1.“So are you going to be a teacher?”
“那么,你会在以后选择从事教师职业?”
You’re a math major, are you going to be acalculator?
照这么说,你数学专业毕业的以后就要去做一个计算器咯?
2.“I just really wanted to have a practical major.”
“我真的只想学一门实用的专业。”
You’re right. Words are totally impractical, that’s why nobody uses them.
说的没错!语言这个东西是完全不切合实际的,所以咱们才不会用到它。
3.“So do you just read all the time?”
“那么,你就一直是在读书?”
Precisely. And it’s awesome. I got to make out with Mr. Darcy earlier, what did you do today?
没错!这可是够厉害的了!我今早刚和达西先生共度了美好时光,你今天都干了些什么?
4.“I like to read too, I just wish I had the time.”
“我也喜欢读书,可是我真希望自己能有充足的时间。”
Yes, I’m an English major because I just didn’t have anything better to do.
嗯,我就因为是主修英语的所以才没有什么别的事儿可干。
5.“I wanted to major in English but my parents would have killedme.”
“我想研读英语专业,但是我父母会为此杀了我的!”
Yeah, my parents considered murdering me, but I guess they decided that doing what I love while pursuing a degree probably isn’t the worst offense.
呵呵,我爸妈也曾经想杀了我,可我估计他们认为我能边学我喜欢的东西还能顺便得到一个学位,这也并不是一个差主意。
6.(On a date): “Are you going to put this in your book?
(约会中……)“你准备把这个场景写进你的书中吗?”
Don’t flatter yourself.
别王婆卖瓜自卖自夸了好吗?!
7.“But, like, what’s thepointof poetry?”
“但是,比如说,这首诗的意义是什么?”
I don’t know, what’s the “point” of life?
我不知道诶,那你知道生活的“意义”又是什么吗?
8.“It must be so nice having a light course load.”
“这么轻的课程负担一定很棒吧?
Try carrying my backpack.
你拎拎我的背包试试!
9.“So are you one of those hipsters that smokes cigarettes and drinks black coffee all day?”
“所以你就是那些整天抽烟、喝黑咖啡的嬉皮士?
I’m an English major, not a film noir character.
我是英语专业的!不是什么黑色电影的主角!
10.“Me and Sarah — sorry,Sarah and I… You must be a total grammar Nazi.”
“我和莎拉——不对,是莎拉和我……你肯定是一个“语法纠正狂”
Don’t worry, I only judge you on the inside.
放心~我只会在心里默默纠正你的。
11.“Oh, creative writing? Sometimes I write for fun too!”
“哇,创意写作?有时候我也喜欢写点东西找找乐子。”
Yeah, trying to plumb the depths of the human condition is a real walk in the park. I like to do it in my spare time too.
对啊,尝试探索人的处境深处就像在公园里散个步一样轻松。我也喜欢在闲暇时光做点写作哦~
12.“I’ve been up all night, this problem set is killing me. It must beso niceto just write an essay.”
“整夜睡不着觉,这问题快把我折磨死了。你们专业只用写一篇论文肯定是一件很惬意的事吧。”
It must beso niceto have a major where there are right answers.
有一个永远都能得出正确答案的专业才是一件很惬意的事情吧!
13.“So are you applying to law school?”
“那么,你要申请去法学院学习了?
No... are you?
才不呢……你呢?
14.“I’m so excited for my humanities requirement! I really need a break.”
“我的人文学科程要求真的是太让我振奋了!我需要喘口气儿缓一会……”
Totally! Try ENGL312: Queer and Marxist Critical Readings of Beowulf. Easy A.
真的是!!用同性恋和马克思主义批判方法解读贝奥武夫。轻轻松松论文拿到A!
注:贝奥武夫(Beowulf):英国无名氏所作的一部古老史诗中的传奇英雄。贝奥伍尔弗杀死妖怪格伦德尔及妖怪的母亲,成为耶牙特的国王,最后死于与一条龙的争斗中。)
15.“A humanities degree in this economy? Do you ever regret that?”
“想在这种经济形势下拿到人文学科的学位?你曾经后悔这么做么?”
I tend not to regret the things that give my life meaning.
我才不会后悔这些赋予了我生命意义的事情。
16.“But, like, what are you going to do for money?”
“但是,照这么说,你是为了钱才这么做的?
I don’t know, it’s a really tough economy. The only jobs left for me are the ones that can’t be done by machines.
我不知道,经济真的是太艰难了。我唯一能干的工作就是那些无法被机器取代的事儿了。
17.“Could you edit my [cover letter, essay, email to my grandma]?”
“你能帮我编辑求职信、散文以及给我奶奶发一封邮件吗?”
Sorry, I have no employable skills with which to do that.
抱歉啦,我还没有技能去做这些琐事。
牛津小学一年级英语Unit5 Fruit教案(五个课时)
一年级英语上册教案 Unit1My classroom 第三课时
沪教版小学英语一年级下册教案unit1课时6
新起点小学一年级英语下册Unit11 Toys教案
牛津版一年级英语上册unit5 Fruit教案(3)
沪教牛津版小学英语一年级上册 unit9 教案
上海牛津版一年级英语下册Unit9 Revision第二课时教案
沪教牛津版小学英语一年级上册 Unit 8 教案
牛津版一年级英语上册unit5 Fruit教案(1)
一年级英语上册教案 Unit 1 第二课时
一年级英语下册Unit2 Small animals第三课时教案
上海版牛津一年级英语教案 Unit 3 My abilities
一年级英语上册教案 Unit 1 Period 1
上海牛津版一年级英语Unit3 This is my mum教案
牛津版小学一年级英语上册Unit1 Hello教案
沪教版小学英语一年级下册教案unit1课时2
小学一年级英语下册Unit2 Small animals教案1
上海牛津版一年级英语下册Unit2 Small animals教案
外研版一年级英语上册教案Unit1 Hello
沪教牛津版小学英语一年级上册 Unit3 period2教案
牛津版一年级英语上册Unit 2 Good morning 教案
沪教牛津版小学英语一年级上册 Unit3 period1教案
一年级英语上册Unit8 Playtime 第三课时教案
沪教版小学英语一年级下册教案unit1单元分析
上海牛津版一年级英语下册教案Unit9 Revision(3)
牛津版一年级英语上册教案Unit4 My bag第一课时
一年级英语教案Module1 unit6 Mid-Autumn Festival
沪教版小学英语一年级下册教案unit1课时3
一年级英语上册教案Unit1 My classroom第一课时教案
沪教版小学英语一年级下册教案unit1课时5
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |