Taking a new job can be exciting, but also a bit nerve-wracking. You want to do well, stand out, but also be a team player.
换工作是件令人激动的事儿,但也会有些伤脑筋。你希望能够表现出色,脱颖而出,但又想一成为一个有团队精神的人。
Back in 1995, Times Mirror Company President Al Casey shared some thoughts on what to do and what not to do after you take a new job.
早在1995年,时代镜报公司的董事长艾尔·凯西就分享了他关于换工作后该做什么和不该做什么的想法。
Ex-Googler and venture capitalist Hunter Walk, who got to know Casey a few years before he passed away, dug up Casey's "do's and don'ts" and republished it on Scribd.
前谷歌员工、风险投资人亨特·沃尔克在凯西去世前就与他相识。他把凯西留下的“行为准则”挖掘出来并发表在了Scribd上。
Here's the list, in no particular order.
如下所列,没有特定的顺序。
1.If you want to get ahead in this world become a highly-concerned observer of the passing scene.
1.如果你想要走在世界的前沿,你应该对那些正在发生的事情保持高度的关注。
2.LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN — don't try to show off your knowledge it will become known as you use it — if your mouth is open you are not learning.
2.聆听,聆听,还是聆听——不要总想着炫耀你的学识,当你应用它们时别人自会知道。——如果你的嘴总是说个不停,你就学不到什么东西。
3.Mentally challenge everything — not vocally — particularly the assumptions that are built into the situation.
3.在精神上质疑一切——而不是口头上——特别是那些对形势的预设。
4.Really listen to your peers — get them to like you — they are your best resource.
4.真正地听听同事的意见——让他们喜欢你——他们是你最好的资源。
5.Do all possible to help your boss raise his/her status.
5.尽你所能地帮助老板提升他/她的地位。
6.Develop a business plan for every assignment you are given — allocate your time and resources — develop calendar checkpoints.
6.为你被指派的每个任务都做一份商务计划。——分配你的时间和资源——在日程表上设定节点。
7.Your availability is your most important asset — it should be directed up, down and sideways.
7.你的可利用时间是你最重要的财富——它应该被上上下下,前前后后地全面利用起来。
8.Work at giving the perception and the fact that you are aware of the feelings and goals of others.
8.致力于让别人知道你注意到了他们的感受和目的。
9.On entering a new situation, get an organization chart of your department showing names and responsibilities of your peers — walk the halls and let others see you.
9.在进入新的环境时,先获取一份显示了你新同事的姓名和职责的组织结构表——在大厅里走走让其他人看到你。
10.Ask for help and show that you appreciate it, it is the best way to make friends.
10.寻求别人的帮助,并且表达你的感激。这是交朋友最好的方式。
11.Do not try to impress others by relating your education, travels, or accomplishments — they will all become known in due time.
11.不要试图利用你的教育背景、旅游经历或者取得过的成就来给别人留下深刻印象。在适当的时候这些东西总会被知道的。
12.Do what you say you will do — if you can't, let that be known.
12.你说了你要做什么就要做到。——如果你做不到,就要及时让别人知道。
13.Your first assignment is to become a part of the team and not its leader.
13.你的第一个任务就是成为团队的一部分,而不是领导者。
14.Be early and stay late — do not plan any social luncheons for the first six months.
14.早到晚走——前六周就不要安排什么社交午宴了。
电影档期一延再延 好莱坞开始放弃2020年
国内英语资讯:Shanghai port sees container throughput hit record high in July
家乡的变化
英国政府将斥资20亿英镑鼓励民众骑车和步行
仙人掌
家乡的名胜——金山寺
春天的桃花
国内英语资讯:Xi officially announces commissioning of BDS-3 navigation system
我的路
"乱世佳人"传奇女星去世
壁虎
螺蛳粉火出圈,海外网友纷纷试吃,有内味儿了!
讨厌鬼——袁程
国际英语资讯:Moroccan, Italian FMs discuss Libyan crisis, bilateral relations
谢谢老师的小小善举
国际英语资讯:Indias new education policy evokes mixed reaction
美国国安顾问感染新冠
国内英语资讯:Chinese vice premier stresses COVID-19 control in autumn, winter
国内英语资讯:China issues blue alert for Typhoon Sinlaku
国内英语资讯:Xi Focus: Xi stresses modernization of national defense, armed forces
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilor stresses flood control, post-disaster recovery
国际英语资讯:Brazil reports 1,000 deaths, over 45,000 COVID-19 cases in 24 hours
国际英语资讯:Feature: Young Palestinians launch initiative to reduce plastic use in blockaded Gaza
我的家乡
日本呼吁恢复远程办公
国内英语资讯:Chinese university scholars elected as members of Academia Europaea
国内英语资讯:China to further support flexible employment
国内英语资讯:Xi Focus: Xi presides over symposium for soliciting advice on economic work
可拆洗吸管环保又方便,让奶茶来得更猛烈些吧
国际英语资讯:Spotlight: Turkish doctors warn of rise in COVID-19 cases during Eid al-Adha
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |