If you're not thrilled with your career, if you don't wake up excited about the day's prospects, or if you feel that your work has no intrinsic value, then it's time to get serious about making a change.
如果工作不能带给你兴奋的感觉,起床时新的一天也不能让你激动,或者你感到工作没有内在价值,那么就应该认真考虑改变了。
Knowing a Good Fit
选对职业
The right career is a positive, productive and natural extension of you, your value system and your natural talents. The right career "fits"; it may not come effortlessly, but it does come naturally. It provides you with purpose, a positive self image and a sense of pride.
正确的职业是你、你的价值观和才华的一个积极、富有创造性、自然的扩展。正确的职业并不一定毫不费力就能获得,但一定会来得自然。它能给你以使命感、积极的形象和自豪感。
Just like finding your ideal mate, finding your ideal career has a lot to do with compatibility on many different levels. Your career must be a comfortable match with your personality, lifestyle, interests, skills, spiritual inclinations and values.
就像理想的伴侣一样,理想职业得和你的许多方面“兼容”。职业必须和个性、生活方式、兴趣、技能和精神倾向及价值观相容。
Signs of a Bad Fit
选错职业的表现
You know you're in the wrong career if:
下面这些迹象可以说明你选错了行:
* It is strictly a means to put food on the table
只是为了挣份生计
* It's just some job you took 10 years ago because, at the time, it was the only one you could find.
不过是10年前选择的工作,因为那时你只能找到那份工作
* Your parents are proud, but you're bored to tears.
父母为你自豪;你却无聊地要命
* Your job makes you unhappy, damages your self-esteem, compromises your values, or undermines your integrity.
工作让你不快乐、伤自尊,和你的价值观相悖,有违你的正直诚实
* You live for the weekend.
只盼望过周末
Assess Yourself
自我评估
Here's another checklist to help you assess your current employment situation. Check the statements that apply to you (and ignore for now the letter after each statement):
下面是一份调查表,可以帮你评估目前的工作状况。看看哪些描述适合你(先忽略字母“S”和“G”)
1. I look forward to going to work almost every day. (S) 几乎每天都期望去上班
2. My employer treats me fairly and with respect. (S) 雇主待我很好、尊重我
3. I live for the weekend, or any days away from work. (G) 只盼过周末、或任何不用上班的日子
4. I feel valued and appreciated for my professional contributions. (S) 感到自己的贡献被尊重、被欣赏。
5. My workplace feels "toxic." (G) 工作环境很糟糕
6. I can be myself at work and not have to worry about being judged. (S) 我可以展现自我本色,也不必担心别人如何评价。
7. I am included in my company's "information loop." (S) 我已被纳入公司的“知情圈”内
8. My employer discusses with me and provides opportunities for advancement and professional development. (S) 雇主和我讨论提升和提供职业发展的机会
9. I am commended for the extra effort I perform. (S) 我的额外努力获得了表扬
10. I am stimulated intellectually and creatively by my work. (S) 工作激发了我的智慧和创造性
11. I feel that I am making a positive contribution to society. (S) 我感到自己对社会做出积极的贡献
12. I am compensated well for my work. (S) 我从工作中得到了合理的报酬
13. I find myself daydreaming frequently about a new career. (G) 常常幻想新职业
14. I feel that my work is a natural extension of who I am as a human being. (S) 我感到工作是自己作为一名人类的一个自然延伸。
15. I see myself as successful. (S) 认为自己是成功者
16. I feel trapped and stuck in my current position. (G) 感到受困于当前的职位
17. I feel in control of my career destiny. (S) 感到职业命运掌握在自己手中
18. I am working at the level of my full potential. (S) 在工作中能充分发挥自己的潜力
19. My current career negatively impacts those close to me. (G) 当前职业对我身边亲密的人有消极影响
20. I have a desire to try something new and different. (G) 我渴望尝试新鲜和不同的事物
Now, count the number of "S" and "G" responses you have. "S" means "Stay" and "G" means "Go." This checklist is a reliable indicator of whether or not your present job is a good fit for you. Clearly, the more "G" ("Go") responses you checked, the more critical it is for you to start thinking about new opportunities.
现在,算算“S”和“G”的数量。“S”表示“留下(Stay) ”;“G”表示“走(Go)”。这份调查表可以告诉你目前的工作是不是适合。显然,“G”越多,你就应该越快地考虑其它职业。
手腕喷香水后相互摩擦?原来这么多年用香水的方法都错了
国内英语资讯:32 missing as two vessels collide off east China coast
Mother’s Surprise 妈妈的惊喜
《星战8》内地票房不敌《前任3》 中国观众原力为何没觉醒
2017年十大消费维权舆情热点发布 老年保健品排第一
If I Get Angry 如果我生气了
国内英语资讯:Academics discuss reform of lawyer system
体坛英语资讯:Four things we learned from Spains matchday 18
体坛英语资讯:Costa backs to goal and off, Betis win crazy Seville derby
完美房车算什么?英国夫妇卖掉一切带娃去环游世界
国内英语资讯:Beijings e-commerce transactions to surpass 2.5 trillion yuan in 2018
国内英语资讯:Heavy snow wreaks havoc in China
抵制性侵丑闻 今年的金球奖红毯“变黑”了
美国将终止萨尔瓦多人临时庇护待遇
科学家发现了与同性恋有关的基因
以色列禁止全球20个权益组织成员入境
体坛英语资讯:Zambia picks final squad for CHAN tournament
体坛英语资讯:Ethiopians dominate Xiamen Marathon
老外在中国:有个会中文的女儿是什么感受
体坛英语资讯:Barca confirm Coutinho signing
美文赏析:什么才是真正的富裕阶层?
国内英语资讯:Vice premier calls for enhanced China-U.S. economic ties
国内英语资讯:China vows to cement parliamentary exchanges with Nordic, Baltic countries
中国一家人健身成功,老外惊呼:这差异太大了
霉霉新专巡演或成史上最高票房巡演之一
国内英语资讯:China renews alert for heavy rain
奥普拉要竞选总统?2020美国大选或上演电视明星PK赛
美文赏析:你有几个钱包?
国内英语资讯:Two scientists win Chinas top science award
国际英语资讯:Mediterranean migrant arrivals reach 1,072 in first week of 2018, with 81 deaths: IOM
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |