LAST autumn my parents were studying in Canada, and brought me over with them.
去年秋天,我的父母在加拿大学习,并把我带过去。
It was soon my birthday. Then came Halloween. Once I asked Mum why there was Halloween. She told me a lot about ghosts. I couldn't remember it all. I just remember that many children put on interesting clothes on that day. They go from door to door and ask for sweets.
很快我的生日。然后是万圣节。有一次我问妈妈为什么有万圣节。她告诉我许多有关鬼。我不记得这一切。我只记得,许多孩子穿上有趣的衣服的那一天。他们挨家挨户索要糖果。
"Sweets are like good words for the dead," Mum told me. "The more the better. They can help the dead go to a better place."
“糖果是死的好的话,“妈妈告诉我的。越多越好。他们可以帮助死者去了一个更好的地方。
One day before Halloween, Mum bought me witches' clothes. They were black, with a hat.
万圣节的前一天,妈妈给我买了女巫的衣服。他们是黑色的,带一顶帽子。
The next day, at about 6:30 pm, I went out with my parents.
第二天,大约在下午6点30分,我和我的父母。
It was dark. Many people got together around a house. They were asking for sweets. Lots of children were dressed in different clothes.
这是黑暗的。很多人都聚集在一个房子。他们索要糖果。许多孩子都穿着不同的衣服。
I pushed in and reached out my hand. I got some.
我推了推,伸出我的手。我有一些。
"Wow! There's nothing hard about this," I thought.
真的。有什么都不难,我想。
I was so happy when I looked at the colourful sweets. But there were so few.
我很高兴当我看着五颜六色的糖果。但是也有一些。
Some kids had left the house and started to ask for sweets door to door.
一些孩子离开了家,开始索要糖果的门到门。
I decided to go with them. I wanted more.
我决定跟他们一起去。我想要更多。
I was a little afraid at first. But the people at each house were very kind. They gave me lots of sweets.
一开始我有点害怕。但在每一个房子的人都很好。他们给了我很多的糖果。
After some time I had enough. I started to look around to see what Canadians do at Halloween.
一段时间后,我有足够的。我开始环顾四周看看加拿大人在万圣节干。
The houses were so different! Some were made very scary. There were life-like skeletons(骷髅) on the fences. There were graves in the gardens. Bat-like clothes flew in the wind. But some weren't so scary.
房子是如此不同!有些是很可怕的。有生活就像骷髅(骷髅)在栅栏。在花园里有坟墓。蝙蝠喜欢的衣服在风中飞。但一些不那么可怕。
When I went home that day, I found out my sweets could fill a whole big box!
当我回家的那一天,我发现我的糖果可以画一个大盒子!
"The sweets could last through the year!" I thought, and they did.
“糖果可以过去!我认为,他们做的。
体坛英语资讯:Beijing Guoan beat Tianjin Teda 3-1 in Chinese league
国际英语资讯:1st non-stop flight from Egypts Cairo to Chinas Hangzhou takes off
国际英语资讯:Russia to help CSTO countries make more friends: Putin
Two Poems 诗歌两则
新研究:每周跑步50分钟或许最健康,别长别短
体坛英语资讯:Brazilian Serie A roundup: Ceara earn draw with Vasco, Santos hold Corinthians
葡萄的健康益处
国际英语资讯:Pakistan to expedite work on special economic zones under CPEC to accelerate industrializati
国内英语资讯:Lawmakers attend workshop on improving peoples living standards
为什么有了小孩就意味着搬家?
体坛英语资讯:Bertens beats Zheng to reach final in WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai
体坛英语资讯:Independiente part ways with coach Beccacece
国际英语资讯:Russian security service detains suspected Ukrainian spy
如何提高英语阅读能力
这些行为或导致腹胀
国际英语资讯:Possible radioactive water leak at Japans crisis hit Fukushima nuke plant
调查显示:英国也讲究郎“财”女貌
国际英语资讯:Turkey to deport 11 French IS suspects: minister
国际英语资讯:Poll predicts 68-seat majority for Conservatives ahead of key UK election
一个人吃饭对健康不好
国际英语资讯:German parliaments upper house halts key parts of climate package
2019年12月英语四级作文模板:社会类话题
The Increasing of Working Stress 工作压力的增长
国内英语资讯:Senior CPC official calls for new highlights in legal reform
一条毛毯的旅行
2019年12月英语六级作文范文:英语学习
国内英语资讯:Seminar held to discuss international humanitarian cooperation, exchanges
不良购物体验后,如何退款?
人口老龄化既是挑战也是机遇
退休前/后买车,哪个更合适?
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |