As a former pack-a-day smoker, I can tell you that smoking is enjoyed by many. So long in fact, most smokers do not quit, at least not forever. Here are more smokers facts, just in case you're thinking of picking up the habit.
以前的我一天一包香烟,所以我知道很多人都喜欢抽烟。事实上,大多数吸烟者不会戒烟,至少做不到再也不抽。下一次你想抽烟的时候,想想这些鲜为人知的抽烟事儿吧!
Smokers on average live 10 years less than non-smokers.
抽烟者比不抽烟者平均少活10年。
Tobacco is the leading cause of preventable death in the world.
烟草是全世界可预防性死亡的主要原因。
Cigarettes are the leading cause of fire death in the US.
在美国,香烟是造成火灾导致死亡的主要原因。
When you smoke a cigarette, most people inhale only 1 milligram of nicotine. For some people, that is all it takes to become addicted.
抽烟时,大多数人只会吸入1毫克的尼古丁。但对有些人而言,1毫克足以使他们上瘾。
Smoking can cause cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and lung diseases like emphysema, bronchitis, and chronic airway obstruction.
抽烟会导致癌症、心脏病、中风、糖尿病,以及肺气肿、支气管炎和慢性气道堵塞等肺部疾病。
The World Health Organization says there are 1.1 billion smokers in the world today. They say that number will be more like 1.6 billion by 2025.
世界卫生组织表示,全世界有11亿人抽烟,并表示到2025年,将会有16亿人抽烟。
Eight in 10 people with emphysema smoke cigarettes.
肺气肿患者中,十分之八的人抽烟。
Smoking causes 1 in 5 deaths in the United States every year.
在美国,吸烟导致的死亡事件占五分之一。
Tobacco causes 480,000 deaths per year in the US.
在美国,烟草每年造成48万人死亡。
Smokers are three times as likely to die from a heart attack than non-smokers.
抽烟者死于心脏病的可能性是不抽烟者的三倍。
The World Health Organization claims that half of all smokers will die as a result of tobacco use.
世界卫生组织声称,一半的抽烟者会因为吸烟而亡。
China alone is home to more than 300 million smokers. They consume 1.7 trillion cigarettes every year, also known as three million cigarettes per minute.
仅中国就有3亿多人抽烟。他们每年的吸烟量为1.7万亿根香烟,也就是说,中国人每分钟消费300万根香烟。
When you smoke a cigarette, nicotine reaches your brain within 10 seconds. Nicotine has been found in every part of the body and in breast milk.
抽烟时,尼古丁会在10秒内抵达大脑。吸烟者身体的每一部分以及母乳中都已发现尼古丁。
41,000 deaths each year in the United States is from secondhand smoke.
在美国,每年有4.1万人死于二手烟。
Children who smoke are more than 15 times likely to go on to narcotic drugs than non-smokers.
青少年时期吸烟导致成年后吸食致幻毒品的可能性是不抽烟者的15倍。
1 in every 3 cigarettes smoked globally is in China.
全球范围内,三分之一的香烟消费源于中国。
Smoking kills more than AIDS, alcohol, motor vehicles, homicide, illegal drugs, and suicide combined.
吸烟导致的死亡人数超过由于艾滋病、饮酒、汽车、蓄意杀人、非法毒品和自杀而亡的人数总和。
Each cigarette is made with more than 20% sugar, a little known fact. And also something that most diabetics don't know, but hence the warning against people with diabetes not to smoke.
每根香烟含20%以上的糖,这一点鲜为人知。大多数糖尿病患者并不知道这一事实,这也正是糖尿病患者被告诫不要吸烟的原因。
How do you make a banana milk shake课件4
高三英语选修八单元考点复习课件18
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测25
高三英语选修八单元考点复习课件19
How do you make a banana milk shake课件7
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测6
高三英语选修八单元考点复习课件2
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测4
How often do you exercise课件1
What were you doing when the rainstrom came教案3
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测23
2017届中考英语语法考点复习精讲检测题3
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测7
2017届中考英语语法考点复习精讲检测题7
Do you want to watch a game show课件6
How do you make a banana milk shake课件3
2016-2017学年高二英语上册单元语言点检测题18
Do you want to watch a game show课件8
2017届中考英语语法考点复习精讲检测题1
2017届中考英语语法考点复习精讲检测题8
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测5
Do you want to watch a game show课件5
Why don’t you talk to your parents教案5
Why don’t you talk to your parents教案9
2017届中考英语语法考点复习精讲检测题4
How do you make a banana milk shake课件8
My first day at Senior high学案6
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测24
Why don’t you talk to your parents教案8
2017届中考英语考点跟踪突破检测8
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |