Reacting to news:上一节学习的是发生了不幸的是,比如对方的亲人生病住院啊去世等等,这一节学习假如对方发生了比较糟糕,另人沮丧的事,亨利考试没通过,克莱尔安慰他,但是亨利还是很沮丧,于是克莱尔答应帮助他。请看下面的英语对话。
Clare: Hi, Henry. How are things?
克莱尔:嗨,亨利,近来好吗?
Henry: Oh...Just so so...How about you?
亨利:哦,就那样吧。你呢?
Clare: Ok... Nothing special. But you look really worried. Is there anything wrong?
克莱尔:哦,没什么特别的。但你看起来很忧虑,出什么事儿了?
Henry: Yeah, I just got back the results on the exam. I can't believe it! I did terribly. I don't know what happened.
亨利:是的,我刚拿回来考试的成绩。我真不敢相信!我做得遭透了。我不知道怎么会这样。
Clare: Look, Henry, that's not surprising. It happens to a lot of people. Don't worry about it.
克莱尔:看,亨利,那没什么大不了的,很多人都遇到过,别难过。
Henry: Don't worry about it? How can you say that? I can't apply to college with a score like that! I have to take the exam over.
亨利:不要难受了?你怎么能这样说?我总不能拿这样的分数申请大学吧。我必须通过这个考试。
Clare: Listen, if it makes you feel any better, I went through the same thing.
克莱尔:听我说,我遇到过同样的情况,如果这样能使你觉得好受一点的话。
Henry: You did? You mean you got terrible results the first time?
亨利:你?你的意思是说你头一回也考得很糟?
Clare: Yeah. Look, you have to practice these tests. You have to get used to the type of questions. It's just practive, believe me.
克莱尔:是的。你看,对付这种考试,你需要练习,熟悉题型。相信我,你需要的只是训练。
Henry: But I still feel really depressed.
亨利:但我还是感到很沮丧。
Clare: How about if I help you?
克莱尔:我帮你怎么样?
Henry: Gee, that would be great.
亨利:耶,那太棒了。
华为计划在诺基亚后院扩张业务
罗尔斯·罗伊斯可能被提起公诉
瑞银寻求就Libor操纵指控达成全球和解
制造业崇拜的愚蠢
Find Thyself
英美身份认同的差异
Relish the Moment
Peeling Away Artifice For the Pure Original
墨西哥拟在能源业引入私人投资
The wholeness of life
伊朗称捕获一架美国无人机
克里斯蒂:打造尽善尽美的电梯系统
Suffering is Self-Manufactured 痛苦源于自身
美联储量化宽松政策的另一个好处
Never Too Old to Live Your Dream
中概股“看门人”受调查
Develop Controlled Enthusiasm
Rose Legend
父亲最后的拥抱 In praise of hugs
Fragrance Forever
英国应重写资讯自由
Don't look back 告别过去
朝鲜火箭发射考验金正恩
April Showers Bring May Flowers
Ten Ways to Cheer Up 十种为自己鼓劲的方法
The Colors of the Rainbow
以色列开枪一名巴勒斯坦人被打死
华夏银行理财产品事件或将树立先例
More than one way to the square
国家开发银行日益商业化
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |