托尼的工作显然做得不好,因此在汇报时少不了被老板责难。
(T = Tony, B= boss)
T: Hello, it's Tony, in Manchester.
你好,我是托尼,曼彻斯特。
B: Oh, hello Tony. How's the exhibition? Is it going well?
你好,托尼。展会怎么样?一切都顺利吗?
T: Er, no, not really. It's very quiet actually! We are not doing much!
呃,不是很顺利。实际上非常安静。我们都没什么可干的。
B: What? That's awful? How can you say that, Tony? Did you speak to the conference manager again?
什么?那么糟? 怎么会这样呢,托尼?你和展会的经理又谈了吗?
T: Er, no, no. Why?
呃,没,没有。怎么了。
B: To get a better stand of course! We are paying a lot of money for that exhibition and for your hotel! Can't you speak to him again?
要一个好的展位呀!我们为这个展会和你们的旅馆付了很多钱的!你不能再和他谈谈吗?
T: Er, OK. I'll do my best.
呃,好的,我会尽力的。
B: Have you spoken to any good agents yet?
你有没有和一些好的代理商谈谈?
T: Well, yes. There is one company, they seem very nice.
哦,有。有一家公司看起来不错。
B: Nice? Nice? Have they got any experience? Are they reliable?
不错?不错?他们有经验吗?可靠吗?
T: Erm, er, I'm not sure. I'll ask May...
呃,嗯,我不太肯定。我会问下梅……
T: Hello? Are you still there?
喂,您还在吗?
B: Yes, I'm here.
嗯,在。
T: Em, we aren't sure about the agents.
嗯,代理商我们不太确定。
B: Tony, please could you speak to them again and get more details about their experience.
托尼,你能不能再和他们谈谈,多了解一些他们的经历。
T: But, they want to sign a contract tomorrow.
可是,他们想明天签合同。
B: No, Tony. Do NOT sign anything until we know a lot more about them. Please get full details about their track record. I want to know who they've worked with before, exactly. Can you please send me a full report tomorrow.
不行,托尼。在了解之前我们不能和他们签任何东西。请你了解详细的经营情况。我想知道他们都和谁合作过,详细情况。你明天能不能给我一份详细报告?
T: But I was going to go to the cinema tonight!
可是我今晚打算去看电影。
B: Tony, you are not there to go to the cinema!
托尼,你不是去那里看电影的!
T: Fine. We also need more brochures.
好的。我们还需要一些宣传册。
B: OK. I'll send some more immediately. I'll start preparing a contract but we need a lot more information.
好的,我会立刻送一些过去的。我会准备起草合同,但我们需要更多了解他们。
国际英语资讯:Chinas current account surplus remains in reasonable range
西班牙选美小姐失足落水,错失冠军
体坛英语资讯:Dinamo Kyiv outplay Partizan 3-2 in UEFA Europa League stunner
境外商家向中国游客推出“超国民待遇”
国际英语资讯:FM makes new Brexit intervention as Leave group says Britain should prepare to walk away wit
体坛英语资讯:Former Dortmund coach Tuchel expected to take over Bayern Munich
国际英语资讯:S.Koreas industrial activity falters, with private consumption falling
国内英语资讯:China opens 2,000-km quantum communication line
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: China, U.S. conclude social, people-to-people talks with substantial results
一周热词榜(9.23-29)
体坛英语资讯:Miralem Pjanic to miss the match against Belgium
国内英语资讯:China to further cut red tape for better business environment
头发三七分还是中分好看?顶级发型师:看脸型
中国高校富豪校友排行榜 清华最盛产亿万富豪
国际英语资讯:Somali forces kill 18 Al-Shabaab militants in army base attack
对象从不带你见家人朋友?你要多想想了!
国内英语资讯:China Focus: 19th CPC National Congress delegates feature more workers, women
假期阅读推荐:助你迈向成功的十本书
人在几岁时最聪明?
国内英语资讯:New China-Europe rail-sea cargo route opens
《副总统》女主患乳腺癌 这种“女性杀手”有哪些表现
国内英语资讯:Chinese naval escort fleet concludes visit to Denmark
党的十九大代表全部选出
国内英语资讯:President Xi meets U.S. secretary of state
美国将大幅度减少难民接收人数
国际英语资讯:Palestinian officials slam controversial remarks on Israeli occupation by U.S. envoy to Isra
About 这个词的意思可不只是“关于”
国内英语资讯:Chinas economy steady, outlook positive: think tank
长假去哪儿?CNN盘点中国最美的四个水乡
奈飞的一封“威胁信”刷爆外网,风格很小清新
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |