在我爱人怀孕前,我们就打算进行无痛分娩。但就在预产期前一周,我们才知道甚至没有无痛分娩这个选项。
By Erik Nilsson
“Kill me!” my wife shouted.
“杀了我吧!”我的妻子喊道。
She meant it.
她没有开玩笑。
I could see it in her face.
她的表情告诉我。
She truly wanted to die.
她真的不想活了。
I'd never seen a human suffer so much.
我从未见过一个人会遭受如此巨大的痛苦。
Her body hurt more than ever.
她的痛不欲生。
My soul hurt more than ever.
我的心里则倍受煎熬。
Our son was about to enter this world.
我们的儿子就要来到这个世界上了。
She wanted to exit it.
她却想着要离开。
Anything to stop the pain. Anything.
她想尽快结束这种痛苦,无论用何种手段。
My wife had leapt from her bed and was jumping up and down, thrashing her limbs, howling — her face contorted in a way I'd never seen and haven't since.
我的妻子从床上蹦下来,上蹿下跳,扭动着四肢,疯狂吼叫,我从未在她脸上见过如此扭曲的表情,以前和以后都没有过。
And I never want to.
而且,我也不想看到。
The recent news of a woman who committed suicide in Shaanxi province's Yulin when childbirth became unbearable brought us back to that moment.
近期一则关于陕西榆林孕妇因无法生产忍受痛苦而自杀的资讯将我和妻子又带回了当初她分娩的时刻。
It literally hit home.
这一资讯切中时弊。
The 26-year-old had originally insisted on a natural birth but began to beg for a C-section when the torment of labor became insufferable.
26岁的孕妇原本坚持顺产,但由于无法忍受生产过程的痛苦折磨,因而开始请求剖腹产。
There are questions about responsibility. The woman's family and the hospital offer differing accounts as to who refused her request for the procedure.
孕妇自杀究竟是谁的责任存在质疑。女方家属和医院对谁拒绝了孕妇的请求各执一词。
(Media reports aren't clear as to whether local or spinal anesthesia was an option — and if not, why not.)
(媒体没有明确报道医院是否提供了局部麻醉了,如果没有,那么为什么呢?)
But the point is that pain-free childbirth is indeed rare in the country.
但关键是,无痛分娩在中国确实尚未成熟。
It accounts for 5 percent of births nationwide and about 30 percent in Beijing.
无痛分娩在中国所占比率为5%,在北京比率为30%。
The figure is 85 percent in the United States.
而这一数据在美国为85%。
Guangzhou Women and Children's Medical Center's anesthesia department director, Song Xingrong, tells China Daily four out of five women who come to the hospital are unaware of it.
广州市妇幼保健所麻醉科主任宋兴荣在接受《中国日报》采访时指出,有80%的孕妇来到医院时根本对无痛分娩没有概念。
We learned it often isn't even an option — about a week before Sagan's due date.
大约在萨根的预产期前一周,我们才知道甚至无法选择无痛分娩。
The love of my life and I stood outside a public hospital, holding each other and sobbing.
我和我的爱人在一家公立医院门口,相拥哭泣。
We'd previously arranged for our son to be born at the same private hospital as our daughter. There are various reasons we'd elected public hospitals.
起初,我们打算在此前女儿出生的那家私立医院生下我们的儿子,但后来因为各种原因我们选择了一家公立医院。
One is they informed us there probably wouldn't be an anesthesiologist available.
原因之一是,我们被告知可能会没有麻醉师进行麻醉。
We knew how excruciating birth could be, having already brought our first child into the world.|
我们知道分娩是多么痛苦,因为我们已经有一个孩子了。
The epidural was planned before the pregnancy.
在我爱人怀孕前,我们就打算进行硬膜外麻醉。
But the private hospital dropped us about two weeks before the birth, citing an unrelated health condition my wife has that would in no way affect pain-free childbirth.
但在预产期前两周,那家私立医院以我妻子的健康状况为由将我们打发了。这个不相干的理由对进行无痛分娩毫无影响。
We couldn't hop on a plane to elsewhere by then.
那时,我们根本不可能跳上飞机,飞到别的地方。
So, public hospitals seemed our only choice.
所以,公立医院成为我们唯一的选择。
We were devastated. Horrified. Desperate.
之后,恐惧和绝望就萦绕在我和妻子周围。
Some people can endure giving birth without an epidural.
有些人可以忍受没有硬膜外麻醉的分娩。
My wife knew the stakes.
但我妻子知道那样做的危险。
Fortunately, we found another private hospital that accepted us, last minute. It was expensive. And worth every penny.
幸运的是,我们在最后一刻找到另一家愿意接收我们的私立医院。虽然价钱昂贵,但十分值得。
We cried again. This time, again, for joy.
我们哭了,这一次是喜悦的眼泪。
About a week later, we were sobbing once more.
一周后,我们又一次哭了。
This time, because of my wife's labor pains.
这次,是因为我妻子的痛苦。
At one point, my wife screamed, “If I had a gun ...”
只听我的妻子叫喊道,“如果给我把枪……”
She meant it.
她是认真的。
I could see it in her face.
我可以从她的表情判断出来。
Fortunately, the anesthesiologist arrived. Quickly.
幸运的是,麻醉师很快赶来了。
My wife was able to bear childbirth.
我的妻子得以顺利生产。
Sagan was born in Beijing on Aug 16, 2017.
萨根于2017年8月16日出生在北京。
We cried a final time. A final time, for joy.
那是我们最后一次流泪,感动的眼泪。
音频编辑:焦洁
更多内容请关注“CHINA DAILY”微信公众号:
Broadcaster
Erik Nilsson is an American journalist who has worked in China for over 10 years. His work has won various honors, including the Chinese Government Friendship Award - the highest honor the country bestows on foreigners. He has traveled to every provincial-level jurisdiction except Chongqing and Guangdong, covering such stories as the Wenchuan and Yushu earthquakes, nomadic communities’ development and civil society.
工作做得好不好,爱听表扬怎么办
欧洲打响反夜生活战
台风多发季节:台风天安全指南
别告诉我你懂这些道理:人生道理在职场中的真义
老布什坐轮椅白宫颁奖 脚穿红白条纹袜
IMAX携手韩国同行 于中韩两国影院增设巨幕
为与网店抗衡 实体店通过手机追踪顾客
人人都该学习的12种生活技能 你要学的是哪几种?
印尼省长下令禁雇女秘书防丑闻
配偶影响你对工作的看法
绿色包装的可口可乐阿根廷上市
不可不知的演讲技巧:精彩演讲必学十招
享受美好夏日时光:10个细节这样过夏天
夏日甜点:柠檬蓝莓面包
“棱镜”计划兄弟项目曝光 美监控海底光缆收集情报
失败没什么大不了:五招教你战胜挫败感
老板把好点子据为己有怎么办
旅美大熊猫产下双胞胎 动物园“调包”抚养宝宝
职场课堂:从坏工作中我们能学会什么?
Best Friends Forever: 你找到最好朋友的18种表现
大学里不教但你必须学会的六项本领
低效能人士的七个习惯
韩亚空难理赔地不同 赔偿额可能差百倍
各地广办音乐节,其中不乏生财之道
调查称35岁以上女性71%拒绝姐弟恋 英语两性情感调查
放置大石头的艺术:让你的效率翻倍
斯诺登被推荐为诺贝尔和平奖候选人
西班牙首相乌龙: 列车事故悼词现“甘肃地震”
国际足联公布巴西世界杯票价
10个小测试看看你的身体是否健康
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |