Isn't it incredible
这不是很令人难以置信吗
how the longer we live on this Earth
我们在世上活得越久
the more the passage of time
越会感觉
between the world outside us
我们自身之外的时间
and the world within us seems out of sync" class="hjdict" word="sync" target=_blank>sync ?
与我们内在的世界已经脱轨
I attended my 35th high school reunion" class="hjdict" word="reunion" target=_blank>reunion recently.
最近我去参加了第35次的高中同学聚会
It was held at the 4-H camp
这次聚会在一个青少年课外教育营地举行
that I grew up next to as a child.
我从小到大就住在营地附近
When I got there
当我来到那里
the very first thing I noticed was the little Oak trees
我注意到的第一样东西是一株小小的橡胶树
that I used to climb up as a boy
小时候我经常爬上去玩耍
now seemed as tall as Redwoods.
现在看起来却像红杉一样矮小
How had that happened?
这是怎么回事呢
I had arrived early
我到得比预定的时间早
so I volunteered" class="hjdict" word="volunteered" target=_blank>volunteered to help get things set up.
便主动帮着布置场地
I placed some chairs around the tables
我将几把椅子放到桌子周围
and then got drafted to blow up the party balloons.
接着我被选派去吹气球,这些气球会挂在聚会现场
For some reason my aging lungs couldn't seem to get my balloons quite as large as my friend's,
由于某种原因,我日渐衰老的肺似乎不能把气球吹得足够大,至少跟其他朋友相比是这样
who was helping me out.
他们不得不给我帮忙
Then later when we all gathered together at the buffet table
随后,当我们齐聚在自助餐桌前
I had to remind myself not to put too much food on my plate
我不得不提醒自己,不要在盘子里堆太多的食物
lest I be up all night again with indigestion.
不让我又会因为积食整宿整宿的睡不着觉了
I glanced through an old year book that was there
我翻看一本放在餐厅里的年历
and saw my teenage self again.
又看到了青少年时期的自己
I wondered where that guy with the thick, brown hair
我想着,那个长着一头浓密棕色头发
and cast iron stomach had gone.
吃铁都能消化的青少年去了哪里?
As I started to talk to my old high school friends
我开始与旧日的高中好友谈天
I noticed something else too.
我注意到了另外一件事
We all looked a little different.
我们都看起来与往日不同了
There was some with gray hair.
有些人头发已经花白
There was some with no hair.
有些人已经秃顶
And we all seemed to have a few extra pounds and a few extra wrinkles.
我们看上去都多了几磅肉,多了几条皱纹
Yet, the moment we started to talk and catch up
可是,一旦我们开始交谈,开始叙旧
the years melted away
岁月仿佛倒流
and our young souls shined through.
年轻的我们又从心里闪耀起来
On the outside we all seemed a little wiser and more mature,
我们的外表看上去都更加睿智,更加成熟了
but on the inside
然而在内心深处
every single one of us was bright, beautiful, and vibrant.
我们每个人还是跟孩子一样朝气蓬勃,志气满满,活力四射
On the inside every single one of us was still young.
在心灵深处,我们每个人都仍然年轻
35 years may have aged our bodies a bit,
35年的时光,让我们的身体衰老了一些
but it hadn't had any effect whatsoever" class="hjdict" word="whatsoever" target=_blank>whatsoever on our souls.
但对我们的灵魂,这些岁月却不能磨损半分。
Our souls are created in Love.
我们的灵魂是用爱铸就的
Our souls live through Love.
我们的灵魂在大爱之中生存
And Love never ages.
爱永不衰老
Love is both immortal" class="hjdict" word="immortal" target=_blank>immortal and forever young.
爱是不朽的,爱青春永驻
And so are we.
所以我们也是如此
May you live all of your days here from your young soul then.
愿你带着少时的灵魂度过此岸的每一天
May you coax" class="hjdict" word="coax" target=_blank>coax your aging body along
愿你让自己的身体忘记衰老
so it can share all the love you possibly can in this life.
愿你通过这副躯体,将此生所有的爱播撒出去
外交官罢工致使以色列大使馆关闭
自拍上瘾也是病!英国少年自拍不完美想自杀
国内英语资讯:Chinas border region to promote AI cooperation with ASEAN
更低价更温和的试管婴儿方案
路透社:中国赴马来西亚游客人数大幅下滑
习近平主席在核安全峰会上的讲话要点(双语)
致白领们:你有传说中的下午拖延症吗?
职场必懂道理 别害怕跟人起冲突
《分歧者》登顶周末北美票房榜
脸谱网20亿收购Oculus:我们在购买未来
导盲犬当“红娘” 英国盲人男女相恋结婚
英国大学生脸缠胶带 疯狂自拍照走红
河北聘请海外专家治霾
压力让男性更自我 却让女性更爱社交
国内英语资讯:Interview: CPC gains intl respect with its achievements, Jordanian party leader says
最美北京--京城四日游
荷兰王后魅力大 奥巴马笑到“见牙不见眼”
印度寡妇、离婚和单身女性的生活
中国家长送子女入读英国名校
米歇尔·奥巴马在北京大学演讲稿
研究:生女儿更可能成为辣妈
马航事故削弱中国人赴马旅行意愿
习主席在荷兰海牙核安全峰会上的讲话全文(双语)
国内英语资讯:China to amend laws to further empower local legislatures
沃尔玛关闭中国门店引发抗议
体坛英语资讯:Napoli join race for Ecuadorian teenager Campana
10位“最佳雇主”招聘官解读招聘内幕
只是胖了:女子谎称怀孕数月未被戳穿
国际英语资讯:DPRK fires 2 unidentified projectiles into East Sea: S.Korea
国际英语资讯:Roundup: Italys PM Conte unveils new govt program to lower house, winning first confiden
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |