1. Don't touch Her Maj.
1. 不要碰女王陛下
This rule dates back to Medieval times, when, as historian Kate Williams puts it, "monarchs were divinely appointed to rule by God, so they were kind of seen as gods, so they demanded to be treated as gods."
这一规矩起源于中世纪时期,历史学家凯特•威廉姆斯说,“王室是受了上帝的神圣指派来统治(世界)的,因此,他们从某种程度上就被看做上帝。”
2. Don't show up empty handed
2. 见女王不要两手空空
What do you get the woman who already has everything? Sure, the Queen has several homes full of priceless trinkets, but bringing a gift is a must, E! Online reports.
对于已经什么都不会缺的女王来说,你需要送点什么呢?E! Online报道称,虽然女王拥有许许多多无价的饰品,但是见女王还是必须得带礼物。
This gift must also be appropriate to the occasion. So if she's paying a visit to your hometown or country, something which reflects local culture might go down better than W.H. Smith's vouchers.
礼物必须适合见面的场合。如果女王来参观你的家乡或国家,你用代表当地文化的东西作为礼物比W.H. Smith的优惠券合适多了。
3. Stand to attention
3. 立正
You may be dead on your heavily-bunioned feet - but you should always stand when the Queen enters the room.
可能你的脚已经站到肿痛,但是女王入场时必须得起身。
You may only sit once she's nice and comfy, so keep a close eye on when the Queen sits down herself.
当女王入座时你才可以坐下,所以仔细留意女王是否就座。
4. Don't just twiddle your thumbs
4. 不要只是杵在那玩大拇指
When the Queen is making a beeline for you, or when you're next in the line to meet her, it's important you either bow or curtsy (depending on whether you're a woman or a man).
当女王径直走向你,或者你站在见女王的队列中时,鞠躬或行屈膝礼非常重要(行什么礼取决于你是男是女)。
5. Don't ignore the dress code
5. 不要忽视穿衣规范
Regardless of how late you're running or how tempting it is to stay in your onesie and slanket combo, make sure you dress accordingly when meeting HRH.
不管已经迟了多久,也不管你对自己的连体衣和斗篷多执着,一定确保见女王时着装得体。
If the event is black tie, wear black tie.
如果宴会要求戴黑领带,那么就戴黑领带。
6. Resist the temptation to refer to her by her first name
6. 不要直呼女王的名字
Or, heaven forbid, by a NICKNAME.
千万千万不要提起绰号
While the Royal family may be extremely familiar to us, and while we may have our own nicknames for them, us common folk still aren't on a first name basis with them.
虽然我们非常熟悉王室成员,也给各个王室成员起了绰号,但我们这些平民还是不可以直呼王室成员的名字。
So, when you first meet the Queen she should be addressed as "Your Majesty" and "Ma'am" consequently after.
所以当你见女王时,你需要称呼她“女王陛下”,然后可以称呼“夫人”。
When she leaves, however, you must address her as "Your Majesty" once again.
但当女王离开时,你必须再次称呼她“女王陛下”。
7. Only speak if the Queen speaks to you
7. 女王对你讲话你才可以开口
Remember when you were a small child and all your elders would drop wisdom such as "don't speak unless spoken to first" and "children should be seen and not heard"?
你记得小时候大人总会对你说“别人没和你说话前不要讲话”,“大人在说话,小孩别插嘴”这样的话吗?
The same applies to meeting the Queen.
见女王时也要这样。
This rule exists so Her Royal Highness can control every aspect of the conversation - including exiting it swiftly.
这个规矩使得女王陛下能够掌控谈话——包括迅速结束谈话。
8. Don't eat before she does
8. 女王吃你再吃
No matter how tasty and tempting the banquet morsels spread in front you look, you can only start eating once the Queen does.
在宴会上不管你面前的食物看起来多美味诱人,你都得等女王开始吃你才可以吃。
So perhaps have a quick snack beforehand, in case any speeches go on for a long time.
所以最好在宴会前吃点小点心,以防宴会上的发言时间太久。
Oh, and if she has finished eating, you better be full too.
还有,如果女王吃完了,最好你也吃好了。
浪漫英文情书精选:Good Morning早上好
态度决定一切 Attitude Is Everything
浪漫英文情书精选:Need You With Me需要你爱我
精美散文:让我们撩起生命的波纹
精选英语美文阅读:被忽略的爱 Helpless love
英语美文欣赏:A beautiful song
浪漫英文情书精选:My Heart And Soul我的灵魂
精选英语散文欣赏:平等的爱
精选英语美文阅读::朋友的祈祷
英语晨读:忘忧树
浪漫英文情书精选:Could This Be Real?这是真的吗?
精美散文:爱你所做 做你所爱
英语晨读:潘多拉
诗歌:放慢你的舞步
26个英文字母蕴含的人生哲理
英语美文:艰难岁月也要满怀感恩之心(双语)
最美的英文情诗:请允许我成为你的夏季
英语美文:一双丝袜(有声)
精选英语美文阅读:一封未发出的英文情书《但是你没有》
英语美文:A Psalm of Life 人生礼颂
精选英语美文阅读:假如生活欺骗了你
精美散文:守护自己的天使
生命可以是一座玫瑰花园
英语美文:红色 Red (双语)
双语美文:What are you still waiting for?
浪漫英文情书精选:My Everything我的一切
“母亲”这个伟大的职业(双语)
英语美文:Keep on Singing
如果生命可以重来(双语)
浪漫英文情书精选:Keep You Forever永远温存着你
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |