练习英语口语就要多学多练多运用,想象两个人如果是不同国界的,他们直接会谈论什么话题呢?今天查字典英语小编给大家带来英语情景对话:跨国交谈。一起来看看吧!
英语情景对话:跨国交谈
AMatthew, do you know much about body language in countries around the world?
马修,你了解世界各国的肢体语言吗?
BSure, I've picked up a few things from travelling around for work. Why?
当然。我工作中有很多出差的机会,了解到一些这方面的知识。怎么了?
AWell, I had a meeting today with a woman from Japan and she wouldn't stop bowing! I didn't know what to do!
好哎,我今天参加了一个会议,会上有个日本女子总是不停地鞠躬?我不知道该怎么办!
BDid you bow back?
你也鞠躬回礼了吗?
ANo, I tried to shake her hand, but her hand was so limp I was a bit offended.
没有,我试着和她握手,但是她的手软弱无力,弄的我都有点不高兴了。
BWell, Japanese businessmen and women typically bow to greet each other in Japan. She might have been offended by your strong handshake.
哦,在日本,谈生意的人无论男女一般都会互相鞠躬致意。你握手那么用力她很可能因此而有点不愉快。
ABut she was in America! Shouldn't she have known that strong handshakes in America signify confidence and respect?
但她这是在美国!难道她不知道,在美国用力握手意味着信任和尊重吗?
BThings are different in Japan. You know, in some countries, making eye contact with others is considered rude.
这跟日本的习俗完全不同。你知道吗,在有些国家,直视对方的眼睛被认为是无理的举动
AIs that why she wouldn’t look at me in the meeting?
这就是她为什么在开会时一直不看我的原因吧?
BI think it's highly possible, yes.
我觉得很可能是这个缘故。
AThe meeting really didn’t go down well at all. I think I need to read up about intercultural communication before I have another meeting with someone from another country.
这次的会晤进行得非常不顺利。我想下次再出席类似这样有外国人参加的会议之前,一定要熟知一些有关跨文化交流方面的知识。
BThat's a good idea. When you don’t know much about other cultures, the simplest thing can offend someone.
这是个好主意。当你对另一种文化缺乏了解的时候,即使是最简单的举止也会冒犯到别人。
AThat's so true. It's great that we see eye to eye on this.
一点没错。真高兴咱俩对这件事情看法一致。
上一篇: 英语情景对话:介绍和开场白
下一篇: 英语情景对话:这道菜很辣