I was about to shave this morning
今天早上,我正准备刮胡子的时候
when I caught my reflection in the mirror.
忽然注意到镜子里自己的影像
There was no doubt about it.
再也没有任何疑问
My body was growing older.
我的身体在慢慢变老
My formerly thick hair
从前浓密的头发
which used to be brown with a touch of gray
曾经是棕色,其中掺杂着一点灰色
was now gray with a touch of brown.
如今已经全然灰白,只剩下一点棕色
It was hard to see on top too
看到自己的发顶,心情更加难过
with so little of it left there.
那里如今只剩下一点点头发
My forehead wrinkles
我的抬头纹
had become permanent
已经深深的印刻到了皮肤里
and when I smiled
微笑的时候
a hundred more curled up around my eyes and mouth.
眼角和嘴角又多了百条皱纹
I thought about letting my beard grow for a second
有一瞬间,我想了想要不要把胡子蓄起来
but didn’t really want to look like Santa Claus.
但我不希望自己看起来像圣诞老人
When I stepped back
我从镜子前转身
I could see
我可以觉察到
I had gotten chunkier as well
自己的身材也更圆润了
Because
因为
while my metabolism had slowed
我的新陈代谢减慢了
my eating hadn’t.
饮食习惯却还保持原状
My muscles also tended to be achier
我的肌肉酸痛加剧了
and my body creakier.
身体越发脆弱不堪
And the file clerk in my mind
我脑海中的档案管理员
seemed to be misplacing things a lot more often.
把资料放错位置的次数更多了
I was even thinking of
我甚至想着
writing stuff down more
多写些小字条
so I could remember
这样我就可以记起
what I came into a room for.
自己来到房间里是为了什么
In spite of it all,
尽管如此
though,
不过
when I looked in the mirror again
当我再看向镜子里的自己
I caught a sparkle in my eyes.
我看到了自己眼中的闪光
I smiled
我露出微笑
and felt a joy in my heart.
感到内心的喜悦
I knew that
我知道
no matter what my reflection looked like,
无论我镜中的又影像看上去如何
my soul was forever young.
我的灵魂永远年轻
The truth is
事实上
while I have been steadily growing older on the outside
当我外在的躯壳平和的变老
I have for a while now
最近一段时间,其实
been growing younger on the inside.
我的内心一直在变得更加年轻
I can remember
我还记得
how serious, stressed, and worried I was
自己曾多么严阵以待,压力重重,忧心劳神
in my twenties and thirties.
在我二十至三十岁的时候
I often felt like
我时常感觉到
the weight of the world was on my shoulders.
仿佛整个世界都压在我的双肩
Now at fifty three
如今,我已经五十三岁了
my heart feels lighter
我的心却更加轻盈
and my days look brighter.
我的生活也更加明亮了
I feel like a true “Child” of nature
我感觉自己是大自然的孩子
free to laugh,
可以恣意欢笑
to sing, to dance
歌唱,舞蹈
to love, and to help others do the same.
去爱,去帮助别人成为和我一样的人
I worry less
我的烦恼变少了
and smile more.
笑容增多了
I have a lot more faith
我对生活的信心大大增多了
and a lot less fear.
恐惧却大大减少了
I let my love lead me
我让爱引导着自己
and face the pains and problems of this world
直面这个世界的苦痛和难题
with the loving-kindness of the next.
用彼岸的爱和善意为武器
In the end
最终
all of our bodies will wear out and die,
我们都会死去,身体腐朽
but WE won’t.
但我们内在的自己不会
Our young souls will go on forever.
我们年轻的灵魂将长存下去
Spend your days growing younger then.
所以,用你的时间让自己变得年轻吧
Let the child within you live and love.
让你内心的小孩快乐的活着,让他去爱
又到“国考”时
民生 people’s livelihood
中国特色社会主义
重庆区长“不雅视频”
央视“广告时段”招标
大城市的“安全隐患”
什么是PMI?
什么是“劳伦斯魔咒”?
广东试点官员“财产申报”
高成本导致“工业大迁移”
逾期贷款 overdue loan
飓风“桑迪”热词
“土地交易”火爆
末日谣言 doomsday rumor
动员投票 get-out-the-vote
全体会议 plenum
调整“行政审批”项目
选举地图 electoral map
取消“药品加成”
首艘“航母”入列
“食品链”项目受欢迎
科学发展观 Scientific Outlook on Development
党要管党
在华日企“恢复营业”
“诺贝尔奖”知多少
巴勒斯坦升格为联合国“观察员国”
差额选举 competitive election
中国“绿卡”
中央军委 Central Military Commission
什么是“财政悬崖”
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |