yeah, that's fine, and for the main course could I have the chicken please?
休:可以。好的…… 至于主菜,请给我一份鸡肉,好吗?
Emma: Chicken.
埃玛:……鸡肉……
Hugh: And just some vegetables and some boiled potatoes please
休:再来一点蔬菜和煮土豆。
Emma: Boiled potatoes, OK?
埃玛:……煮土豆。好的。
Hugh: Thanks very much.
休:谢谢!
Emma: OK.
埃玛:好的。
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
2016亚洲最佳十大景点:上海第2香港第5
2020年东京奥运会新增9个男女混合项目
Jump, hop skip and leap 四个表示“跳”的单词
研究表明 吸烟会损害胎儿肝脏
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: Xis Kazakhstan trip cements broader B&R, SCO cooperation
体坛英语资讯:Djokovic misses French Open semi-finals, Halep finishes epic comeback
国内英语资讯:SCO leaders emphasize political, diplomatic means to settle regional conflicts
美文赏析:再微小的力量,也能改变世界
独立指标显示中国服务业反弹
体坛英语资讯:Media: Retired soccer champ Totti may play on
国内英语资讯:Chinese delegation calls on Japan to properly handle Tibet-related issues
为了只给员工最低工资,优步Uber用了个算法
体坛英语资讯:French Open suspended by rain, Bacsinszky and Ostapenko into semi-finals
投资者看好中国绿色概念股
老外观点:肯德基的Chizza真是一场灾难
国内英语资讯:SCO leaders strongly condemn all forms of terrorism
体坛英语资讯:Brazilian giants Santos set to appoint journeyman coach
科普:上合组织及各大国际组织盘点[1]
国际英语资讯:Macrons party makes big win in round one of legislative election: exit polls
体坛英语资讯:Dabrowski and Bopanna crowned in mixed doubles at Roland Garros
促进脑细胞增长的四个小窍门
国际英语资讯:London attack hero recalls terror night
肥胖在中国不再是富贵病
国内英语资讯:China calls for solidarity, cooperation as SCO admits new members
国内英语资讯:Xi urges more pragmatic cooperation with Turkmenistan under Belt and Road Initiative
国内英语资讯:Chinese naval fleet visits Pakistan
国内英语资讯:Political advisors discuss building accessible society
体坛英语资讯:Jardim extends contract with Monaco until 2020, will not move to CSL
研究:费心保密降低幸福感
国内英语资讯:China Focus: SCO expansion vital for intl security, common prosperity
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |