"Stocking up for Winter?",
囤货过冬?
said the cashier with a smile.
收银员面带微笑的问我
She was looking at my shopping cart
她正看着我的购物车
which was full of toaster pastries
里面装满了做吐司用的面粉
and big boxes of cereal.
还有大盒大盒的燕麦片
I knew that question was coming.
我已然猜到她会这样问我
A little earlier
早一点的时候
I had stopped into the local food pantry
我去了一趟当地的社会福利食堂
to see if there was any small thing that I might contribute.
想要看看,自己能否做出贡献,做一点小小的事情
The shelves held canned vegetables,
食品架上有罐装的蔬菜
canned tuna fish,
还有金枪鱼罐头
boxes of macaroni and cheese,
几盒通心粉和奶酪
and many other things.
以及许多其他的东西
They were short of breakfast foods, though,
不过,早餐的食物供应不足
so I thought I would give what I could.
于是我想,我会奉献出自己所能的力量
I walked into a local store
我走进当地的超市
and started to fill my cart with Pop Tarts
在购物车里装满了果塔饼干
and boxes of Cherrios, and Corn Flakes.
玉米片和玉米麦片
I remembered loving them all for breakfast
我记得自己曾经喜欢所有这些早餐的食物
when I was a hungry, little boy growing up
当我还是一个饥肠辘辘的小男孩,期盼着长大的时候
and I hoped
我希望
what I bought might feed a few hungry, little bellies today.
今天我买的东西也能喂饱那些饿着肚子的小朋友
I smiled back at the cashier
我回给她一个微笑
and said,
并且说到
"It's for the food pantry."
这是为福利食堂买的
I usually tried to get out of the store without mentioning it,
往常,我总会默默的走出超市
because an anonymous act of kindness is the best kind.
因为不留名的善举才是最好的
I didn't want any recognition or praise for what I did.
我不希望因为自己的举动得到大张旗鼓的嘉奖
I had needed to use the food pantries myself
曾经我自己也吃过福利食堂的饭
when I was an unemployed
那时我找不到工作
and struggling young father
初为人父,苦苦挣扎
with a family to feed.
还有一家人要养活
And it felt so right
现在我感到多么幸福
to complete this circle of love
完成了这个爱的环路
and give back to others in need.
回馈爱心给那些有需要的人
I knew too that
我也知道
I was doing what my destiny wanted me to do
我所做的,是我命中注定应该做的事
and that is the only reward any of us ever needs.
知道这一点,是所有人需要的唯一的回馈
Love fills the universe.
宇宙中充斥着爱
It is in every human heart.
它存在于每个人的心中
It is in every act of kindness no matter how small.
爱存在于每一个善举之中,无论这善举多么微不足道
It is a glorious tapestry
这是一个光辉的整体
of which we all are a part.
每个人都是其中的一部分
It is so big that it is beyond comprehension.
它如此浩瀚,超出我们的认知
Still, we are all required to take our place in that tapestry.
但无论如何,我们都被要求成为这个整体的一部分
we are all required to step into the circle of love that never ends.
我们都被要求踏入这永不枯竭的爱的河流之中
we are all required to give, to care, and to share.
我们都被要求去给予,去关怀,去分享
Take your place in the tapestry then.
所以,投入这个生命的整体吧
Be kind.
做善良的人
Be loving.
做充满爱心的人
Help others every chance you can.
只要有机会,就去帮助别人
Become part of something big
成为大整体的一部分
while doing something small.
同时做微小的善事
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题12 交际用语(解析版)
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题10 名词性从句(解析版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题18 完形填空之记叙文(原卷版)
体坛英语资讯:Roger Federer defeats Stan Wawrinka for historic Indian Wells title
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题06 情态动词和虚拟语气(原卷版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题17 阅读新题型(原卷版)
可爱的机械猫耳,督促你纠正不当姿势
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题12 交际用语(原卷版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题21 语法填空(原卷版)
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题09 连词和状语从句(原卷版)
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题07 非谓语动词(原卷版)
The whole of July
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题06 情态动词和虚拟语气(解析版)
外媒看中国:中国整容院承诺给你整成伊万卡
博科娃妇女和女童参与科学国际日致辞
青春,我们
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题01 冠词、名词和主谓一致(原卷版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题07 非谓语动词(解析版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题04 动词和动词短语(原卷版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题19 完形填空之夹叙夹议(解析版)
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题04 动词和动词短语 (原卷版)
近三年高考(2017-2016)英语试题分项版解析:专题04 动词和动词短语(解析版)
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题11 特殊句式(原卷版)
福建省厦门市2017届高三3月质量检测英语试卷
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题06 情态动词和虚拟语气(解析版)
甘肃省天水市、兰州市2017届高三下学期一模考试英语试卷
美参议院将为确认最高法院大法官人选听证
如何为求职面试做准备?
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题08 定语从句(原卷版)
三年高考(2017-2015)英语试题分项精析版:专题05 动词的时态和语态(原卷版)
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |