我眼下没有工作。
I’m out of work at the moment.
(我眼下没有工作。)
What are you doing every day?
(那你每天在做什么?)
out of work “失业”。at the moment “ 目前”。
I don’t have a job at the moment.
I’m not working right now.
right now “现在”。
我正在找工作。
Are you working right now?
(你现在工作了吗?)
No, I’m between jobs.
(没有, 我正在找工作。)
这句话意思是“我辞掉了工作, 现在正在找新的工作”, 也就是说“我现在不上班”, 直译是“我在工作和
工作之间”。between 意思是“在……之间”。
I haven’t found a new job yet.
(我还没有找到新的工作。)
find “寻找”。yet “还”。
I’m looking for a new job.
(我正在找新的工作。)
be looking for ... “正在寻找……”。
我想换个新工作。
I want a new job.
(我想换个新工作。)
That’s easy enough to accomplish.
(那太容易实现了。)
job “工作”。
accomplish “完成”。
I wish I had a new job.
(要有份新工作就好了。)
I need a new job.
你怎么找到你的新工作的?
How did you find your new job?
(你怎么找到你的新工作的?)
I answered a newspaper ad.
(通过报纸上的广告。)
find “找到”。
ad指advertisement, “广告”。
How did you find out about your new job?
find out “找出”。
How did you discover this job opening?
discover “发现”。opening “空缺”。
我需要积累经验。
Why are you looking for another job?
(你为什么要找别的工作?)
I need to gain experience.
(我需要积累经验。)
gain “获得”、 “取得”。experience “经验”。
I need more experience.
(我需要更多的经验。)
I need to get more experience.
(我需要积累更多的经验。)
上一篇: 职场英语学习:介绍新老板
下一篇: 职场英语学习:生物科技等词的口语表达