I was about to shave this morning
今天早上,我正准备刮胡子的时候
when I caught my reflection in the mirror.
忽然注意到镜子里自己的影像
There was no doubt about it.
再也没有任何疑问
My body was growing older.
我的身体在慢慢变老
My formerly thick hair
从前浓密的头发
which used to be brown with a touch of gray
曾经是棕色,其中掺杂着一点灰色
was now gray with a touch of brown.
如今已经全然灰白,只剩下一点棕色
It was hard to see on top too
看到自己的发顶,心情更加难过
with so little of it left there.
那里如今只剩下一点点头发
My forehead wrinkles
我的抬头纹
had become permanent
已经深深的印刻到了皮肤里
and when I smiled
微笑的时候
a hundred more curled up around my eyes and mouth.
眼角和嘴角又多了百条皱纹
I thought about letting my beard grow for a second
有一瞬间,我想了想要不要把胡子蓄起来
but didn’t really want to look like Santa Claus.
但我不希望自己看起来像圣诞老人
When I stepped back
我从镜子前转身
I could see
我可以觉察到
I had gotten chunkier as well
自己的身材也更圆润了
Because
因为
while my metabolism had slowed
我的新陈代谢减慢了
my eating hadn’t.
饮食习惯却还保持原状
My muscles also tended to be achier
我的肌肉酸痛加剧了
and my body creakier.
身体越发脆弱不堪
And the file clerk in my mind
我脑海中的档案管理员
seemed to be misplacing things a lot more often.
把资料放错位置的次数更多了
I was even thinking of
我甚至想着
writing stuff down more
多写些小字条
so I could remember
这样我就可以记起
what I came into a room for.
自己来到房间里是为了什么
In spite of it all,
尽管如此
though,
不过
when I looked in the mirror again
当我再看向镜子里的自己
I caught a sparkle in my eyes.
我看到了自己眼中的闪光
I smiled
我露出微笑
and felt a joy in my heart.
感到内心的喜悦
I knew that
我知道
no matter what my reflection looked like,
无论我镜中的又影像看上去如何
my soul was forever young.
我的灵魂永远年轻
The truth is
事实上
while I have been steadily growing older on the outside
当我外在的躯壳平和的变老
I have for a while now
最近一段时间,其实
been growing younger on the inside.
我的内心一直在变得更加年轻
I can remember
我还记得
how serious, stressed, and worried I was
自己曾多么严阵以待,压力重重,忧心劳神
in my twenties and thirties.
在我二十至三十岁的时候
I often felt like
我时常感觉到
the weight of the world was on my shoulders.
仿佛整个世界都压在我的双肩
Now at fifty three
如今,我已经五十三岁了
my heart feels lighter
我的心却更加轻盈
and my days look brighter.
我的生活也更加明亮了
I feel like a true “Child” of nature
我感觉自己是大自然的孩子
free to laugh,
可以恣意欢笑
to sing, to dance
歌唱,舞蹈
to love, and to help others do the same.
去爱,去帮助别人成为和我一样的人
I worry less
我的烦恼变少了
and smile more.
笑容增多了
I have a lot more faith
我对生活的信心大大增多了
and a lot less fear.
恐惧却大大减少了
I let my love lead me
我让爱引导着自己
and face the pains and problems of this world
直面这个世界的苦痛和难题
with the loving-kindness of the next.
用彼岸的爱和善意为武器
In the end
最终
all of our bodies will wear out and die,
我们都会死去,身体腐朽
but WE won’t.
但我们内在的自己不会
Our young souls will go on forever.
我们年轻的灵魂将长存下去
Spend your days growing younger then.
所以,用你的时间让自己变得年轻吧
Let the child within you live and love.
让你内心的小孩快乐的活着,让他去爱
让老板刮目相看:做好10件事,公司缺你不可
英国王残骸现身车库 残忍暴君或得洗冤
放假前把办公桌理干净再走:科学整理办公桌的5个步骤
国内英语资讯:Gun violence in U.S. seriously tramples on human rights: article
纹身师与女友一见钟情 将名字纹上女友的脸
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Turkey to continue gas search off Cyprus despite intl warnings
Facebook首席运营官给职场女性的三个建议
漫画: 器官捐赠者 Organ Donor
垃圾收集时限缩短 英国居民被迫早起
欧洲经济形势看“巨无霸”汉堡价格就知道
调查:2013年最佳工作排行 The top jobs for 2013
创业要趁早:为什么20多岁的人会成为最成功的企业家?
没吃饱不用付账?盘点世界各国奇怪法律
国内英语资讯:Vice premier stresses black earth protection in northeast
日子过得紧巴巴的?七大花钱信号要注意!
盘点中国八大美食好去处
再买就砍手:购物狂如何戒掉花钱瘾
电脑盲伤不起:学习电脑技能变身职场达人
求职过年不放假:假期原来是找工作的黄金时间
一个傻傻的app教给我的道理
每天喝八升可乐 25岁男子牙齿全被蛀
只要两分钟你就能改变:用肢体语言重塑自己
英3D打印干细胞 或可造人体器官
外媒关注中国“房姐”肯定政府反腐决心
调查:网上办公八成时间被浪费
时代杂志评《泰囧》:低俗小片如何成为中国最大票房黑马
2013全球最贵城市 澳城市成“新贵”
巴黎:“女人不得穿裤子”禁令废除
国内英语资讯:China firmly opposes U.S. tariff hikes on Chinese imports
不在家,就在咖啡馆:如何戒掉咖啡瘾
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |