Growing up
在我长大的过程中
I’ve always been very independent.
我一直表现得十分独立
I’ve never asked for my parents for money or help,
我从未向父母要过钱,或寻求过帮助
and I’ve always lived a pretty secluded life from them.
每天的生活,也与他们十分疏离
We’re close,
我们关系很好
but not in a “I’m going to tell you every detail of my life” way.
但不是那种“我要把生活中所有的细节都告诉你”的好
A little back ground:
再告诉你们吧
I moved out at 17,
17岁的时候我就从家里搬出来了
went to university,
我去了大学
and dropped out in my third year.
在大学三年级辍学
I married my long term boyfriend,...
我与自己交往了很长时间的男友结了婚
we had a daughter,
我们有了一个女儿
I go back to school a second time.
我再次回到了学校
We decide to split up,
我和丈夫决定分开
my daughter and I find a new house to move into.
我和女儿找到新的住处,搬家
My car craps out
我的车彻底坏了
and I need to buy a new one.
我需要买辆新车
These last two years have been HARD.
最近两年一直十分艰难
But we’re trekking on.
但我们坚持负重前行
I’m happier now than I was.
现在我比过去开心多了
Money is extremely tight,
钱花得紧巴巴的
but we are managing.
但还能对付过去
I was speaking to my dad
我与父亲聊了会儿天
a few weeks ago
那是几个星期以前
getting caught up
我被他叫过去
and he asked about my financial situation.
问我的财政状况如何
I open up
我直话直说
and tell him things are fine, but tight.
告诉他情况还好,但有些吃紧
We’re doing okay.
我们没事
He then tells me
接着他告诉我
he wants to send me some money
他想给我些钱
to cover my debts.
帮我还清贷款
I tell him it’s a lot.
我告诉他,我欠的贷款很多
$6000 in student loans,
学生贷款有6000美元
$4000 in credit card debt.
信用卡上还有4000元的欠款
He says he is proud of me
他却说,他为我感到骄傲
and the way I’ve moved through life so far.
为我迄今为止如何克服困难努力生活
He’s proud of the way
他为我感到骄傲
I’ve been raising my daughter
为我如何含辛茹苦的抚养女儿
and how independent I am.
为我这么独立
He wants me to start this new chapter of my life
他希望我能开启人生的新一章
with a clean slate
毫无挂碍
and this allows me
因为他的帮助
to put the money I was putting towards debt repayment into savings.
我把本打算用于偿还贷款的钱存了起来
I’m not sure
我自己也不太确定
what the point of this post was.
这篇文章想要表达什么主题
I love my dad so much
我非常爱我的父亲
and I’m appreciative of him
对他我十分崇敬
for giving me the gift of no debts.
为他赐予我零债务的这份厚礼
It also feels good to be recognized
能被人理解,也让我十分愉悦
for doing a good job raising my daughter.
有人明白我抚养女儿的辛苦
And to be told that
还有人告诉我
living independently is a good thing.
过独立的生活是一件好事
I often feel guilty
现在我时常感到愧疚
for not being very open with my parents.
因过去没有对父母这般开诚布公
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块7 unit 1《Living with technology》
体坛英语资讯:Chinese shuttler Tian ejects Denmarks Jorgensen in Dubai World Superseries semis
【三维设计】2017届高考英语(江苏专用)二轮复习阅读理解解题技法示范课件:3
2017届高考英语二轮复习大题冲关秘籍语法填空:创新押题(含解析)
Light pollution dampens urban robins' song 城市光污染抑制知更鸟的鸣唱
国内英语资讯:Shiplift at Lancang-Mekong river starts operation
【三维设计】2017版(江苏专用)二轮复习练习:选修8 Unit 3《The world of colours and light》课时跟踪检测B卷(含解析)
淘宝再上美国“恶名市场”榜
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块6 Unit 4《Helping people around the World》
【三维设计】2017届高考英语(江苏专用)二轮复习阅读理解解题技法示范课件:6
【三维设计】2017届高考英语(江苏专用)二轮复习阅读理解解题技法示范课件:9
【三维设计】2017届高考英语(江苏专用)二轮复习阅读理解解题技法示范课件:5
美文赏析:坚强,有时是迫不得已
【三维设计】2017版(江苏专用)二轮复习练习:选修8 Unit 4《Films and film events》单元检测(含解析)
国内英语资讯:Xinhua Insight: China combats heavy smog with red alerts
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块8 Unit 1《The written word》
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块5 Unit 3《Science versus nature》
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块6 Unit 3《Understanding each other》
Bus for homeless, urban bees 流浪者入住公共汽车、蜜蜂的城市庇护所
川普:欧洲恐袭证实他筛选甄别穆斯林计划正确
【三维设计】2017版(江苏专用)二轮复习练习:选修8 Unit 2《The universal language》课时跟踪检测B卷(含解析)
西班牙顶级厨师 切个火腿挣4000美元 OMG!
国内英语资讯:President Xi congratulates Pakistan on chandelier renewal ceremony at Mazar-e-Quaid
投资移民性价比最高的欧洲国家
【三维设计】2017版(江苏专用)二轮复习练习:选修8 Unit 2《The universal language》课时跟踪检测A卷(含解析)
遏制假资讯 Facebook使出了这几招
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块7 unit 4《Public transport》
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块6 Unit 1《Laughter is good for you》
2017届江苏省淮安市新马中学高考牛津译林版英语一轮复习活动单:模块6 Unit 2《What is happiness to you》
体坛英语资讯:Dortmund held 2-2 by Hoffenheim in German Bundesliga
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |