First dates can be awkward, and most people don't know how to act. And if you're going out to dinner, getting the wrong type of food can make everything even more uncomfortable. So here's a suggested list of things you should NOT order on a first date.
第一次约会本就可能会令人尴尬,而大多数人又并不知道该怎么来。如果你约了人共进晚餐,点错菜会让场面更加尴尬。因此为了帮助大家避免出现这样的情况,这里列出了一些食物,第一次约会千万别点这些哦!
1. Spaghetti and Meatballs
意大利面和肉球
Slurping and chewing your long noodles will only add to the awkward pauses in conversation. Red sauce is also notoriously known to splatter; whether it's on your clothes or on your date.
吃出声音咀嚼你碗里长长的面条只会让你们的对话陷入尴尬的沉默。众所周知红色的酱汁经常很容易就会溅出来:无论是溅你身上还是你约会的对象身上。
Alternative: Gnocchi. This small dough dumpling is easy to eat and will save you from a shirt-stain disaster.
备选:意大利土豆丸子。这个小丸子吃起来方便,还不会有弄脏你上衣的危险。
2. Ribs and Wings
排骨和鸡翅
There's a reason why they come served with bibs and towelettes. Don't order anything that requires a lot of man-handling, it's just not attractive.
这些菜送上来的时候常会带有围嘴和小围巾,这是有理由的。不要点任何吃起来要大费周章的菜,因为吃起来一点不迷人。
Alternative: Steak. While it may be on the pricier side, it's neater and easier to eat. So get your meat, but look classy too.
备选:牛排。虽然牛排贵了点,但是它整齐匀称,而且吃起来很方便。所以吃肉归吃肉,但要吃的优雅。
3. Big Leafy Salads
叶子很大片的沙拉
Eating salad takes a long time to chew, and spinach between your teeth has never been a good look.
吃沙拉要花很长时间来咀嚼,而且夹在你牙缝里的菠菜会很难看。
Alternative: Grilled vegetable dish. If you're trying to stay healthy, this meal is easier to eat—with only a slim chance of something getting caught in your teeth.
备选:烤素菜。如果你想吃的健康一点,这个菜就蛮好,吃起来方便,还不会留你牙缝里。
4. Shellfish
贝类
It's difficult to look at someone romantically as you're tearing apart a sea creature with your bare hands.
别人很难含情脉脉地看着你用手扒开海鲜狂啃的吃相。
Alternative: Grilled salmon. This entrée has all the fish flavors you want, and none of the shell-cracking, sauce-splattering you don't want.
可选:烤三文鱼。这道菜不仅满足了你对所有鱼味的要求,还不用你剥壳,也不会有酱汁溅你身上。
5. Beans
豆类
The more you eat ‘em the more you… you get the point. Steer clear of any bean-loaded dishes, as these may upset your stomach and cause gas.
豆子吃的越多就……你懂的。不要点任何有豆类的菜,因为这些菜会让你的胃感到不适,还会产生胃气。
Alternative: Anything with beans probably tastes just as good without them so…
可选:任何菜没有豆类都一样好吃,所以……
6. Spicy Food
辣的食物
If you can handle the heat then good for you, but don't risk it. Spicy foods can cause sweating and watery eyes, and that's just not cute.
如果你吃得了辣那还好,但还是劝你别冒险。辣的食物会让你出汗、流泪,这看起来并不可爱。
Alternative: Ask for a milder option. You'll still get a flavor kick, but you won't be overwhelmed with spice.
可选:要微辣的菜。既能满足你吃辣的欲望,也不会让你被辣翻。
7. Onions or Garlic
洋葱或大蒜
Don't eat anything particularly pungent at the risk of having bad breath for the rest of the night.
别吃任何刺激性味道的食物,免得你整晚有口臭。
Alternative: Nothing. Don't eat it, just don't do it, OK, promise?
可选:没有。别吃就对了,好吗?
8. The Same Thing As Your Date
别点跟约会对象一样的菜
Boringggg. While this isn't the worst thing you could do, why be an unoriginal copy-cat? At least with different dishes, you can talk about your individual meals if the conversation dwindles.
真的真的很无聊。虽然这并不是很糟糕,但是为什么要模仿人家?点不一样的,至少你们快没话聊的时候还能聊聊你们的食物。
Alternative: Don't have what he/she is having.
可选:总之就是不要跟人家点一样的。
9. Anything That's Hard To Pronounce
别点菜名很难发音的菜
Chances are if you're going to a nice restaurant, there's going to be foreign food you can't pronounce. Don't pretend like you know what you're saying if you don't.
如果你去的餐厅高级一点,菜单上很可能会出现你读不出名字的异国菜。如果你对这些菜不了解,千万别不懂装懂。
Alternative: Order something you do know how to pronounce.
可选:点些你知道(怎么发音)的菜。
10. Overly Expensive Items
贵得离谱的菜
Most importantly, don't be like this guy who bought a $3750 bottle of wine at dinner. Whether it's a mistake or not, don't be that jerk.
最重要的是,别像图中这位那样,点个红酒就花了3750刀。不管这是不是误会,总之不要点贵得离谱的菜。
自拍上瘾也是病!英国少年自拍不完美想自杀
脸谱网20亿收购Oculus:我们在购买未来
5个好习惯拥有人人羡慕的好皮肤
国内英语资讯:China to amend laws to further empower local legislatures
只是胖了:女子谎称怀孕数月未被戳穿
国际英语资讯:Explosions occur at ammunition depot in western Iraq
外交官罢工致使以色列大使馆关闭
高蛋白饮食和寿命长短有关系吗
国际英语资讯:DPRK fires 2 unidentified projectiles into East Sea: S.Korea
体坛英语资讯:Napoli join race for Ecuadorian teenager Campana
职场必懂道理 别害怕跟人起冲突
国内英语资讯:Interview: CPC gains intl respect with its achievements, Jordanian party leader says
压力让男性更自我 却让女性更爱社交
国内英语资讯:China Focus: Premier Lis Russia visit to boost bilateral ties
爱情如此简单 爱上某人只需三个原因
路透社:中国赴马来西亚游客人数大幅下滑
奥巴马三保镖因酒醉事件被提前遣返回国
研究:人类大脑能“听出”笑声真假
体坛英语资讯:Aduriz wonder goal kicks off La Liga as Athletic Club beat Barca 1-0
致白领们:你有传说中的下午拖延症吗?
英国大学生脸缠胶带 疯狂自拍照走红
沃尔玛关闭中国门店引发抗议
体坛英语资讯:Bolivia dump coach Villegas after Copa America flop
印度寡妇、离婚和单身女性的生活
10位“最佳雇主”招聘官解读招聘内幕
体坛英语资讯:Barty into semi, Osaka injured at Cincinnati Masters
WHO:2017年全球700万人死于空气污染
米歇尔·奥巴马在北京大学演讲稿
研究:生女儿更可能成为辣妈
中国家长送子女入读英国名校
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |