It took me a long time to learn where he came from. The little prince, who asked me so many questions, never seemed to hear the ones I asked him. It was from words dropped by chance that, little by little, everything was revealed to me.
我费了好长时间才弄清楚他是从哪里来的。小王子向我提出了很多问题。可是对我提出的问题,他好像压根没有听见似的。他无意中吐露的一些话逐渐使我搞清了他的来历。
The first time he saw my airplane, for instance (I shall not draw my airplane; that would be much too complicated for me), he asked me:
例如,当他第一次瞅见我的飞机时(我就不画出我的飞机了,因为这种图画对我来说太复杂),他问我道:
"What is that object?"
“这是个啥玩艺?”
"That is not an object. It flies. It is an airplane. It is my airplane."
“这不是‘玩艺儿’。它能飞。这是飞机。是我的飞机。”
And I was proud to have him learn that I could fly. He cried out, then:
我当时很骄傲地告诉他我能飞。于是他惊奇地说道:
"What! You dropped down from the sky?"
“怎么?你是从天上掉下来的?”
"Yes," I answered, modestly.
“是的”。我谦逊地答道。
"Oh! That is funny!"
“啊?这真滑稽。”
And the little prince broke into a lovely peal of laughter, which irritated me very much. I like my misfortunes to be taken seriously.
此时小王子发出一阵清脆的笑声。这使我很不高兴。我要求别人严肃地对待我的不幸。
Then he added:
然后,他又说道:
"So you, too, come from the sky! Which is your planet?"
“那么,你也是从天上来的了!你是哪个星球上的?”
At that moment I caught a gleam of light in the impenetrable mystery of his presence; and I demanded, abruptly:
即刻,对于他是从哪里来的这个秘密我隐约发现到了一点线索;于是,我就突然问道:
"Do you come from another planet?"
“你是从另一个星球上来的吗?”
But he did not reply. He tossed his head gently, without taking his eyes from my plane:
可是他不回答我的问题。他一面看着我的飞机,一面微微地点点头,接着说道:
"It is true that on that you can't have come from very far away…"
“可不是么,乘坐这玩艺儿,你不可能是从很远的地方来的……”
And he sank into a reverie, which lasted a long time. Then, taking my sheep out of his pocket, he buried himself in the contemplation of his treasure.
说到这里,他就长时间地陷入沉思之中。然后,从口袋里掏出了我画的小羊,看着他的宝贝入了神。
You can imagine how my curiosity was aroused by this half-confidence about the "other planets." I made a great effort, therefore, to find out more on this subject.
你们可以想见这种关于“别的星球”的若明若暗的话语使我心里多么好奇。因此我竭力地想知道其中更多的奥秘。
"My little man, where do you come from? What is this 'where I live,' of which you speak? Where do you want to take your sheep?"
“你是从哪里来的,我的小家伙?你的家在什么地方?你要把我的小羊带到哪里去?”
After a reflective silence he answered:
他沉思了一会,然后回答我说:
"The thing that is so good about the box you have given me is that at night he can use it as his house."
“好在有你给我的那只箱子,夜晚可以给小羊当房子用。”
"That is so. And if you are good I will give you a string, too, so that you can tie him during the day, and a post to tie him to."
“那当然。如果你听话的话,我再给你画一根绳子,白天可以栓住它。再加上一根扦杆。”
But the little prince seemed shocked by this offer:
我的建议看来有点使小王子反感。
"Tie him! What a queer idea!"
“栓住它,多么奇怪的主意。”
"But if you don't tie him," I said, "he will wander off somewhere, and get lost."
“如果你不栓住它,它就到处跑,那么它会跑丢的。”
My friend broke into another peal of laughter:
我的这位朋友又笑出了声:
"But where do you think he would go?"
“你想要它跑到哪里去呀?”
"Anywhere. Straight ahead of him."
“不管什么地方。它一直往前跑……”
Then the little prince said, earnestly:
这时,小王子郑重其事地说:
"That doesn't matter. Where I live, everything is so small!"
“这没有什么关系,我那里很小很小。”
And, with perhaps a hint of sadness, he added:
接着,他略带伤感地又补充了一句:
"Straight ahead of him, nobody can go very far…"
“一直朝前走,也不会走出多远……”
幼儿英语单词大全:食品、饮料(food & drink)
中美合拍3D电影《敢问路在何方》
德国财长称退出欧元区对希腊更好
国际足联发起体制改革根除腐败
美国人也看面相 奥巴马是有能力的面孔
简单就是成功 解读小黄人大火的奥秘
幼儿英语单词大全
瑞安航空邀乘客为自己代言
Wifi信号弱 都是因为放置地点有问题
西班牙小镇丧心病狂 市长规定每天午睡3小时
环保节水 一厢情愿的政策难奏效
丈夫偷吸烟遭谷歌街景图“出卖”
苹果三星与业界协商推出电子SIM卡
内地赴港购物者减少拖累博柏利销售
日本三菱公司对强迫美国战俘劳役表示道歉
吃寿司安全吗
迪拜智能棕榈树:有WiFi能充电
奥巴马为伊朗核协议强力辩护
美机场造世界首个宠物航站楼
万万没想到:这些东西都被送入了太空!
比尔·盖茨的夏季读书清单
单词辨义:what, how, where, who和how old怎么用好?
《湛江宣言》全文
最励志断臂女飞行员:用双脚驾机
坐拥儿女心系苍生:威廉王子当起空中救护员
谷歌新CFO承诺加强成本控制
应对风暴的斯沃琪
双语囧研究 无名指比食指长更花心
万达加速转型 构建四大支柱产业
挺过失败 一家剧院集团的创业心路
不限 |
英语教案 |
英语课件 |
英语试题 |
不限 |
不限 |
上册 |
下册 |
不限 |