I was ten years old
那时我十岁
riding my bicycle
骑着自己的自行车
at break-neck speed
速度足以让我摔断脖子
down a hill near my home.
从家附近的山坡上向下俯冲
This was long before bike helmets were used
自行车头盔是很久之后才发明的
Only a month before
就在一个月之前
I had hit a rock in the road,
我撞到马路上的一块石头
flown over my handlebars
从车把手前面飞了出去
and smashed open my skull .
脑瓜开了瓢
I had walked home bleeding,
我浑身是血,走回了家
terrified my Mom,
吓坏了我的母亲
and gotten a trip to the hospital
去了一趟医院
to have my skull stitched shut again.
才把我的脑壳缝合好了
The memory of a boy is brief, however,
可是,小男孩都是好了伤疤忘了疼
so here I was back on my bike,
所以此刻我又在自己的自行车上了
flying fearlessly down a hill again.
义无反顾,飞也似地从山坡上往下冲
I was picking up speed
我一路加速
as I neared a curve in the road.
很快冲到马路上的一个拐弯处
I started to hit my brakes when I saw it:
直到我看到一样东西,才开始猛踩刹车
a pothole in the road.
马路上有一个大坑!
Not wanting to go flying over my handlebars again
我可不想第二次从车把手前面飞出去
I twisted my wheel
我调转车头
and stomped on my foot brakes
踩住脚下的刹车
as hard as I could.
用尽全力
I could hear the tires skidding
我听到轮胎摩擦地面的声音
as I flew off the bike.
接着就从车上飞了起来
Thankfully,
幸好
this time I landed on my back
这次我是背部着地
and in the soft grass
底下是柔软的草地
of the field along the side of the road.
原来是路边的一块草坪
I got up and laughed.
我站起来,大笑起来
I was happy to be alive
我为自己还活着感到高兴
and ready for one more ride
准备好了再骑一次
before heading home.
然后再回家
These days
如今
I am fifty one years old
我已经五十一岁了
and my bike riding days are far behind me.
骑着自行车撒野的岁月早已离我而去
I try not to stress my guardian too much these days either.
不过,我仍不敢让自己的看护人过于心力憔悴
I am sure
我很确信
I made him work hard enough when I was a boy.
当自己年少的时候,我已经给他添了够多的麻烦了
These days
如今
my adventures involve
我的冒险举动包括
hugging my boys
拥抱我的两个儿子
and petting my dogs.
轻拍我的狗
Still,
仍然
each day
每天
when I wake up in the morning
当我早上起床的时候
I am happy to be alive.
我为自己活着感到高兴
Each day when I open my eyes
每天我睁开眼睛的时候
I am ready
我都准备好了
for one more ride through this life
在这趟生命之旅中再骑一次
before heading home.
在我回“家”之前
I am not sure
我不知道
how many days, months, or years I have left
自己还剩下多少天,多少个月,抑或多少年
but I am determined
但我决心
to live them all in laughter, love and joy.
要用欢笑,爱和喜悦度过每一天
Life is a glorious adventure .
生命是一次荣耀的冒险
Its most exciting parts, though ,
不过,这旅行中最精彩的时刻
aren’t when you risk your neck.
却不是你差点摔断脖子的时候
They are when you share your heart.
而是你将自己的心意分享出去的时候
May you give your love freely,
愿你能自由的播撒自己的爱
to yourself,
愿你爱自己
and to everyone else.
也爱所有其他的人
May you make your ride through this life
希望你能让自己在这一世的旅行
a joyous one for everyone you can.
让尽可能多的人感到快乐
Healthy Lifestyle 健康的生活方式
一周热词榜(12.23-29)
体坛英语资讯:Crystal Palace end Man Citys 18-match winning run
国内英语资讯:PLA to take on flag guarding, salute cannon duty
国内英语资讯:Economic Watch: Supply-side structural reform gears up for high-quality development
国内英语资讯:Major titles won by Chinese athletes in 2017
国际英语资讯:DPRK says willing to join 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea
国际英语资讯:Intl astronautical congress kicks off in Washington
好莱坞票房遇冷!创22年来最低票房收入
英语美文:所谓情商高,就是相互理解
哈里王子婚礼不请奥巴马?原因你绝对猜不到
普京称圣彼得堡爆炸是恐怖主义行为
国内英语资讯:Xi encourages Chinese students at Moscow University to strive for dreams
上海地铁和阿里合作 引入语音购票及刷脸进站等技术
2017下半年CATTI口译二级真题解析(汉译英第一篇)
幸福是奋斗出来的!习主席新年贺词金句+双语全文
国际英语资讯:Deadly New York fire started by child playing with stove
国内英语资讯:First CPC congress site hosts record number of tourists in 2017
国内英语资讯:Commentary: Xi demonstrates Chinas role as responsible country in New Year address
国际英语资讯:Feature: Enthusiasm for learning Chinese in Japan boosts people-to-people communication
英语美文:瀑布下面的哲理
体坛英语资讯:CBA: Guangdong beat Shanghai, Guangsha trounce Jilin
国内英语资讯:Chinese premier underlines business environment, market order
国际英语资讯:Merkel pledges quick government formation, Germany-France cooperation in new year
国际英语资讯:Bolivias electoral court to resume presidential ballot count
各种远房亲戚用英语怎么说?
英国人听到美式口音什么感觉?
体坛英语资讯:Sao Paulo eyeing permanent deal for Hebei China Fortune midfielder Hernanes
体坛英语资讯:Paraguay midfielder Ortigoza joins Rosario Central
2017下半年CATTI二级口译真题解析(汉译英第二篇)
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |