When you're married or in a long-term relationship, some things are better left unsaid.
在婚姻或长期恋爱中,有些事最好不要说。
Below, marriage therapists and other experts share 10 phrases and statements to strike from your vocabulary now.
以下是婚姻理疗师和其他专家分享的10条短句或说辞,它们需要从你现在的词汇中划掉。

1. "You never do the dishes. You always just leave them sitting there."
1、“你从不洗餐具。你总是把它们留在那儿。”
Whatever the issue, using accusatory blanket terms like "never" and "always" tends to end the same way every time: with you and your boo engaged in an overblown argument.
无论问题怎么样,每次使用指责性措辞,如“从不”以及“总是”,常常会以同样的方式结束:你和你的嘘声带来过分的争吵。
2. "You sound exactly like your mother."
2、“你听起来跟你妈妈一模一样。”
When arguing, stick to the issue at hand and keep the focus on the two of you. Introducing nasty comparisons to your in-laws is unfair and ultimately a diversion from your problems.
争吵时,就事论事,把注意力放在你们两个人身上。拿姻亲来进行讨厌的比较是不公平的,最终会偏离你们的问题。
3. "You think you're better than everyone else!"
3、“你觉得自己比别人都好!”
Never put words in your partner's mouth. There's no way of knowing what someone is feeling or thinking, so keep the assumptions to yourself.
不要把话强加到你的伴侣身上。你没有办法了解某人的感受或想法,所以自己留着这些假设。
4. "Do I look like I've put on weight?"
4、“我看起来胖了吗?”
Questions about weight or changes in looks are the "oldest grenades in the marriage script".
关于体重或外貌变化的问题是“婚姻生活脚本中最陈旧的手榴弹”。
"What you really mean by asking this is, 'I know I've put on weight. I'm unhappy about how I look and I need you to say that you're OK with my current state.'"
“你问这个问题的真实意图是什么,‘我知道我胖了。我对我的样子感到不快,我需要你告诉我现在的样子就很好。’”
5. "Have you put on a few pounds?"
5、“你胖了吗?”
Blunt, negative remarks to your spouse about his or her appearance are out of line. Unconstructive criticism of physical appearance is painful because you're suggesting that your partner isn't good enough.
对你配偶的外貌给出生硬又负面的评论是不礼貌的。对外貌给出非建设性的批评是令人不快的,因为你在暗示你的伴侣不够好。
6. "You're a horrible parent, breadwinner, lover..."
6、“你是一个可怕的父母、谋生工具、情人……”
Put-downs centered around your spouse’s family or occupational roles are particularly cruel.
以你配偶的家庭或职业角色为中心的贬低行为非常残忍。
Negative statements about our self-identities are devastating. These roles are so important and tender. When they're questioned, we feel completely torn down. It becomes hard to forget statements like this.
针对我们自我身份给出负面的评论是毁灭性的。这些角色那么重要、那么脆弱。当它们被质疑的时候,我们会觉得被完全摧毁了。想忘掉这样的评论会很难。
7. "Ugh, I hate when you do that." (Said in front of friends or family.)
7、“唷!我不喜欢你那么做。”(当着朋友或家人的面说。)
Putting your spouse down in front of others is a huge no-no in a relationship. It causes resentment and a lack of trust.
在其他人面前贬低你的配偶是感情中的大禁忌。它会引起怨恨并会导致信任丧失。
8. "I barely know him — he's just someone I work with."
8、“我不大认识他——他只是我的同事。”
It's almost inevitable that you or your partner will develop a small, innocent crush on someone at some point during your marriage. If that happens, be upfront about it. Don't try to sweep it under the rug with a statement that minimizes your feelings.
在婚姻中的某一时刻,你或你的伴侣几乎不可避免地会对某个人产生轻微的、单纯的好感。如果发生了这样的事,诚实地对待它。不要置之不理并试图用一句话来最小化你的感觉。
9. "You shouldn't feel that way."
9、“你不应该有这样的感觉。”
There's nothing more belittling or condescending than telling your spouse what he should or shouldn't be feeling in any given situation.
在特定的情况下,没有什么比告诉你的配偶他应该或不应该有什么样的感觉更让人觉得你轻视或居高临下地对他了。
Try to understand your partner and be curious about his experience rather than dismissing what you don't understand.
试着理解你的伴侣,对他的经历感到好奇而不是对你不理解的事情不予理会。
10. "Don't wait up for me."
10、“不要熬夜等我了。”
This seemingly innocent remark suggests you're not going to bed at the same time, a habit that can be damaging to your relationship.
这种貌似无辜的言辞暗示你们不会同时上床睡觉,这是一个会伤害你们感情的习惯。
国内英语资讯:Political advisors encourage advancement of overseas economic, trade co-op zones
一句关怀,或许就能救人一命
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Digital economy offers new impetus to western China
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier stresses improvement in rural life
国内英语资讯:China mulls over law protecting patent owners rights
国内英语资讯:Two solar power bases launched in northwestern China
国内英语资讯:Top legislature to review report on combining maternity, basic medical insurance
国内英语资讯:Senior CPC official stresses cultural confidence in fine arts
国内英语资讯:China to ensure 2019 grain output above 600 mln tonnes
国内英语资讯:China to reduce poor population by 10 mln in 2019
国内英语资讯:China to meet growth target for 2018: senior official
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Chinas top legislature wraps up bimonthly session
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor meets with Indian national security advisor
详解詹姆斯所创造的巨大价值
国内英语资讯:Chinas BeiDou officially goes global
国内英语资讯:Taping law enforcement to curb power abuse: vice justice minister
国内英语资讯:Senior legislators study Xis speeches on reform and opening-up, economy
圣诞树上为什么要挂像腌黄瓜一样的小饰品?
苹果公司真要凉凉?德国也颁布了苹果禁售令!
国内英语资讯:Xi addresses New Year gathering
本月寿星看过来:十二月出生的人有这些优势
国内英语资讯:Xi, Trump have telephone conversation, agree to implement consensus in Argentina meeting
国内英语资讯:China to work with Russia to prepare for high-level contact next year
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor meets SCO secretary general
国内英语资讯:China adopts revised civil servant law to facilitate civil service reform
国内英语资讯:Big data, AI help manage traffic in east China city
国内英语资讯:Commentary: Xi-Trump phone talks signal auspicious start for bilateral ties in new year
国内英语资讯:Chinas top legislature reviews multiple reports
国内英语资讯:China spends 6 trillion yuan on medical services from 2013 to 2017
国内英语资讯:Senior CPC official calls for implementation of Xis speech on reform, opening-up
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |