BEIJING - China's national football coach has been ordered to lead the squad to the final four of next month's Asian Cup and avoid the errors that led to a recent defeat to Thailand, state media said Monday. Embattled coach Zhu Guanghu, ordered to Beijing for two days of talks with top officials following last week's humiliating 1-0 loss in Bangkok, said he was given an ultimatum.
"I was told, 'get to the last four or else'," Zhu told Monday's Titan Sports weekly.
The 1-0 setback in Bangkok on Wednesday, China's first loss to Thailand in 14 years, led to calls for Zhu's ouster but he said the football association expressed confidence in him.
He said he was told by China's Football Association chief Xie Yalong to do whatever was necessary in terms of reshuffling the side or changing tactics in order to improve the team's chances at July's Asian Cup in Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Zhu argued that the team which played against Thailand was basically a second-string side deprived of many of its European-based players and with only two or three members who would make it to the Asian Cup team.
"For the Asian Cup there are going to be changes, whether they be in personnel or tactics," he said, "Certainly there will be no repetition of what happened in Bangkok."
He took the blame for tactical errors in Bangkok and for failing to take into consideration the sapping effect of the Bangkok heat on his players.
"I never though the heat would have such a killing effect on the players," he said.
"If we had tried to control the ball and keep possession and save our energy ... we may have had a better result."
Zhu took over the national team in March 2005 after their failure to qualify for last year's World Cup under predecessor Arie Haan. However, a string of disappointing performances has kept him under the gun since.
国际英语资讯:ASEAN, China, Japan, S. Korea reaffirm commitment to actions against COVID-19 fallout
体坛英语资讯:Bolt steals limelight, Russian topples record
体坛英语资讯:Moggi tips Milan to retain Serie A title
体坛英语资讯:Santos 18-year-old prospect helps team beat Avai 2-1
体坛英语资讯:Stosur beats Serena to lift first major trophy at US Open
体坛英语资讯:Bolt retains world title in mens 200m in Daegu
体坛英语资讯:China still alive, World Champions unstoppable
体坛英语资讯:Del Bosque: No defensive worries for Spain
体坛英语资讯:Chinas Peng reaches U.S. Open fourth round
体坛英语资讯:Real Sociedad fight back to deny Barcelona
国际英语资讯:Chinese medical experts help South Sudan strengthen fight against COVID-19
体坛英语资讯:Internacional slams America-MG 4-2
体坛英语资讯:Santos continues to climb in Brazilian Championship
体坛英语资讯:Top seed Wozniacki breezes into U.S. Open fourth round
体坛英语资讯:Allegri focuses on Lazio game
体坛英语资讯:Sao Paulo wins in Rogerio Cenis 1000th game
国际英语资讯:Abes shock resignation presents uncertainties for Japan
体坛英语资讯:France beats Albania 2-1 in Euro 2017 qualifiers
体坛英语资讯:Haedo wins confusing sprint in stage 16 of Vuelta
The Things I Learn in College 我在大学学到的东西
体坛英语资讯:Argentinas River supporters sentenced to life in prison
体坛英语资讯:Six athletes elected to IAAF Athletes Commission
体坛英语资讯:China loses to Jordan in World Cup qualifier
体坛英语资讯:Williams beats Ivanovic to reach US Open quarter
体坛英语资讯:Euro 2017 main stadium to open on Oct. 8
体坛英语资讯:Djokovic into semis, Nadal, Murray, Roddick reach US Open quarters
Water-splashing Festival 泼水节
国际英语资讯:Merkel: EU, China want to set example for multilateralism
体坛英语资讯:U.S. Open retirements reach record 14
体坛英语资讯:Nadal, Murray, Del Potro reach U.S. Open third round
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |