职场社交英语口语对话 Lesson 17:她整个人热力四射
SCENE② B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
【她整个人热力四射】
Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?
艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?
Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.
玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。
Elvin: What's it like to work with her?
艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?
Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。
Elvin: Tell me about it.
艾文: 这还用说。
Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.
玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。
Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.
艾文: 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。
语言详解
A: Your mother is so demanding!
你妈妈的要求真高!
B: That's what my dad always says.
我爸爸也总是这么说。
【around the clock 日以继夜】
由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。
A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?
佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?
B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.
我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。
A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.
换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。
B: You're right.
你说对了。
1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。
2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的
3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。
These snakes are short教案
Is it a dog教案
School教案
It’s a red dog教案2
The toy car is under the bed教案
What time is it教案4
Do you have any money教案
Let’s play football教案
It’s a circle教案
What time is it教案3
What time is it教案1
This Your Skirt教案1
It’s my ruler教案1
This Your Skirt教案4
It’s a red dog教案1
What time is it教案6
What can you feel教案2
Nice to meet you教案1
Can you write in English教案
What can you hear教案1
What can you feel教案1
This Your Skirt教案5
What can you feel教案3
He has two feet教案
It’s one hundred教案
Let’s sing教案
I Want Ice cream教案
How old are you教案2
It’s red教案
What time is it教案2
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |