It was a sweltering Spring day.
那是春季的一个闷热的日子
The temperatures felt more like July than May.
气温让人感觉仿佛是在七月,而不是五月
A thunderstorm had passed over earlier
早些时候下过一阵暴雨
but now the clouds were clearing
可现在天上的乌云都散开了
and the sun had returned.
太阳又露出头来
Steam was coming off the wet sidewalk
水汽从潮湿的人行道上蒸发起来
as I parked my car next to the meter
我把车停在一个计费器旁边
and tossed a quarter into it.
往机器里面投了一个硬币
I headed into the local thrift store to buy my son a shirt.
接着我走进当地的一家折扣商店,想给我儿子买一件衬衣
The air conditioning in there was a welcome relief from the heat outside.
空调的冷气对我表示了欢迎,终于逃脱了室外的热气,我感到一阵松快
After I made my purchase
买完东西
I walked back out into the heat.
我走出商店,又回到太阳的炙烤之下
I got in my car but had to wait to pull out
我上了车,却还不能上路
because of all the cars lined up at the red stop light.
因为那时正好红灯亮了,所有的车都在排队等候
I looked out of my car window
我从车窗向外望去
and saw something on the pavement .
在人行道上看到了什么东西
A single butterfly was frantically fluttering its wings
那是一只小蝴蝶,孤孤单单的,正发疯似的闪动着翅膀
but not getting off the ground.
却无法从地面上飞起来
It was right in front of a truck's tire too.
更可怕的是,在它面前就是一辆卡车的巨大车轮
Without thinking I got out of my car,
我毫不犹豫的走下车
held my hand up so the truck driver wouldn't move forward,
一手挡在卡车前面,这样司机就不会再前进了
and bent down to look at the butterfly.
接着我弯下腰去查看那只蝴蝶
One of its legs was stuck in what looked like spilt soda.
我发现它的一条腿陷进了水洼里,看上去有点像洒出来的苏打水
I reached down
我伸出手去
and gently as I could cupped the butterfly in my hands.
尽可能温柔的将蝴蝶捧在手中
I lifted its leg up
我托起它的腿
and suddenly it was free.
忽然间,它自由了
I opened my hands
我张开双手
and up it flew towards the shining sun.
它朝灼亮的太阳飞去
My own eyes shined brighter
而我的目光似乎比太阳更加灼亮
and my own heart felt lighter as I watched it.
我看着它飞走,心里感到轻快了不少
Now a lot of people might wonder
也许有许多人会感到不解
why I would step out into traffic like that
为什么我会特意下车挤进车流
to rescue a single butterfly.
就为了去救一只小小的蝴蝶
All I can say is that my heart was guiding me at that moment.
我只能说,那一刻,我的内心正在谴责自己为什么还不去救它
And when I was done I felt more like my true self than I had all day.
当我救了那只蝴蝶以后,我感到自己比任何似乎更像我自己
The truth is the closer you are to the Earth,
事实上,你越是附身贴近大地
the closer you come to Happiness.
你就越靠近幸福
The more love that you share on this Earth,
你在大地上播撒的爱意越多
the more love you take with you to Eternity .
你也会收获越多的爱,它们是你永远的宝藏
Fill your days with grace, goodness, and love then.
让你的每一天充满感恩,充满善意,充满关爱吧。
And your heart will feel as light as a butterfly.
你的心会如蝴蝶般翩翩飞起。
繁琐的文化规范
《舌尖上的中国2》被指抄袭BBC纪录片
外媒看中国:中国婚礼上少不了的金饰
男人的衣柜:15个保养男式衣物的小窍门
为什么宝宝都爱躲猫猫
奥巴马:如果普京溺水 我绝对会救他
这辈子你富不起来的十大原因
逼婚不止中国有 美国老人也盼着抱孙子
印尼高级将领怒吼:我的高级手表是中国产假货
38岁最胖女人获真爱 为婚礼能跳舞而减肥
睡觉的时候,动物们都做什么梦?
美国蒙面男持土豆抢劫 抢得20元假钞
爱担心VS.乐天派:忧虑来袭时,教你11招
美国3名女同性恋结婚 3人家庭将迎新成员
舌尖上的中国为何这么火?
机智!女童借与米歇尔见面机会递父亲简历
求职必知:电话面试制胜七招
“岁月号”沉船打捞出遗体 学生曾试图逃生
选择伴侣的一些重要建议
成功人士在午餐时间会做的10件事
男童遭绑架连唱3小时圣歌 逼疯绑匪被释放
《时代》百位年度最具影响力人物榜单出炉
内地孩童香港当街小便事件引热议
7种运动塑造完美身形
外媒看中国:迎外宾,中国人苦练微笑
人工培育肌肉组织研究获重大进展
英媒评出十佳亚洲小说 《红楼梦》居首
九大事实为证:传统的性别角色?胡扯!
给爱旅游的你:穷游欧洲的实用小贴士
美国全职妈妈所占的比例稳步上升
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |