Walmart says it will stop selling electronic cigarettes, at namesake stores and Sam's Club locations. The nation's largest retailer is responding to growing health concerns around vaping, especially among young people.
沃尔玛称其同名店铺和Sam's Club店铺将停止销售电子烟。这家全国最大的零售商此举为了响应越来越多人,尤其是年轻人对电子烟对健康影响的担忧。
Walmart cited "growing federal, state and local regulatory complexity and uncertainty regarding e-cigarettes," saying that its stores will stop selling e-cigarettes once the current inventory is sold.
沃尔玛提到“联邦、州和地方对电子烟监管的复杂性以及不确定性逐渐增加,”并且说所有商店清空库存以后将停售电子烟。
Just on Thursday, U.S. health officials said there are now 530 confirmed or probable cases of lung injury associated with vaping, a jump from 380 cases reported last week. Eight people have died.
就在周四,美国卫生部官员说现在有530例与电子烟有关的确诊或疑似肺损伤病例,上周报告病例为380例。8人已经死亡。
As NPR previously reported, vaping products originally were welcomed by many people as a potentially safer alternative to cigarettes. And while millions of adults have switched from cigarettes, vaping has also attracted a new generation of nicotine addicts.
美国国家公共之声此前报道称电子烟最初作为一种可能更安全的香烟替代品受大众欢迎。数百万成年人已经不再吸香烟,转而吸电子烟。电子烟也吸引了新一代吸烟者。
Between 2017 and 2019 vaping jumped dramatically among high school students, doubling from 11% to 25% of 12th-graders, according to a report out Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.
新英格兰医学期刊周三发表的报告称,2017年至2019年间吸电子烟的高中生人数激增,12年级的学生中吸电子烟人数所占比例翻倍,从11%增长到25%。
The Trump administration has moved toward banning flavored vaping products, and similar bans are already in place in the states of New York and Michigan.
特朗普政府已开始禁止销售有香味的电子烟产品,纽约州和密歇根州也已出台类似禁令。
Earlier this year, Walmart told regulators that it would raise the minimum age for buying tobacco products to 21 and that it would stop selling fruit- and dessert-flavored e-cigarettes. Vaping products are only a part of Walmart's tobacco offerings, which include cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
今年早些时候,沃尔玛对监管机构说会将最低购烟年龄提高至21岁,并停止销售水果味和甜点味电子烟。沃尔玛除了销售电子烟产品外,也销售香烟和无烟烟草。
Pharmacy chains Rite Aid and Walgreens this year also raised the tobacco-buying age to 21. Rite Aid said in April that it would stop selling e-cigarettes and vaping products. CVS stopped selling all tobacco products in 2017.
连锁药店Rite Aid和Walgreens今年也将购烟年龄提高至21岁,四月份Rite Aid表示将停止销售电子烟和电子烟产品。CVS公司(美国最大的药品零售商)在2017年停止销售所有烟草制品。
小学四年级英语作文:我的圣诞节 My Christmas Day
四年级作文:My hobby is lisetening to music
四年级英语作文:暑期难忘的一件事
四年级英语作文:Student of the week
小学四年级英语作文:我的家庭照片 A Photo of My Family
四年级英语作文:Friendship
四年级英语作文:How to improve your English
四年级作文:My dream job
四年级英语作文:My English Teacher
四年级英语作文:We Love Sports
四年级英语作文:This is me
四年级英语作文:The Tree in Front of My House
小学四年级英语作文:动物 Animal
小学四年级英语作文:我们的学校 Our School
四年级作文:animals
四年级英语作文:A Photo of My Family
小学四年级英语作文:I like autumn
小学四年级英语作文:你喜欢我吗?Do you like me?
四年级作文:What is success?
四年级英语作文:I Made a New Friend
四年级作文:How to be a Model Student
四年级英语作文:Glorious teacher
四年级作文:Our School
四年级英语作文:Animals
小学四年级英语作文:生日 Birthday
四年级作文:Do you like me?
四年级英语作文:Birthday 生日
四年级英语作文:My favorite season
四年级英语作文:My New Teacher
小学四年级英语作文:暑期难忘的一件事
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |