Single or in a relationship — it’s the status that divides society, whether we care to admit it or not.
单身还是恋爱?——无论我们愿意承认与否,这个社会的世俗眼光就是按你是否单身把我们进行归类。
Regardless of which category you fall into, there will always be someone judging your choices. But lucky for you, it’s your life, and other people’s opinions are quite irrelevant.
无论你归为哪类,总有人议论你的选择。不过,还好这是你自己的生活,与别人的意见毫不相干。
At the end of the day, it’s about what you feel, which is why if you choose to be in a relationship, you better make sure it’s a great one.
说来说去,还是要看你自己的感觉,这就是为什么如果你选择恋爱,你最好确定那是个对的人。
Too many people settle because they feel as if that’s what they’re supposed to do.
很多人选择确定关系结婚过日子,只是因为觉得貌似这才是自己应该做的事情。
They put aside their priorities, their feelings, their goals and their dreams just to assuage expectations society has forced upon them.
他们把自己的优先权,自己的感觉,自己的目标,自己的目标放在一边,只是为了迎合社会世俗的偏见看法而已。
How does this make any sense? Shouldn’t you want to be happy on your own? Isn’t it better to be comfortable with who you are than to worry about appeasing someone else?
请问这有什么意义呢?让自己快乐不才是重要的吗?不是让自己舒服比考虑讨好别人更重要吗?
How can you even be in a successful relationship if you aren’t fully secure with yourself?
如果你给不了自己一份绝对的安全感,连自己都保护不了那你怎么能处理好一段婚姻关系呢?
If that wasn’t convincing enough, here are some more reasons it’s better to be single than with a person who doesn’t really understand or appreciate the real you.
如果这还不够有说服力的话,那么下面的理由能说服你选择单身其实要好过凑合一个不了解不欣赏真实的你的人。
You won’t feel bad about your lifestyle choices
自己选择的生活,总是不会觉得糟糕
Wouldn’t you rather spend your time developing yourself rather than defending yourself to someone else?
难道你宁愿不取悦自己而牺牲自己的幸福快乐去迎合别人?
If your partner is committed to misunderstanding you, why are you even with him or her in the first place? That’s just a complete and utter waste of both of your time.
如果你的另一半一直在误会你的话,为什么还要和他或她在一起呢?这样纯属在浪费两个人的青春。
You’re not seeking approval
你不必寻得他人的认可
An unhealthy relationship is one that requires you to seek approval in anything and everything you do.
一段不健康的感情关系就会让你无论做什么事都想寻得支持。
Why do you need approval from a partner in order to pursue any endeavor that’s important to you?
,为什么要通过伴侣的支持,去获得对自己意义重大的努力呢?
You’re not walking on eggshells
你还不至于到了如履薄冰的处境
There’s no worse feeling than being uneasy and uncomfortable around someone you’re in a relationship with.
你在一段恋爱交往关系中感觉不舒服不自在才是自己最糟糕的处境。
Isn’t the entire point of being with someone the fact that you can feel completely confident around him or her?
与对方恋爱交往过程中,你可以感到自信满满不才是最重要的吗?
You don’t have to constantly explain yourself and your decisions
你不必不断地向别人解释自己的所作所为
A decision is a decision, and that’s it. If it’s something you feel strongly enough about, that should be reason enough for your counterpart’s support.
决定就是决定,而且是对的。如果你觉得某件事你需要强大的支持,那也应该来自你的合作伙伴。
Sure, it’s natural to ask questions, but that’s quite different than constantly having to defend yourself.
当然,提问是很正常的,但这与不断不得不捍卫自己完全是两码事。
You don’t question yourself so much
你不会过于怀疑自己
The sign of an unhealthy relationship is one in which you never really feel confident in any decision or thought you make or have.
一段不健康的恋爱关系的一个标志就是你从不会对自己的决定和想法真正有信心。
If you are constantly wondering if you are good enough, then you need to nix the source of these concerns, and if it’s your partner, so be it — you’ll be better off without him or her.
如果你经常考虑自己做得是否够好的话,那么你需要找出这些问题的根源,如果问题出在你的伴侣身上,那你还是放手吧!—没有他/她你会过得更好。
You can say whatever is on your mind without being judged
你可以洒脱地说出自己的想法
Your thoughts, beliefs and ideas are your own, so you should feel free to express them in any manner you deem fit. If someone has a problem with that, he or she can leave.
你的思想、信念和想法是你自己的内心感受,所以你应该以自己认为合适的方式表达自己的感受。如果对方不认同的话,他/她自然就会离开你。
You create your own happiness
自己的幸福自己把握
Your happiness is based solely on you and what you bring to your life.
你的快乐仅仅建立在你自己以及对生活的付出。
It’s not dependent upon another person, especially when that person can’t even understand the choices you make in your life.
你的幸福是完全基于你自己的生活,与他人无关,尤其是当这个人竟然无法理解你对你的生活所做出的选择。
Your life choices are contingent upon you — and only you
你的人生选择只掌握在你的手中
When you’re single, your choices completely revolve around you and what you want to do.
你在单身时,你的选择完全掌控在你自己的手中。
If you’re in an unhealthy and non-understanding relationship, why would you even want to base your choices on someone else?
如果你处于一段不健康对方根本不懂你的交往关系中,你为什么还要在乎别人对自己幸福的看法呢?
You don’t feel constantly disrespected
你不会总觉得自己不受尊重
There is absolutely no reason to keep a person in your life, whether it’s a friend or significant other, who disrespects you.
无论是朋友也好还是对你很重要的人,公不尊重你的话,绝对没有任何理由继续让她/他走入你的生活中。
The only way for relationships to grow and prosper is if there is mutual respect for both parties.
培养和发展一段交往关系的唯一途径在于双方是否互相尊重。
国际英语资讯:1 killed, 13 injured as blast rocks Kabul
乔布斯授权传记将出版 只为儿女了解其一生
福布斯推出最开心品牌榜:苹果排第一
乔布斯秘密遗产:生前已订四年产品计划
最震撼的表演:英国表演艺术家欲在舞台分娩
体坛英语资讯:China eyes clean sweep on trampoline at Tokyo 2020
国内英语资讯:Senior CPC official meets French Communist Party delegation
科学家在月球上发现钛矿
实拍彗星撞太阳 犹如焰火般灿烂
国际英语资讯:Pakistan condemns attack on Afghan political leader
揭开人类记忆的秘密
体坛英语资讯:Zheng Saisai fails to reach 4th round in mixed doubles at Wimbledon
国际英语资讯:Sudans military council, opposition to resume talks
国际英语资讯:Yemens Houthis say launch fresh attack on Saudi Abha airport
12星座学习英语的潜能
国际英语资讯:One dead, 11 injured in NYC shooting
英女子对钱币过敏 购物只好刷卡
体坛英语资讯:Kenyas Chepkirui, Kendagor banned for doping
大本钟要成伦敦斜塔?
国内英语资讯:Experts accuse U.S. of using Xinjiang to interfere in Chinas domestic affairs
《时代》周刊封面上的八个乔布斯
研究发现:银河系中或存在很多地球
《史蒂夫•乔布斯传》未发先红10月24日提前发售
你是哪种人?拿酒杯的姿势出卖了你
索尼推出“口袋里的空调” 再也不怕夏天出门啦!
悼念乔布斯:iSad 我悲伤
美军装备升级 纤维内衣裤护体
黑洞中可能存在超越人类的文明
研究:自私的人更容易当领导
最贵木乃伊在英博物馆沉睡多年
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |