"Kindness like a boomerang always returns"
善良就像回旋飞镖,总会回到出发的地方
Many years ago there were no leash laws.
许多年以前,宠物系绳的法规还没有颁布
People's pets were allowed to roam around freely.
人们的宠物可以自由的四处奔跑
It was hard to tell sometimes if an animal was someone's pet or a stray.
有时很难分清,一只动物是某人的动物,还是流浪者
While we lived in Kentucky
当我们还住在肯塔基州的时候
there was a cat I named Miss Kitty who came to visit every so often.
有一只被我唤作“喵小姐”的猫咪,她经常来拜访我们
When she arrived she would meow at the front door.
每次到来,她就会在我们门前喵喵直叫
When I heard the meow
我听到猫叫
I'd run to find some food and water
就会端来食物和水
and take it out to her.
放在她面前
She would eat, drink, stay a short while
她会吃吃喝喝,然后留下来玩耍一会儿
then she would be on her way.
然后就会离开
There was a period of time I didn't see Miss Kitty.
后来有一段时间,我一直没有看到喵小姐
I wondered what had happened to her.
我不知道她出了什么事
Then one day I heard the familiar meow at the front door.
直到有一天,我听到门外传来熟悉的猫叫声
When I opened the door I was surprised!
我打开门,顿时感到惊喜不已
There was Miss Kitty with a tiny kitten in her mouth.
喵小姐站在门外,嘴里还叼着一只小小猫崽
After I had made a big fuss about the little kitten to Miss Kitty
我对喵小姐大肆夸赞了一番这只小猫崽多么可爱
I ran back into the house to get some food and water.
然后跑回房去拿食物和水
I felt sad when I came back to see that Miss Kitty and the kitten were gone.
没想到让我伤心的是,当我回到门外时,喵小姐和小猫崽已经走了
It wasn't long and Miss Kitty was back again meowing at the door.
不过没过多久,喵小姐又来了,还是在门外喵喵直叫
This time with another little kitten.
这次,她带来了另一只小猫崽
This back and forth went on until she had shown me all four kittens.
这样来来回回,她一共带来了四只小猫崽
It's true kindness like a boomerang always returns.
善良就像回旋飞镖,总会回到出发的地方,果真如此!
The kindness I had shown Miss Kitty boomeranged right back to me
我对喵小姐付出的善良径直回到了我身边
when she brought her four kittens to the door.
当她把那四只小猫带到我家门外的时候
少儿英语寓言故事:The Ass and the Grasshopper
儿童英语小故事带翻译:调皮的猴子
儿童英语小故事带翻译:像爸爸一样
少儿英语故事:The Girl who Married a Bear
儿童英语小故事带翻译:聪明的熊猫
少儿英语小故事:快乐的人
儿童英语小故事:杰克的帽子
少儿英语小故事:Little mouse
儿童英语小故事:苍蝇好吃吗?
儿童英语小故事:一定很拥挤
少儿英语小故事精选
儿童英语小故事带翻译:工作的狗
少儿英语小故事:The Yardman
少儿英语寓言故事:The Lion and the Mouse
儿童英语小故事:十块糖
少儿英语寓言故事:craftsmen
儿童英语故事阅读:一个睡觉的地方
少儿英语寓言故事:Donkeys and his shadow
少儿英语寓言故事:The Bat and the Weasels
儿童英语小故事带翻译:猜猜我是谁
儿童英语小故事带翻译:一只眼睛的母鹿
少儿英语小故事:It’s Good to Admit a Fault
儿童英语小故事:长颈鹿的小靴子
少儿英语小故事:我们是朋友
少儿英语小故事:We are friends
少儿英语寓言故事汇总
少儿英语故事:Rabbit Finds a Home
儿童英语故事阅读:Let me take it down
少儿英语寓言故事:Catch stone fisherman
儿童英语小故事:明天早上数
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |