The team I work in just had 2 new interns, and I happen to be their supervisor .
我所在的团队新来了两个实习生,而我恰好是他们的主管。
After today's lunch break, I saw that one of them was reading things on her smartphone, maybe on some social network, I guessed.
今天午休过后,我看见他们中的一个正在悠闲地刷手机,可能是在上社交网络吧,我猜。
I went to her and said "There's another document here needing traslation. Do you have time to finish it for me?"
我走过去问她:“我这正好有一份文档要翻译,你有时间帮忙完成一下吗?”
That document was not in her assigned workload. But I thought I could let her challenge herself a little bit with it, seeing that she seemed to have time.
这份文档并不在她的工作量里面,不过我看她似乎有空,就打算让她用着锻炼一下。
"Yes, I do have time." She said, "But I'm just an intern."
“有啊。”她说。“可是我只是个实习生啊。”
I didn't quite know what to say back then. After a while I mumbled "Right. Yes."
我当时突然不知道说什么好,愣了一下说道:“哦,对。”
And I turned around and left.
然后便转身离开了。
I recalled the time when I was an intern for the first time. I, too, managed to finish my workload so fast, just like her.
我想起了我自己第一次做实习生的时候,当时我也像她一样,很快就把自己的工作量完成了。
So I asked my supervisor "Is there anything else that I can help?"
于是我就问我的主管:“还有什么其他的事需要我帮忙吗?”
And she happened to have a plan to make. But she didn't have time. So she let me do the research and make a draft for her.
正好,她当时有一份计划要订,但是时间不够,于是就让我先帮她查查相关资料然后你个草稿。
I was not very familiar with the job but still tried to carry it out based on my understanding and make it as professional as possible.
我当时并不太明白那份工作,但还是试着按自己的想法做出来了,尽可能写得专业。
And my supervisor was really satisfied with the draft. Later, she told me "You saved me a lot of time. I didn't need to create it from scratch."
主管对这份草稿很满意。她事后说:“你帮我省了不少事,我不用从头做起。”
And she told me in details how should I have done the plan differently. I learned a lot about the operation in the process.
并且,她还跟我细致地讲了这份计划应该怎么修改;而我在这个过程当中学到了很多有用的业务细节。
After that, she had come to trust me like completely.
在那之后,她开始给予我完全的信任。
I got my current job all because of her recommondation.
而我现在的这份工作,也多亏了她的引荐。
Yes, I was just an intern with a low salary. But I bought a better future with my extra labor.
是的,我当时只是个实习生,薪水只有一点点,但我用额外的劳力为自己买到了更好的未来。
There's a kind of poverty called short-sightedness.
有一种“贫穷”叫短视。
震惊英媒:中国猫咪一夜啪啪5次,累到在医院打吊针
国内英语资讯:Xi sends congratulatory letter to Industrial Internet Global Summit
麦当劳出了个blingbling款汉堡,真土豪!
优衣库老板评论脱欧:脱了就是欧洲病夫
Ladygaga取消巡演,原因是身体太差?
国际英语资讯:Over 8,000 Syrian refugees return home from Jordan in 2017
体坛英语资讯:Serbia loses to United States in Davis Cup World Group
教育部将建立高校预防性骚扰机制
体坛英语资讯:Iran defeats China 3-0 in Asian Volleyball Championship
国内英语资讯:China hopes process of Brexit steady, orderly: spokesperson
国内英语资讯:Chinas cranes to promote Namibias port construction
国内英语资讯:Military World Games opens in Wuhan, ushering in new era
智能春联来了!人人都能来一对儿
国内英语资讯:Chinese legislator calls for upholding multilateralism at IPU assembly
国际英语资讯:Mexican president says he backed release of drug kingpins son to save lives
国际英语资讯:Economic climate in euro area hits highest level since 2000: think tank
国内英语资讯:At least 18 killed, 62 injured after bus overturns in Hong Kong
一周热词榜(2.3-9)
国内英语资讯:Chinese state councilors visit to U.S. conducive to bilateral cooperation: spokesman
Down time?
国内英语资讯:China calls on U.S. to stop politicizing human rights issue
平昌冬奥会或成史上最冷 加拿大运动员都扛不住了
平昌冬奥会来了!盘点往届冬奥会开幕式精彩瞬间
Facebook惨了,4大合作伙伴不再支持其电子货币
国内英语资讯:Taiwan quake death toll rises to 10
到底用mankind还是peoplekind? 加拿大总理也开始“咬文嚼字”
体坛英语资讯:Cilic, Dodig unison puts Croatia in charge
真歉意还是假客套:如何判别道歉是真心还是假意
国内英语资讯:Spotlight: Chinese, S. Korean leaders meet in positive atmosphere on China-S. Korea ties, pe
麦当推出两款巨无霸汉堡,让你一次吃个够!
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |