Romain Rolland once said:
罗曼·罗兰曾说:
"Most men die at twenty or thirty;
“很多人在20岁、30岁的时候就死了,
thereafter they are only reflections of themselves,
一过这个年龄,他们只不过变成了自己的影子
for the rest of their lives they are aping themselves,
此后的余生不过在模仿自己中度过,
repeating from day to day more and more mechanically and affectedly what they said and did and thought and loved when they were alive."
日复一日,更机械,更装腔作势地重复他们有生之年的所作所为、所思所想、所爱所恨。”
Recently, I suddenly realized that this quote is talking about me.
最近,我忽然发现这则引言说的就是我。
I chose a stable job back as a civil servant in my hometown under my parents' advice after I graduated from college.
大学毕业之后,我听从父母的建议,在家乡找了一个稳定的公务员工作。
The job is easy. And my workload is quite small.
工作很轻松,工作量也很小。
So I have penty of time of mine own to spend.
所以我有充足的时间可以自由支配。
I bought my car and my house and went on dates which are arranged by my parents.
我买好了车和房子,并根据父母的安排去约会。
Everything goes well in my life.
生活中的一切都很顺利。
But, last month I went to a classmates reunion. And it crashed my heart.
但是,上个月我去了一个同学聚会。而我的心彻底被打碎了。
When we were having the meal. Some of my classmates talked about their interesting jobs and interesting challenges in Internet companies. Some of them were talking about strategies in investing in fund and stocks. Some of them were talking about all the new skills they have been learning, which I hadn't even heard of.
宴席上,有些同学在谈他们在互联网公司那些有趣的工作、有趣的挑战,有些谈起他们在基金和股票上的投资策略,有些则在谈他们在学的一些新技能,而这些技能我听都没听过。
But I? All I could talk about was that my wife just got pregnant.
而我呢?我能说的只是我太太前不久怀孕了。
And now it seems like my child is about to take the same boring path that I have taken.
现在看来,似乎我的孩子也要走上我走过的这条无聊道路。
Is this the life that I want?
这真的是我想要的生活吗?
Is this even life?
这真的是生活吗?
This suddenly becomes so horrible to me. I can't live like this.
我突然觉得这无比可怕。我不能这样生活下去。
And that's why I started to search for a new job. I don't want to die when I am thiry.
而这,也就是我重新开始找工作的原因。我不想在30岁就死去。
Life is only worth living when there are things to explore.
生活,只有在还有新事物可以探索的时候,才值得活下去。
体坛英语资讯:Kenya hosts Egypt, Rwanda in battle for World Championship ticket
星巴克CEO霍华德·舒尔茨毕业演讲:成大事者 当知分享
野生动物第六次灭绝正在加速
国内英语资讯:BRICS tax authorities ink institutional document to enhance cooperation
White noise?
你认为自己情商高吗?来看看这12种高情商的表现吧
全球气温纪录连续三年被打破
国内英语资讯:Chinas development not a threat to other countries: FM spokesperson
威廉王子辞去飞行员,开始全职当皇室了
《权利的游戏》作者将任新奇幻美剧监制
国内英语资讯:Premier Li urges officials to study important speech of President Xi
最美丽的小镇 The Most Beautiful Town
“你行你上啊”的英文,到底怎么说!
菲尔普斯VS大白鲨,仅以两秒之差落败
体坛英语资讯:Kipchoge says Kenyas marathon team can sweep all medals in London
男人网购起来比女人更败家
王思聪的狗同名淘宝店铺,收入可观!
全国肥胖率北京居首 北方明显高于南方
全球气温纪录连续三年被打破
Commitment, devotion and dedication 三个和“奉献”有关的单词
国际英语资讯:IMF sees small monetary policy effects from Feds balance sheet unwinding
国际英语资讯:Venezuelas Maduro, defying U.S. sanctions, says elections will go ahead
体坛英语资讯:Brazil leaves Maracana out of World Cup qualifiers
100年前的生活妙招:炖菜时如何顶起锅盖?
“我在厕所”千万不要说成“I'm in the toilet!”太尴尬了!
老妇眼睛不适就医,竟取出27枚隐形眼镜
新任白宫通讯主管对特朗普“黑转粉”,连手势都与总统同步
英国推出折叠房,能移动还能太阳能供电
Give us a bell 给我打电话
国内英语资讯:China Focus: To revive China, Xi holds high banner of socialism with Chinese characteristics
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |