所在位置: 查字典英语网 > 双语阅读 > 美文 > 英语常见习语

英语常见习语

发布时间:2016-11-10  编辑:查字典英语网小编

分享一些英语常见习语。

1.You rock!: 你真棒!

Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

兄弟你真棒!谢谢你主动提出照顾我的蜥蜴一整周。

2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.

如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!

3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。

I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。

4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。

Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!

5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。

6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。

It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.

显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。

7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!

8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。

9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。

10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。

11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。

Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。

12.Snug as a bug in a rug:温暖舒适的;满足的。

That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

那个小宝贝蜷缩在妈妈的身边,一副很舒服满足的样子。

13. Step up your game: 迎头赶上。

Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇老师的课上得全A,就得奋起直追。她可不是好糊弄的!

14.Stick your nose into something: 干涉。

Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

莎伦经常干涉别人的事。

15.Straight from the horse’s mouth: 来自最可靠的消息。

Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!

据最可靠的消息说,我们这周都会领到奖金啦!

16.Take it easy: 放松。

I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

我知道你难受,今天试着放松一下吧。

17.Tip of the iceberg: 一个较大问题的显而易见的一小部分;冰山一角。

The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.

卡莉和黑手党的人见面的事实只是冰山一角,她还参与向这个国家走私违禁品。

18.To not see the wood for the trees: 一叶障目;只看到细节而未注意到最重要的事实。

She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

她总是在一些鸡毛蒜皮的事上不肯罢休;就像看不到最重要的部分一样。

19.Up a creek without a paddle:处于困境之中。

If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

如果你没钱支付汽车的修理费的话,那就麻烦了,因为你休想要回你的车。

20.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨,我的老师就安排了一场关于阅读技巧的测验,我通过了!

这些常见习语,大家都学会了吗?

查看全部
推荐文章
猜你喜欢
附近的人在看
推荐阅读
拓展阅读

分类
  • 年级
  • 类别
  • 版本
  • 上下册
年级
不限
类别
英语教案
英语课件
英语试题
不限
版本
不限
上下册
上册
下册
不限