What is that one thing that changed your personality?
哪件事改变了你的性格?
获得26.8k好评的回答@C. L. Hesterman:
At ten years old, I was falsely accused by a teacher of leaving a jump rope on the play ground. She assigned me the outrageous punishment of writing 5000 sentences. I refused.
10岁时老师冤枉我把跳绳落在操场上,竟然罚我写5000个句子,我没同意。
She sent me to the principal’s office. He used a wooden paddle and beat my buttocks and back of legs 10 times.
她把我送到校长室,校长用木板打了我屁股和腿后面10下。
I’ll never forget the smile on his face as he told me to bend over.
我永远不会忘记让我弯腰时他脸上的笑。
I’ll never forget the agony of not being able to sit down.
我永远不会忘记那种坐不下的疼。
I’ll never forget the look on my mom’s face when she saw my naked butt on the way to the shower; black and blue from the butt to the back of the knee.
我永远不会忘记我妈妈带我去淋浴时看见我光着的屁股时脸上的表情,从屁股到膝盖后面青一块紫一块。
She left it to my dad to deal with who only stated that I needed to learn how to avoid trouble.
她把这件事交给我爸爸处理,爸爸只说我要学会怎样避免麻烦。
I went from a happy school boy to an absolute terror.
我从一个快乐的小学生变成了一个十足的混混。
I learned to evade teachers and anyone else in authority.
我学会了躲着老师和其他掌权者。
I played pranks on teachers, let the air out of teachers' car tires, etc.
我对老师做恶作剧,给老师的轮胎放气。
On days when I knew I would be caught, I wore two pairs of pants and as much underwear as possible.
如果哪天我知道自己会被抓住,就会穿两条裤子,尽可能多穿内裤。
I would fake the cry when paddled then give my school mates a smirk as I came out of the office.
被打时我会装哭,然后走出办公室时对其他学生露出得意的笑。
This was at a religious school. The paddling woke me to the fact that these religious authority figures were tyrants. I became an agnostic.
那就发生在教会学校,被打使我认清了一个事实,这些教会的领导都是暴君,我变成了一个不可知论者。
I didn’t learn to be care-free and happy again until I had children of my own. They taught me how to laugh again.
我再也没学会无忧无虑和快乐,直到自己有了孩子。孩子们使我再次学会了笑。
获得3.8k好评的回答@Yvette Villeneuve:
I was extremely shy most of my early years. I wouldn’t even look up most of the time. Eye contact was extremely difficult.
我小时候一直特别害羞,大多数时候甚至都不抬头,眼神接触对我来说极其困难。
When I was 16 my sister and I were cruisin’ Nevada Avenue, she forced me to talk to the guys in the cars next to me by telling me that if I didn’t talk to them, she was going to yell “she loves you!” I didn’t believe her, but then she did it!
16岁时姐姐和我正在内华达大道上走,她逼我去跟旁边车里的男孩儿说话,要是我不去她就会大喊“她爱你!”我不信,她就真喊了!
I was mortified! Yikes!
我无地自容了!哎!
So then the next time she said, talk to him or else, I did!
所以后来她再让我去跟男孩或别人说话,我都照做!
I just said “hi” and they were friendly and said “hi” back. From then on it was easy!
我就只说“嗨”,他们都很友好地回一句“嗨”。
So then it went from just cruisin’ to me saying hi at school. Then I got brave at work.
从那以后一切都变得容易了!我不再只走路,在学校会跟别人打招呼,后来工作上也变勇敢了。
From then on, I could look people in the eye and speak to them.
从那以后,我跟别人说话时会看着他们的眼睛。
Now, I’m not afraid of people’s opinion of me at all.
现在我一点都不害怕别人对我的看法。
I just love being friendly!
我很喜欢友善的感觉!
体坛英语资讯:Review: Liverpool march on as Man City miss Laporte in Premier League
国内英语资讯:China, Nepal upgrade ties
体坛英语资讯:Zamalek lift Egypt Cup after penalty shootout with Smouha
国际英语资讯:Peace requires political will, courage from all sides: UN deputy chief
国际英语资讯:Ahead of World Food Day, Italy PM backs project promoting sustainable farming in Africa
国际英语资讯:ASEAN agriculture, fisheries cooperation helps Brunei diversify economy: minister
大码衣服就更贵?这个英国品牌被抨惨了
你知道吗?为什么鼻子每次只堵一边?
国际英语资讯:Spain approves measures to mitigate effects of Thomas Cook bankruptcy
滴滴出行公布顺风车整改措施 暂定夜间接单
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's romance 哈里王子和梅根·马克尔的爱情之旅
Bleed someone dry “放干某人的血”其实是“榨干钱财”的意思
国际英语资讯:Plane crashes near Havana with 104 passengers on board
Fake, counterfeit and bogus 三个表示“假”的形容词
国际英语资讯:2 dead, 70 injured as Typhoon Hagibis makes landfall on Japans Izu Peninsula
体坛英语资讯:Preview: Age and balance to decide FIBA World Cup title match
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier calls for high-quality development of Xiongan New Area
2019年12月四级作文常考话题及模板:非物质文化遗产
刚果民主共和国埃博拉疫情蔓延
只因一个小数点 印度男子却因此自杀
国际英语资讯:Armed student opens fire in U.S. high school, killing 10 people
国际英语资讯:Putin urges U.S. to support extending nuclear arms reduction treaty
体坛英语资讯:CSL roundup: Henan Jianye beat lethargic Hebei China Fortune 4-1
你听到的是Yanny还是Laurel?正确答案来了!
国内英语资讯:Chinese president meets BFA Chairman Ban Ki-moon
国际英语资讯:Erdogan says Turkish forces to push 30-35 km into Syrian territory
The Opening Ceremony of Sports Meeting 运动会开幕式
洗衣服挂衣服很简单?方法不当可能毁掉你的美衣
国际英语资讯:Macron, Merkel call for end to Turkish offensive in north Syria
防晒霜到底怎么选?看完这篇科普再也不迷茫了
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |