While writing this impromptu story,
写着这篇即兴而来的文章的时候
I am lying down in bed being absolutely sick
我正躺在床上床上,病魔缠身
and just being all around negative.
满心只有消极的想法
Suddenly, I thought of a positive story
忽然,我想到了一个积极向上的故事
that I just want to share with anyone who reads this.
我想要与读到这篇文章的人分享
So here goes my story.
我的故事是这样的
I was an active kid growing up,
小时候我一直是个活泼好动的孩子
one who skips classes to play 8 hours of basketball
我会逃课,去玩8小时的篮球
and still cycle few kilometers back home on a crappy bicycle
然后骑着一辆破破烂烂的自行车行驶数公里的路程回家
and repeat this everyday.
每天如此
I would even take that crappy bicycle
我甚至会骑着那辆破破烂烂的自行车
and travel long distances on it with a bunch of friends
和一群朋友一起长途旅行
without a care in the world.
心里没有任何烦恼
It was fun and simple times back then.
那是多么快乐而简单的时光啊
As the years go by,
随着年岁渐长
I was diagnosed with a series of acute conditions
我被诊断出患有几种严重的疾病
which made it difficult for me to exercise.
让我很难锻炼身体
And soon, the weights started pounding up
很快我的体重就长了上来
over the years
经年累月
and my condition just kept getting worse and out of control
我的身体状况越来越糟糕,以致难以控制
which resulted in a very fatal condition called laziness.
最终的结果是,我患上了一种致命的疾病,懒癌
I find myself dragging my feet to go for a run or a stroll ,
我发现自己打不起精神去跑步或者散步
and often find excuses to rest.
总会找借口中途休息
The only motivation for me to go long distances now is food,
现在唯一能激励我多走路的动力就是食物
which explains the size of my belly.
这也就是我大腹便便的原因
However, I do remember a weekend
可是,我却记得有一个周末
when I woke up exhausted
我醒来后感到十分疲乏
after a 14 hour shift work the previous night,
因为前一晚值了14个小时的班
and felt motivated enough to go for a quick stroll in the park.
我感到自己鼓足了斗志,想要在公园里小小的散个步
It was a pleasant cloudy Saturday afternoon
那是一个明媚的周六下午,天空中有朵朵白云
when I walked along the beach enjoying the breeze
我走在海边的沙滩上,感受清风拂面
and looking at kids throwing stones into the sea.
看着孩子们把石子投入海中
I stopped, sat down
我停下脚步,坐下来
and just took in the whole view of the sea and the people on the beach.
纵然整片海域的景色,还有沙滩上的人们
Now, I want you to humor me for a minute,
现在,我想请各位为我办一个一分钟的小忙
close your eyes
请闭上你的眼睛
and picture yourself standing/ sitting at the beach
想象自己站或者坐在沙滩上
just looking at the sea.
静静的看着大海
Do you see an end of it?
你看到大海的尽头了吗
Some people may answer as
也许有人会回答说
"Nothing, just an endless stretch of the sea".
“没有,我只看到了一望无垠的海平面”
We are like the pebbles or rocks on the beach that are being thrown into the sea.
我们就像海边的鹅卵石或者砾石,被抛入海中
It represents the burdens that we are carrying
这些石块象征着我们背负的负担
when we are going towards the end of the sea.
当我们走向大海的尽头
Some of them heavy,
有些石块很重
while some lighter as compared to others.
有些则比较轻
The lighter the stone is,
石块越是轻盈
the likely possibility of going further is much better than a big boulder
比起那些大块的岩石,它们就有可能飞得更远
The matters of the heart are complicated
人心是多么复杂
and it definitely takes a toll on us.
心里的负担总会压在我们身上
Failed relationships,
终结的恋情
Resentment, betrayal, hate, self loathing
怨怼,背叛,仇恨,还有自我厌弃
and the list goes on.
还有很多很多
And then there is the physical aspects like our appearances,
还有我们外在的各种条件,比如相貌
self esteem, medical conditions or defects etc.
自尊心,身体状况,性格缺点等等
All these burdens adds up,
这些负担重重累积
and you may find yourself drowning or suffering whenever you take a further step into the unknown sea.
你会发现自己沉溺下去,饱受折磨,每当你像未知的海域迈出一步
the takeaway is this.
请记住
We have the power to do many things
我们有能力做好很多事
and we are also made that way.
我们生来就有这些能力
I find that 'forgiveness' is a powerful word
我发现“原谅”是一个非常强大的字眼
and emotion when it comes to matters of the heart.
如果从心的角度来看,原谅也是一种情感
That moment when you decide to let go and say I forgive you
在你决定放手,决定说出“我原谅你”的那一刻
really pulls the weight off of you.
你会感到自己一身轻松
And it is especially important to learn to forgive yourself.
尤其重要的是,学会原谅自己
We are flawed and make mistakes,
我们都有缺陷,我们都会犯错
but we can always learn to stand up,
但我们总能学会跌倒了再站起来
dust off and keep moving forward to the ever elusive end.
拍拍身上的泥灰,继续走向未知的彼岸
The journey is never ending and grueling at times,
这旅途没有尽头,有时你会筋疲力尽
but it sure makes it easier when we learn to lighten the load.
如果我们知道如何轻装前行,我们的脚步会更加轻快
玩大了!英国脱欧 英语或被踢出欧盟官方语言
印度24元智能机将发售 太像iphone外媒都笑了
2种生活中需要的无设备背部运动
10种方法使你的约会更成功
优步和滴滴正在囤积粮草 准备决战
小熊维尼的简单智慧 就像这样当个好朋友
英国脱欧后,英语也要脱欧?
体坛英语资讯:France edges Germany 78-74 in FIBA basketball World Cup (updated)
脱欧致英镑贬值 赴英旅游升温
纽约街头现假和尚乞讨
身体力行3件事,早起从此没难度
马云 我最大的错误就是创立了阿里巴巴
又相信爱情了:相恋40年 耄耋爱侣终成眷属
意超市:别敲西瓜,西瓜不会回应
快来围观:世界上第一款蓝色葡萄酒
4种天才的新方法以对任何目标都保持动力
同性恋彩虹旗的历史与来历
土耳其机场发生爆炸 36人死亡140多人受伤
英国脱欧已成定局 将对12方面产生重大影响
英国首相卡梅伦辞职演讲:我已经尽心竭力
11国语言达人:如何学好英德日法西
特朗普 第一个在竞选中赚钱的总统候选人
男人心海底针:男人真正想说的是什么?
欧洲杯: 足球也脱欧 冰岛2-1英格兰
玩儿的就是心跳:洛杉矶玻璃滑梯离地305米
日本创业者面临的独特挑战 妻子的阻拦
BBC纪录片《Europe - Them or Us》英国欧盟的爱恨情仇
一天之计在于晨:三件小事让你做个晨型人
研究称吸烟可能降低男性精子质量
赛中放屁 瑞典球员被红牌罚出场
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |