study Habit #1 - Go to your lectures.
学习习惯#1——去听讲座。
For the first 2 years of Oxford, I went to maybe 4 lectures out of hundreds available. I was arrogant, foolish, lazy, and severely disadvantaging myself.
在牛津的前两年,有数百场讲座,而我大概只去了4场。我很自负、愚蠢、懒惰,严重地害了自己。
In my third year, I went to almost every single lecture available. Including those involving topics I was not personally involved or interested in.
大三时几乎每场讲座我都去,包括我涉及不到的或不感兴趣的话题。
My mind changed when I actually went to lectures.
去听讲座以后我的想法变了。
Firstly, lectures are FUN! Sure, some of them suck. But I found so many gems that influenced my thinking. I found so many passionate, knowledgeable speakers who got me excited about the topic.
首先,讲座很有趣!当然有些讲座很差劲,但我发现了很多影响我思想的有价值的讲座,我发现了很多有激情有学识的演讲者,他们使我对那个话题都感兴趣了。
Second, I remembered more stuff! An hour in the lecture hall has massive returns on investment.
其次,我记住了更多东西!你投入到讲座的一个小时会有丰厚回报。
study Habit #2: Be an active student.
学习习惯#2:做一个积极的学生。
For my first year at Oxford, I barely said anything in tutorials. I didn’t volunteer in discussions and, as a result, I didn’t understand much.
我在牛津的第一年在导师个别指导课上很少说话。我不会主动参与任何讨论,所以理解的也不好。
My understandings of different texts never matured or became complex. They stayed the same. And they were often wrong.
我对不同文本的理解一直都不成熟,也不深刻,理解能力一如从前,也经常是错的。
Then, somewhere in the middle of my second year, I got over myself and offered more of my own opinions. I responded to others, asked thoughtful questions, and interacted way more.
后来大二期中的一段时间我开始超越自己,更多地提出自己的想法,响应其他人,问有深度的问题,和别人的互动也多了。
Being an active student also means asking for help. The smartest people in the world learned everything from other smart people.
做一个积极的学生也意味着向他人求助,世界上最聪明的人的智慧都是从其他聪明人那儿学来的。
study Habit #3: Establish a perfect study environment.
学习习惯#3:建立完美的学习环境。
This is a very personal place and it needs to be somewhere you instantly click into study mode.
这个地方因人而异,你需要找一个能让你立刻进入学习状态的地方。
It might be your dorm room. It might be your library. It might be your local coffee shop.
可能是你的宿舍;可能是图书馆;可能是当地的咖啡店。
My perfect study environment was actually the Oxford English Faculty building.
最适合我的学习地点其实是牛津英语学院教学楼。
This is where all my lectures were. It was totally silent.
我的课都在那儿上,那里很安静。
study Habit #4: study in small chunks.
学习习惯#4:把学习内容分成小块。
It doesn’t matter how much new information you stuff into your head if you forget it the next day or cannot apply it.
如果所学内容第二天就忘了或者不会应用的话你往脑袋里塞多少新知识都没用。
When you structure your studying, the most important task is always to ensure you are remembering the information you have already learned.
安排学习任务时最重要的是总要确保自己记住了所学内容。
That always comes first.
这才是你首先要考虑的。
In order to improve your retention and absorb more information, you need to break your studying up into manageable blocks (not studying new information for hours on end) and reviewing what you’ve previously learned in each new block.
为了改善记忆力记住更多知识,你需要把所学内容分成易掌握的模块(不要连续几小时学习新知识),并且在学习新模块时复习一下之前所学的内容。
高分作文点评
诗般母语
Properly Discard 适当的舍弃
Before hand? 事先
拒绝空白
生态环境部部长黄润秋回应环保关切
“草船借箭,不足十万支”
体坛英语资讯:Yankees top Forbes annual MLB valuations again
体坛英语资讯:Kenya to spend more to prepare for 2021 Tokyo Games due to COVID-19
Television 电视
My Idea of Coping with the Stress in Modern Life 在当代生活中应对压力的方法
国内英语资讯:China urges Canada to immediately release Meng Wanzhou
国际英语资讯:New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
国际英语资讯:Africas confirmed COVID-19 cases surpass 115,000: Africa CDC
The Differences Between College and High School Study 大学和高中学习的区别
英语中的双关语:这些笑点,你get到了吗?
体坛英语资讯:Kenyan Refugee Olympic athlete Nathike braves COVID-19
狗也和人一样有青春期烦恼
体坛英语资讯:Wuhan women footballers return to national team
体坛英语资讯:Ex-Chelsea midfielder Mikel mulling Botafogo move
Say No to Cyber-violence 向网络暴力说不
什么是供给与需求模型?
体坛英语资讯:Chinese clubs and players mourn the passing of Radmiro Antic
技能培训助广西农民成功脱贫
The Honesty of Athletes 运动员的诚实
My College Life 我的大学生活
全国人大常委会工作报告:今年将突出公共卫生领域立法
今年我国将实行积极的财政政策来对抗疫情冲击
现代人最重要的技能 The Most Important Skills for Modern People
语如河
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |