每逢佳节聚会,英美人常欢聚一堂,频频举杯,开怀畅饮,“干杯!”、“为……干杯!”之声不绝于耳。那么英美人是如何表示的呢?
一、用(Here's)to...表示:
1.Here's to your health / success. 为你的健康 / 成功干杯!
2.Here's to our friendship! 为我们的友谊干杯!
3.Here's to Tom for his new job! 为汤姆的新工作干杯!
二、用health, luck等表示:Good health! Good luck! All the best!例如:
1.Your health, John—May you have a successful time in Manchester!为了你的健康,约翰,也祝你在曼彻斯特前程似锦!
2.Helen raised her glass,“Good luck to you!” she said. 海伦举起酒杯,说道:“祝你好运!”
三、主人或主持人邀客人喝酒时,通常用Cheers! Do the honors!例如:
1.He raised his glass,“May you success! Cheers!” 他举起酒杯说:“祝你成功,干杯!”
2.Pat, you do the honors and propose the toast. 帕特,你敬酒吧。
四、在比较随便的场合,通常用Here's how!还有Happy landing!(美俚,原为空军用语)等。例如:
Oh,come, come,David.Here's how!噢,来呀,来呀,大卫,干杯!
五、在比较正式的场合,英美人有时也用一些外来语。例如:
Prosit!(来源于拉丁语,意为May it do good! To your health/ good luck! etc. )
六、在陈述句中,英美语通常用toast,round, drink to,drink a toast for / to, propose a toast for 等词表示。例如:
1.Friends,I'll give you a toast——to our president! 朋友们,我给大家敬酒,为我们总统干杯!
2.I now propose a toast to the friendship between our two people——to our friendship. 现在,我提议为我们两国人民的友谊干杯!
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
You would no doubt be interested in Chinese cooking.你一定喜欢中国菜。
Dinner is ready. Please come to the table.
饭菜好了,请入席。
What would you like to drink?
你要喝什么?
Mr. Taylor, which do you prefer, beer or wine?
Mr. Taylor,你要啤酒还是葡萄酒。
Wouldn't you care for something a little stronger?
你不介意喝点烈酒吧?
Here's to our friendship and to your health, Cheers!
为我们的友谊和您的健康,干杯!
Ah, here come the egg rolls.
Ah,上春卷儿了。
It tastes best when taken piping hot.
趁热吃好吃。
Have some more, please.
请再来点儿。
To the success of your Guangzhou trip!
为你的广州之行成功干杯!
May I help you get some pieces of sweet and sour fish?
我给你夹点糖醋鱼吧。
No more, thank you, I'm really full.
够了,谢谢,我真饱了。
I'm afraid i've had more than enough.
我吃的太饱啦
May I fill your glass again?
要再给你加点酒吗?
Try some of the cold dishes.
吃点凉菜吧。
Another course is coming up.
另一道菜上来了。
Just help yourself to whatever you'd like.
请随便挑你喜欢的吃。
Since you don't help yourself, I'll help you with some fish balls.
既然你自己不下筷,我只好来帮你搛点鱼丸。
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
Have you got a table for two, please?
请问您有两个人的桌子吗?
Have you booked a table?
您预定餐桌了吗?
Have you made a reservation?
您预定了吗?
smoking or non-smoking?
吸烟区还是非吸烟区?
Would you like something to drink?
您想喝什么?
Would you like to see the menu?
您需要看菜单吗?
点菜就餐的典型次序是:找一张桌子坐下-看菜单-点菜-付钱-离开。英语语言的表达基本上也是依照次顺序。“订餐”在英文中有两种说法,即to book a table 和 make a reservation.在英国以及在其它很多国家,餐厅一般划分为吸烟区和非吸烟区。一进餐厅,服务员会主动征询客人的意见,然后引领客人前往所选择的区域就餐。
Excuse me, could I see the menu, please?
打搅一下,我能看看菜单吗?
Are you ready to order?
您现在可以点餐吗?
first course/stasters
第一道菜/开胃菜
maincourse
主菜
dessert
甜食
Could I have the bill, please?
请拿账单来,好吗?
How would you like to pay?
请问您怎样付款?
在西餐厅就餐,菜单一般由三类不同的菜别组成。the first course或者starters是指第一道菜,往往是汤、一小碟色拉或其它小吃。第二道菜是主菜,fish and chips是鱼和炸土豆条,它同“roast beef and york shir pudding——牛肉布丁”、 “shepherd spie——牧羊人的馅饼”一样,都是典型的英国传统菜肴。最后一道是甜食——或冷或热,但都是甜的。西方饮食习惯是先吃咸的,后吃甜的。西餐菜单名目繁 多,有时不易读懂。遇到这种情况,可以请服务员解释一下。
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
Conversation In A Restaurant
餐厅里的对话
Hugh is ordering a meal in a restaurant
休正在餐厅点餐
a few moments later
(过了一会儿)
Emma: one sparkling water
埃玛:一份带汽的矿泉水。
Hugh: Thanks very much
休:谢谢!
Emma: Are you ready to order?
埃玛:您现在可以点菜吗?
Hugh: Yeah I think I am actually. Could I just have the soup to start please.
休:是的,可以。请先给我来一份例汤好吗?
Emma: That's minestrone, is that all right sir?
埃玛:是意大利蔬菜汤,可以吗?
Hugh: Yeah, that's fine, and for the main course could I have the chicken please?
休:可以。好的…… 至于主菜,请给我一份鸡肉,好吗?
Emma: Chicken.
埃玛:……鸡肉……
Hugh: And just some vegetables and some boiled potatoes please
休:再来一点蔬菜和煮土豆。
Emma: Boiled potatoes, OK?
埃玛:……煮土豆。好的。
Hugh: Thanks very much.
休:谢谢!
Emma: OK.
埃玛:好的。
商务英语BEC【初级春季班】
国际英语资讯:UN Security Council extends mandate of UN investigative team on IS crimes in Iraq
美差!万圣节前看完13部斯蒂芬·金的电影 就能赚1300美元
体坛英语资讯:Slovakia, Germany edge closer to European Volleyball Cship knockouts
国内英语资讯:Vice premier stresses efforts to ensure complete success of Beijing horticultural expo
看看老外怎么学英文:一个歪国英语学习者的自白
国内英语资讯:Officials, experts say awarding Friendship Medal shows Chinas amity with world
王学兵涉毒被抓: 那些吸毒的禁毒大使
求职窍门: 脸书CEO的职业建议
娱乐英语资讯:Chinese film music concert held in Los Angeles for PRC 70th founding anniversary
国内英语资讯:Chinese universities admit over 10,000 students with disabilities in 2018
体坛英语资讯:Chen Xingtong wins table tenniss Czech Open
去美国留学之前必读的5本书
喵星人汪星人心情大不同
体坛英语资讯:Griezmann at the double as Barcelona hit five against Betis
中国加拿大达成签证互惠协议
Apple Watch才发布 淘宝山寨已上架
英国数学天才女十岁上大学
鹿晗TFBOYS中外五代男神齐聚张艺谋新片
Apple Watch 8大功能一览 内置微信
苹果发布世界最薄电脑 MacBook仅厚13毫米
国内英语资讯:Central Conference on CPPCC Work holds second plenary session
国际英语资讯:UN chief sees change in momentum of climate action thanks to youth movement
国际英语资讯:Hashd Shaabi seizes IS drone, destroys hideouts in eastern Iraq
国际英语资讯:Japans Abe vows to reform social security system amid rising demographic crisis
国际英语资讯:U.S. Fed officials remain divided following second rate cut this year
停用死囚器官不会造成器官短缺
国际英语资讯:France says committed to facilities offered by donor projects to Lebanon
姚明“眼红”国足改革方案
像一个绅士那样赢得女性芳心
学者:北京标语横幅严重脱节
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |