It was a sweltering Spring day.
那是春季的一个闷热的日子
The temperatures felt more like July than May.
气温让人感觉仿佛是在七月,而不是五月
A thunderstorm had passed over earlier
早些时候下过一阵暴雨
but now the clouds were clearing
可现在天上的乌云都散开了
and the sun had returned.
太阳又露出头来
Steam was coming off the wet sidewalk
水汽从潮湿的人行道上蒸发起来
as I parked my car next to the meter
我把车停在一个计费器旁边
and tossed a quarter into it.
往机器里面投了一个硬币
I headed into the local thrift store to buy my son a shirt.
接着我走进当地的一家折扣商店,想给我儿子买一件衬衣
The air conditioning in there was a welcome relief from the heat outside.
空调的冷气对我表示了欢迎,终于逃脱了室外的热气,我感到一阵松快
After I made my purchase
买完东西
I walked back out into the heat.
我走出商店,又回到太阳的炙烤之下
I got in my car but had to wait to pull out
我上了车,却还不能上路
because of all the cars lined up at the red stop light.
因为那时正好红灯亮了,所有的车都在排队等候
I looked out of my car window
我从车窗向外望去
and saw something on the pavement .
在人行道上看到了什么东西
A single butterfly was frantically fluttering its wings
那是一只小蝴蝶,孤孤单单的,正发疯似的闪动着翅膀
but not getting off the ground.
却无法从地面上飞起来
It was right in front of a truck's tire too.
更可怕的是,在它面前就是一辆卡车的巨大车轮
Without thinking I got out of my car,
我毫不犹豫的走下车
held my hand up so the truck driver wouldn't move forward,
一手挡在卡车前面,这样司机就不会再前进了
and bent down to look at the butterfly.
接着我弯下腰去查看那只蝴蝶
One of its legs was stuck in what looked like spilt soda.
我发现它的一条腿陷进了水洼里,看上去有点像洒出来的苏打水
I reached down
我伸出手去
and gently as I could cupped the butterfly in my hands.
尽可能温柔的将蝴蝶捧在手中
I lifted its leg up
我托起它的腿
and suddenly it was free.
忽然间,它自由了
I opened my hands
我张开双手
and up it flew towards the shining sun.
它朝灼亮的太阳飞去
My own eyes shined brighter
而我的目光似乎比太阳更加灼亮
and my own heart felt lighter as I watched it.
我看着它飞走,心里感到轻快了不少
Now a lot of people might wonder
也许有许多人会感到不解
why I would step out into traffic like that
为什么我会特意下车挤进车流
to rescue a single butterfly.
就为了去救一只小小的蝴蝶
All I can say is that my heart was guiding me at that moment.
我只能说,那一刻,我的内心正在谴责自己为什么还不去救它
And when I was done I felt more like my true self than I had all day.
当我救了那只蝴蝶以后,我感到自己比任何似乎更像我自己
The truth is the closer you are to the Earth,
事实上,你越是附身贴近大地
the closer you come to Happiness.
你就越靠近幸福
The more love that you share on this Earth,
你在大地上播撒的爱意越多
the more love you take with you to Eternity .
你也会收获越多的爱,它们是你永远的宝藏
Fill your days with grace, goodness, and love then.
让你的每一天充满感恩,充满善意,充满关爱吧。
And your heart will feel as light as a butterfly.
你的心会如蝴蝶般翩翩飞起。
幼升小毕业典礼两6岁男孩拥抱大哭
家长必知:如何营造家庭英语环境
孩子暑期要过好,家长先备课
选择少儿英语培训班 要多听多对比
适龄儿童入学扎堆,教育资源如何分配?
“幼升小”暑假必须学拼音? 专家:拔苗助长没有必要
专家解读:政府制定入学政策应考虑城市承载力
培养孩子英语需要在生活中巩固
怎样制作一个暑假学习计划
父母需知:给孩子讲故事有益成长
妈妈养育双语宝贝经验分享
幼儿园杜绝小学化倾向
北京史家小学开设星期六课程
义务教育阶段体育课时普涨 小学初中增加体育课
成都:幼儿园教师5年培训不少于360学时
北京推广形体干预课 写字握笔太低是最大问题
上不上培训班 孩子无力否决 大人也很纠结
北京大兴区开办两所全日制公办小学
单独二孩政策将启 幼儿园准备好了吗?
升学季衔接班 家长一掷数万元
北京市23所高校签署协议参与中小学薄弱校办学
家长必读:科学暑假计划分享
幼升小:入学、户籍、孩子、房子!
上海总结“零起点” 35所学校亮招数
孩子听力练习越早外语越强
北京未报上名儿童获邻校预留学位
学以致用:怎样更好的和外国人交谈?
北京幼升小证件材料审核严格 家长没吃透政策
宝宝学美语的优势在哪里?
学前教育财政投入5年间增近5倍
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |