I would I were a careless child,
我愿做无忧无虑的小孩,
Still dwelling in my Highland cave,
仍然居住在高原的洞穴,
Or roaming through the dusky wild,
或是在微曛旷野里徘徊,
Or bounding o'er the dark blue wave;
或是在暗蓝海波上腾跃;
The cumbrous pomp of Saxon pride
撒克逊浮华的繁文缛礼
Accords not with the freeborn soul,
不合我生来自由的意志,
Which loves the mountain's craggy side,
我眷念坡道崎岖的山地,
And seeks the rocks where billows roll.
我向往狂涛扑打的巨石。
Fortune! take back these cultured lands,
命运呵!请收回丰熟的田畴,
Take back this name of splendid sound!
收回这响亮的尊荣称号
I hate the touch of servile hands,
我厌恶被人卑屈地迎候,
I hate the slaves that cringe around.
厌恶被奴仆躬身环绕。
Place me among the rocks I love,
把我放回我酷爱的山岳,
Which sound to Ocean's wildest roar;
听巉岩应和咆哮的海洋;
I ask but this—again to rove
我只求让我重新领略
Through scenes my youth hath known before.
我从小熟悉的故国风光。
Few are my years, and yet I feel
我虽然年少,也能感觉出
The world was ne'er design'd for me:
这世界决不是为我而设;
Ah! why do dark'ning shades conceal
幽冥暗影为何要幂覆
The hour when man must cease to be?
世人向尘寰告别的时刻?
Once I beheld a splendid dream,
我也曾瞥见过辉煌梦境——
A visionary scene of bliss:
极乐之乡的神奇幻觉;
Truth!—wherefore did thy hated beam
真相呵!为何你可憎的光明
Awake me to a world like this?
唤醒我面临这么个世界?
I loved—but those I loved are gone;
我爱过——所爱之人已离去;
Had friends—my early friends are fled:
有朋友——早年友谊已终结;
How cheerless feels the heart alone
孤苦的心灵怎能不忧郁,
When all its former hopes are dead!
当原有的希望都黯然熄灭!
Though gay companions o'er the bowl
纵然酒宴中欢谑的伙伴们
Dispel awhile the sense of ill;
把恶劣情怀驱散了片刻;
Though pleasure stirs the maddening soul,
豪兴能振奋痴狂的灵魂,
The heart—the heart—is lonely still.
心儿呵,心儿却永远寂寞。
How dull! to hear the voice of those
多无聊!去听那些人闲谈:
Whom rank or chance, whom wealth or power,
那些人与我非敌非友,
Have made, though neither friends nor foes,
是门第、权势、财富或机缘
Associates of the festive hour.
使他们与我在筵前聚首。
Give me again a faithful few,
把几个忠诚密友还给我,
In years and feelings still the same,
还是原来的年纪和心情;
And I will fly the midnight crew,
躲开那半夜喧嚣的一伙,
Where boist´rous joy is but a name.
他们的欢乐不过是虚名。
And woman, lovely woman! thou,
美人,可爱的美人!你就是
My hope, my comforter, my all?
我的希望,慰藉,和一切?
How cold must be my bosom now,
连你那笑靥的魅力也消失,
When e'en thy smiles begin to pall!
我心中怎能不奇寒凛冽!
Without a sigh would I resign
又富丽又惨苦的繁嚣俗境,
This busy scene of splendid woe,
我毫无叹惜,愿从此告辞;
To make that calm contentment mine,
我只要怡然知足的恬静——
Which virtue knows, or seems to know.
“美德”熟识它,或似曾相识。
Fain would I fly the haunts of men—
告别这熙来攘往的去处——
I seek to shun, not hate mankind;
我不恨人类,只是想避开;
My breast requires the sullen glen,
我痴心寻觅阴沉崖谷,
Whose gloom may suit a darken'd mind.
那暝色契合这晦暗胸怀。
Oh! that to me the wings were given
但愿能给我一双翅膀:
Which bear the turtle to her nest!
像斑鸠飞回栖宿的巢里,
Then would I cleave the vault of heaven,
我也要展翅飞越穹苍,
To flee away, and be at rest.
飘然远引,得享安息。
2019七下Unit 2 It\'sShowTime!单元试题
2019英语七下牛津译林7AUnit6单元练习
2019鲁教版七英语下第二单元综合测试题
2019七下Unit Unit 9 What does he look like测试卷答案
2019人教七年级英语下册Unit11测试题答案
2019人教版七下英语Unit7单元测试练习题()
2020届北京五中高一语文下学期4月考试题
2019英语人教七下册Unit 8测试题
2019人教七年级上册starter1-3测试题
2019安徽合肥七下Module 4 补偿训练试题
2019七下Unit 2 It\'sShowTime!单元试题答案
2020届吉林白山市七中高一英语下学期月考试题答案
2019人教版七英语下Unit 1单元复习试题
2020届河北邯郸三中南校高一英语下学期月考试题
2020届上海帕丁顿双语学校高一英语下学期月考试题
2020届吉林白山市七中高一英语下学期月考试题
湖南岳阳长岭中2019上七英语下Units 1-2 测试题()
2019冀教版七英语下Unit 3单元测试题
2019人教版新目标版七英语下第2单元试题
2020届石家庄市平山县平山中学高一英语下学期月考试题
2019英语七下牛津译林7AUnit6单元练习答案
2020届天津二十五中高一英语下学期线上统练试题
2019牛津上海版七年级下Unit2综合练习题
2019人教版七英语下Units 1-5单元综合练习题
安徽合肥七上Module 9 People and places 补偿训练
2019七英语下Unit 3School Life单元测试题
浙江温州绣山中2019七下英语单元Module1-3试卷
2020届辽宁省高三下英语联合考试试题
2019人教七年级英语下册Unit11测试题
2019新目标英语七下Unit6 单元测试题
| 不限 |
| 英语教案 |
| 英语课件 |
| 英语试题 |
| 不限 |
| 不限 |
| 上册 |
| 下册 |
| 不限 |